FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Need reassurance...

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    amanda28
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Need reassurance...

Hi Ladies,

I need some reassurance from you 2nd, 3rd, 4th and even 5th time moms.

Yesterday morning I woke up feeling really crappy so I just knew it was going to be a morning sickness morning. They are very occasional for me now (some mercy!). As I was being sick, sorry for TMI - quite a bit of "stuff" started coming out. Now is was enough to go down my leg and reach the floor, but not enough for a puddle. I was freaked thinking maybe my water broke, but I continued to monitor it all day and it didn't happen again. Last night there was more "stuff" than normal but it could just be a fluke right. I also haven't felt any "real" movement since then. I have an ultrasound scheduled this afternoon - do you think this is worthy of a mention. I don't want to seem like a paranoid FTM but it's so hard to deal with the unknown.

We actually started our nursery yesterday as well. My DH has been pushing to get it started for a few weeks because of all the problems, he is afraid the baby is going to be here and we are going to still have a "junk" room instead of a nursery. A part of me feels the same way, but a bigger part feels that if we start the nursery then I am going to lose the baby. I know the two are completely unrelated, but in my mind if we get it done too soon then something will happen. I finally broke down and cleaned the room out so now it is completly empty but that is as far as I want to go right now. Is anyone else feeling this way or am I a little screwed up!!!

Thanks
    Amanda
    Eric 5/31/05

Isaac 9/11/07

2. Advertisement

missyk
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hi Sweetie~
    First of all yes i would tell your doctor. I always say, its better to be safe. Let me tell you,, these doctors are so used to getting questions that seem trivial. I just knew i was driving my doctor crazy with my pregnancy with Kaelyn. I called all the time. She told me that they are used to getting those types of calls especially from first time mothers. I still call about things and this is our second baby.
    Okay,, i totally understand your thinking about the nursery. I was the same way with Kaelyn too. I wanted to get it done because i just new we would be scrambling but was afraid I would jinx myself and that baby if we did it. You really need to do what makes you comfortable. I can tell you that you wont jinx things but that isnt going to make you feel better. What I can tell you is that we did get Kaelyns room done in time and she didnt even sleep in it for MONTHS because she was in our room in a bassinett. My point is,, If you are uncomfortable with finishing it, and it makes you feel vulnerable,, then DONT.. I bet you the baby wont care ONE ounce if its room is done,, and probably wont sleep in it right away anyhow. If you reallllly want to finish it then do, and just believe that a room is not going to dictate the outcome of your pregnancy.. ITs hard to do,, but with alot of mind altering on your behalf, you can make yourself believe that things are going to be JUST FINE! And just know that what you are feeling and worrying about is COMPLETLY normal. I was afraid to buy the things we did until i had my u/s.. I am still totally apprehensive.
    HUGE hugs~
    Missyk
    Mommy to Kaelyn 11/22/2002--My little sweetie!
    My Wild mamma!--Carlee Grace 05/31/05

Blessedmama24
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    ((hug)) I agree with Missy I would call my dr, thats what you pay them for . I can understand about the room and buying things, we have done the same thing basically. I am 28wks today and feeling more comfortable with buying things. I agree with Missy again about the room, the stress isnt good on you and the baby and maybe you can leave it alone until closer to due date and then little by little do more as your comfort level rises. Congrats on your u/s I would love to have one. I hope you have a great day and getting to see your wee one cheers you up .
    test

ScrappyCat
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I know what you mean. Everytime I get sick, cough or sneeze, stuff comes out. It has to do with the baby pressing against the bladder. It's actually quite common. I've started wearing poise pads, which help.

Hope your U/S goes well.

Lisa

homeschoolmom
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would tell your dr today as well. It is better to know then keep wondering. About your stuff, was it watery or more mucousy? For me, when my water broke with my ds, it leaked a little at a time and was clear/watery. With my dd's, they broke it at the hospital and it gush all over and kept gushing. They will be able to tell more at your u/s today. If you are not feeling much movement, I would call them right away and go in earlier. Again it's better to be safe. I'm not trying to scare you, I just think it's best to be checked as soon as you can when you aren't feeling the baby! I wasn't feeling my 2nd and went in to be checked. They hooked me up to a fetal monitor and within seconds he was moving all over! I don't think he liked the machine! It made me feel so much better, and the dr was happy to know everything was okay too!
    With the nursery, I agree to just take your time. You will probably want the baby in with you for awhile anyway. I haven't done much to get ready either, but it will all come and everything will be okay! I would just suggest having a carseat, the bassinet/crib your baby will be sleeping in, some clothes and diapers ready. That's really all you need at first with your new baby. Everything else can wait until you are ready!
    Please let us know how your u/s goes today!

Michelle

Erin26
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amanda - It sounds like you've gotten some good advice. I am 28w4days and just started leaking urine this weekend.. hopefully that's all it is for you too. Take care and update us when you can.

Erin
    Age 27, DH 27
    Cycle 6 -IVF BFP!!!! EDD 6/23
    Nathan James
    Born 5/31/05
    6lbs 10oz 19in

Liv's Mommy
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amanda,
    Definitely mention it today at your appt. Like Missy said it is better to be safe. I am betting that it was urine though. Especially b/c one time it happened was when you were getting sick......all the pressure!!!
    As far as ther room goes. I can totally understand how you feel. With my last pregnancyt I was the same exact way. However, I think that for me I would want the room finished ASAP so that would be one less thing that I would have to worry about. If in fact the baby does come early you are going to be so busy that it will be hard to try and get a room together as well. The carpenter that is finishing our upstairs just started today and he is here as I type this!! As of right now my baby has no nursery and it is stressing me out that they aren't going to be finshed in time!!!! Anyway, if you don't feel comfortable starting on the nursery yet then don't. At this point I would do whatever is going to give you the least amt of stress.
    Please let us know how your u/s goes today. Good luck!
    Jen 36 dh 40
    #1 dd 7/17/02
    My precious little girl!!
    #2 dd 6/10/05
    My other precious little girl!!