FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Had ob appt today,, it just gets better and better. NOT!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    missyk
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Had ob appt today,, it just gets better and better. NOT!

Hey everyone! Well, I had an appt today and let me tell you, I am getting ready to PULL my hair out!!!!!!!!
    Well, my blood pressure was good, but it usually is.. That is the good part.......
    Now the NOT so good part......
    I am having trouble controlling my blood sugar.. It is usually okay except after breakfast,, I am NOT cheating, I am eating what they told me to but it is high.. She was concerned.. I have an appt with the dietician on Friday and I have to have the dietician call my doctor BEFORE i leave so she can talk it over with her. She is about 95 percent sure that she wants me on insulin.. She said she does not want to worry about me and the baby. If that happens,, which it probably will, my whole pregnancy protocol will change she said...
    By that she means i will have to come in weekly for NON STRESS test for the baby, and have several Ultra sounds to make sure that the baby is okay and check for size. I am measuring two weeks ahead right now,, but i have been measuring ahead and she said at this point she doesnt really know if thats from the gestational diabetes because technically you can measure a week or so big or small and it not mean anything. But she does have me coming in tomarrow for a ultrasound. So at least tomarrow I will have some idea of the size. I could use some positive thoughts for the ultra sound.. i havent had one since 20 weeks and I get really worried about what they will find, ya know.
    On a good note, she did check my cervix because i have been having REALLY painful contractions and REALLY painful menstrual type cramps.. it is still long and closed..
    So, that is my new saga. I am so depressed and tired of it all. I just want a healty baby and I want to be okay too..
    Missyk
    Mommy to Kaelyn 11/22/2002--My little sweetie!
    My Wild mamma!--Carlee Grace 05/31/05

2. Advertisement

ScrappyCat
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Oh Missy...My heart goes out to you. Like any of us need anymore added stress at this point.

It does sound like your OB cares and wants what's best for you and baby. That's reassuring. Just keep in mind we have about 10 weeks or less and hopefully time will fly.

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow. Hopefully you'll have good news update for us.

Lisa

Liv's Mommy
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My gosh Missy!
    You can't catch a break can you? I am so sorry that your blood sugar is staying high. I am sure that you really don't want to resort to insulin. I hope that it diesn't come to that for you as well. Thankfully you are very close to the end. Although for you I am sur that it isn't close enough. I know you will be so glad when your healthy little baby is on your arms. Good luck with your u/s. Please let us know how it goes.
    Jen 36 dh 40
    #1 dd 7/17/02
    My precious little girl!!
    #2 dd 6/10/05
    My other precious little girl!!

amanda28
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Missy,

I feel so bad for you. Try and stay positive. I can't offer advice on the insulin but I hope it doesn't come to that.

One good thing is you will get to see your little baby in there more often and have the reassurance that everything is ok.

You and your little one are in my thoughts and prayers.

Amanda
    Eric 5/31/05

Isaac 9/11/07

homeschoolmom
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Missy!

I can't relate to the high blood sugar, but I can with the stress and worry! We have to hang in there together! We are both so close now and can do this! It sounds like you have a very caring OB and that you and the baby are in really good hands!
    As far as the u/s, if there was anything wrong with the baby, it would have been discovered at your 20wks u/s. Please just go today and enjoy seeing your lil one! I'm sure he/she is fine! It could be he/she will be big, but bigger I think is good! Of all my children my ds was the biggest. He was 8lbs. 6oz. and did the best with breastfeeding, salvia, etc. My dd's were smaller, the one only being 5lbs. 14oz. and she went down to the low 4lbs., had a harder time with breastfeeding and swallowing their salvia. So, to me bigger is better! I know there is a point, but I doubt they would let the baby get too big.
    Please let us know how you are doing and how the u/s goes today!

Michelle

Erin26
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Missy - I hate that you are having such a hard time. I was so hopeful you were going to be able to control it with out meds. Update us on your U/S. I have an appt. in the afternoon with my OB and I will be thinking of you.

Love,
    Erin
    Age 27, DH 27
    Cycle 6 -IVF BFP!!!! EDD 6/23
    Nathan James
    Born 5/31/05
    6lbs 10oz 19in

suzq515
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry that you are going through all this. It is really unfair. Think of it this way. You are going to get another peek at your little one with the u/s and very nonstress test you have you get to hear the HB. I know not much af a relief but you have to try to look at the positive and not stress too much. It will only make things worse.

Sue
    ME-31/ DH-30
    Furbaby- Lulu 6
    born 5/28/05

3 grueling years of IVF for a beautiful bundle of joy!!!