FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Been MIA,  an update

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    grainne
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Been MIA, an update

Hey Ladies,

Playing catch-up today. DH was away working for a few days and I went with him. My Mom is now gone back to Ireland and its been a busy few weeks.

I CANNOT believe that I have now started to count backwards from DD. 13 weeks from tomorrow. YIKES!!!!!!

I go for my GTT on Wed and another checkup. I am feeling fantastic apart from a little tired due to this carpal tunnel pain in my arms and numbness as I sleep. Last night for the first time I had 2 extra pillows. One between my legs and one to prop my arms on and I really slept well. Trying to switch sides with all my extra luggage now takes a little longer and makes me giggle at the gracefulness of it all. I am already amazed that in order to switch sides I have to sit up first. What will it be like in another month, I marvel to myself.
    I am endlessly entertained in the evenings just watching my belly twitch and ripple and the movements are much more definite. We both jump back in fright sometimes with the strength of them. My heart melts when Michael talks to the baby. He felt so self-conscious in the beginning but now he just chats away.
    Something else that I find fascinating is how some days I feel light on my feet and hardly pregnant at all. Other days I feel so heavy and cumbersome and achy that I wonder how much bigger I'll get. Those days are hard to get through and all I want is the couch and my banky.
    I, as always, love to hear all your updates and I take great comfort in knowing how much we are all rooting for each other, with such loving care and kindness. I am in awe.

Love Grainne
    Me 46, TCC # 1 for 7 years.
    1st DE IVF 10/01/04 BFP,
    1st Beta 10/13/04 278, 2nd Beta 10/15/04 947

2. Advertisement

Liv's Mommy
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Grainne!
    I had been wondering where the heck you have been! I hope that you had a great visit with your Mom. I am glad that for the most part you are feeling good. I can so relate on the switching sides in bed. It takes all I have to switch sides.......and I of course do it about a million times a night b/c I get so uncomfortable. I too have to sit up and turn!!! I also know what you mean about somedays not really feeling that pregnant and then somedays I am feeling like a moose! One of those times is right now! I feel like I can hardly breathe!!!!
    Isn't it just amazing watching your belly move? Just wait until 8-9 mos! Your belly will really be rolling and moving all over the place! It is the weirdest yet most magnificant thing to witness. How cute that your dh talks to your belly! Dh has really never done that too much with either of my pregnancies. I think he feels silly, but I think it is sweet.
    Thanks for updating and glad you are back.
    Jen 36 dh 40
    #1 dd 7/17/02
    My precious little girl!!
    #2 dd 6/10/05
    My other precious little girl!!