FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Trying to mature baby for Early delivery

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    amanda28
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Trying to mature baby for Early delivery

Hi Ladies,

Thank you to all who responded and all who kept my baby and I in your prayers last week.

I was finally able to see my own OB yesterday (his first day back from holidays) and it's not good news. He said the ultrasound looks really good but that is a major concern because there is an obvious problem with the bleeding and he can't determine what it is.

I am 28 weeks and he said if I bleed like that again, then he will probably take the baby as he feels it may be causing more harm to keep him in there. I got my first steriod shot yesterday and I need another one today to help the baby's lungs mature at a faster pace. He said this really increases the chance of survival if I do happen to go into labour or need an Csection in the near future.

I have to get 2 injections of Celestone has anyone had this and had healthy babies?

I am of course stressed to the max with this and I am an accountant in Canada and it is our busiest time of year. He has told me to keep working at a slow pace, but if the bleeding starts again I am definitley off.

Why, why and why is my only question. It took us a year and a half and 3 cycles of clomid to concieve this baby and now it doesn't look great.

I am sorry for whining and venting here all the time but you guys are truly the only ones that can understand what I am feeling and going through. My family has been great, but you have to be experiencing it to really get a clear picture.

Amanda
    hopefully 6/10/05
    Eric 5/31/05

Isaac 9/11/07

2. Advertisement

Teddybear
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry I have nothing to offer except prayers!!! I hope you and your little one are able to hang in there!

Lori

ds - Logan, age 3
    ds - 7/4/05

missyk
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Oh honi! I am so sorry you are going through this.. I know it is scarey.. WIth all my issues this pregnancy i have also felt bad about coming here with such negativity but the ladies have assured me that they are here to listen.. And it is true.. We do understand and you come here when ever you need to. As far as the steriods go that is a great idea.. I am hoping that you dont have the bleeding again but if you do, just know that 28 weeks is an incredible milestone. You lil on has a great chance. I am sorry you have to continue to work, I think it would be a great idea for you to lay around or go on some sort of bedrest. The stress itself is just horrible. I know that!
    Keep your chin up and PLEASE update us when you can.. Every day your baby stays in there is a good thing.. I will be thinking of you so dont forget to let us know how you are doing okay.
    Missyk
    Mommy to Kaelyn 11/22/2002--My little sweetie!
    My Wild mamma!--Carlee Grace 05/31/05

little_roo
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry you have to deal with this. It's not fair after all what you went through to get to this point. Rest up as much as possible and update us when you can.
    Kim (dx PCOS) - 31/DH - 34
    06/05 02/07 04/04

bebe
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amanda:

Keep your spirits up!!!! We are in a similar situation (PTL at 27 weeks and on bedrest (28 weeks 6 days today). I also had steroid shots. My understanding is after you receive both it takes 4 days for them to be fully effective.

Babies born at 28 weeks have a 90+ percent chance of survival and 90+ percent of those that survive go on to have perfectly normal lives with no complications. 29 weeks gets you 95% and we have been told by the neonatologist at our hospital if we can make it to 32 weeks we probably won't even have to see him.

I am surprised your Dr. is letting you work. Have you seen a Perientologist (High Risk OB)? If I were you I would truly consider stopping work and laying down to promote maximum blood flow to the placenta and growth for your baby. Every day you can keep that baby in your belly is a day worth every bit of money lost and then some.

There is no answer to the why? Look at my history below and you will see.

Good Luck and prayers to you,

bebe
    ME 43 DH 40, 7-02 (Domestic Adoption), 4-05 (DE #1, IVF #5),
    (M/C, Ectopic Pregnancy, Failed Adoption)

grainne
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry you are having to go through this. I can imagine how worried you are. I totally agree that I think you should not be working and that you should be horizintal as much as possible. I understand that working may keep your mind busy but I would forget about it for now.
    Of course your baby has a very high chance of survival at this stage but the best place is in your belly.

Prayers and best wishes coming your way.

PS. Dont EVER feel bad for coming to us with your concerns.

Grainne
    Me 46, TCC # 1 for 7 years.
    1st DE IVF 10/01/04 BFP,
    1st Beta 10/13/04 278, 2nd Beta 10/15/04 947

Erin26
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wanted to let you know I'm praying for you and your baby. You are in my thoughts.

Love,
    Erin
    Age 27, DH 27
    Cycle 6 -IVF BFP!!!! EDD 6/23
    Nathan James
    Born 5/31/05
    6lbs 10oz 19in

Liv's Mommy
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Amanda!
    You are right it is so not fair after all that you have been through. The other ladies here have already given you some great advice. I agree that I don't think that you should be working right now, especially considering the time of year it is and I am sure you are extremely busy. Yes, your baby does have an excellent chance of survival if born now. However, I know that you want to hold off on delivering him as much as you can. I have no experience in this but want you to know that I am thinking of you both. You come here and whine and vent anytime you want! Although I don't consider this whining or venting. You have every right to be concerned. Take care and please update us.
    Jen 36 dh 40
    #1 dd 7/17/02
    My precious little girl!!
    #2 dd 6/10/05
    My other precious little girl!!

homeschoolmom
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Amanda~

I'm so sorry you are having to go through this! This is something you have wanted for a long time and you and the baby will continue to be in my prayers!
    Please know that 28 wks is a great milestone for your baby as far as survival and a healthy life! Also with you already getting steriod shots that increases his chances even more!
    I know a baby that was born about 2 yrs. ago at 26wks. He has had a tough road and is still on oxgyen, but otherwise is now a normal toddler! A friend of mine had her baby at 30 wks. and she is just perfect! Also, my SIL had her baby at 32 wks. and she is perfect too! Each had some issue they had to deal with, but nothing major and their babies caught up to normal development by a year old.
    I know both my friend and SIL had steriod shots, but the baby born at 26 wks. did not.
    Please hang in there and know we are all thinking and praying for you and the baby! Please let us know how you are doing!

Michelle

ScrappyCat
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Oh Sweetie...this has got to be so hard for you. Everyone so far has given some great advice/comments. The most important being that you are so far along now, your baby has an awesome chance of survival.

Hugs...

Lisa