FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Past the point of crying!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    amanda28
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Past the point of crying!

Hi Ladies,

I went to my family DR to get my second celestone shot yesterday and of course I ran into more problems. They wouldn't do the shot without checking my urine and blood pressure and yep I had protein in my urine and my blood pressure sky rocketed to 182/81. They did do the shot but sent me straight to the hospital again.

I spent the afternoon in there being monitored but it continually went down. However, once there they decided to do a skeptic? or something like that because of the wet feeling I have been having. Low and behold I have a bad bacterial infection. I had 5 nurses, a resident and the DR in the cubical with me and when she told me I just started laughing hysterically. It was laugh or cry!! I have major drug allergies - so bad they won't even consider an epidural during pregnancy so - I am bascially have one more complication that could lead to pre-term labour. Between the bleeding and now this infection she said she is almost certain I will have this child early but my DH and I are hoping and praying that it will stay in there for a few more weeks.

amanda
    6/10/05
    Eric 5/31/05

Isaac 9/11/07

2. Advertisement

homeschoolmom
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Amanda! I'm so sorry! I can only image what you are feeling right now! I can keep telling you about baby statistics, but I know it won't help much. I know you are scared and I'm so sorry! I will be praying for you and the baby, and that he will stay inside longer.
    You will be 29 wks tomorrow and that is one more week behind you!

Michelle

bebe
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amanda:

The best thing you can do for your baby is to get off your feet. Get in bed girl! Lay on your left or right side and only get up to go the bathroom as needed (keep your bladder empty) and to shower once a day. Drink tons of water and eat all your meals in bed sitting up on angle leaning on pillows. (get some Zantac for the heartburn). This will not only lower your BP but will ensure optimum blood flow to and growth of your baby.

You may want to post your concerns on the high risk board. There are lots of ladies over there with experience dealing with high BP, PTL and bleeding.

Good Luck,

bebe
    ME 43 DH 40, 7-02 (Domestic Adoption), 4-05 (DE #1, IVF #5),
    (M/C, Ectopic Pregnancy, Failed Adoption)

suzq515
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes laughter is the best medicine even if it's a knee jerk reaction to all the miserable luck. I will keep you and the baby in my thoughts and prayers. Hang on just a few more weeks little one!!!

Sue
    ME-31/ DH-30
    Furbaby- Lulu 6
    born 5/28/05

3 grueling years of IVF for a beautiful bundle of joy!!!

grainne
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    You poor poor thing,

I am praying for you.

Grainne
    Me 46, TCC # 1 for 7 years.
    1st DE IVF 10/01/04 BFP,
    1st Beta 10/13/04 278, 2nd Beta 10/15/04 947

missyk
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Oh NO! You poor thing.. I know you are having just a terrible time.. You have been stressed with all that has been happening and that alone can cause your blood pressure to go up and of course you dont need that.. I agree that you should plop your butt in bed and stay there so that HOPEFULLY your lil one will stay put a lil while longer. Maybe with the infection under control your PTL will subside some.. I know infection can cause that. Please keep us updated.. We are really pulling for you and your sweet lil baby. I just know everything will be okay~
    HUGE HUGS!
    Missyk
    Mommy to Kaelyn 11/22/2002--My little sweetie!
    My Wild mamma!--Carlee Grace 05/31/05

kathyd
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh you poor thing!! I wish I could just wrap my arms around you and tell you that everything is going to be OK!

Hang in there sweetie! you are doing a great job coolin that little one.

Please let us know how you're doing!!!

HUGS!

Kath
    me 36 DH 33
    m/c 12-7-01
    m/c 3-22-02
    DD Grace 5/9/03
    m/c 3-22-04 :angel
    DS Ryan 5/12/05