FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
What is your most amazing.....

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    kathyd
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

What is your most amazing.....

Hi Ladies,

Well, we are all coming into the home stretch of our pregnancies. It is so strange to think that we are almost done with this adventure and are about to start an entire new lifetime of adventures. Many of us are first time mommies, many second time mommies....and we even have a FIFTH time mommy on this board.

I was wondering what is YOUR most AMAZING MEMOMRY so far in this pregnancy???

I'll start.....

There are so many amazing things about this pregnancy and I want to remember them all.....especially on days when I'm feeling down. I know lots of you are feeling like I am...and some of you have had really really hard pregnancies. I just thought it would be good to think of some things that really make us smile.

My most amazing memory was feeling Ryan move for the first time at FOURTEEN weeks! I feel so very blessed to have been able to have felt him jiggle and wiggle and grow for so long. Last preganancy I hardly felt any movement till after 20 weeks!

A close second (and yes I'm cheating) was the look on my husbands face when we knew for sure we were having a boy!

Who's next???

Kath
    me 36 DH 33
    m/c 12-7-01
    m/c 3-22-02
    DD Grace 5/9/03
    m/c 3-22-04 :angel
    DS Ryan 5/12/05

2. Advertisement

suzq515
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kathy what a good idea to start this thread. Thanks!!!

Well I can't decide. It's between seeing the HB for the first time and feeling him move for the first time. Both put me in tears.

Sue
    ME-31/ DH-30
    Furbaby- Lulu 6
    born 5/28/05

3 grueling years of IVF for a beautiful bundle of joy!!!

homeschoolmom
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sue, aren't both of those just SO amazing!! I love hearing first time mommies talk about their pg!

Even though this is my fifth, I still love feeling the baby move around! I always miss it so after the baby is born. Weird I know! I'm so excited to finally get to hold and see my baby, but I still miss that special time!

With this pg, I was able to see him at 6wks! I have never seen any of my other children that early! I always had to wait until 16 to 20 wks for a first view. With my oldest, I was able to see her again at 35 wks, but the other three I only got to see once! So, despite the reason for seeing my lil guy so much, I'm enjoying the many views for him! It's amazing to see how much he goes each time!

We are also very excited to be having another boy!! I think my ds is the most excited!

Michelle

Erin26
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. This post has put me into uncontrollable tears. I can't believe it's almost over. I have loved every second of being pregnant. I'll never forget seeing him for the first time, hearing his heartbeat, and feeling him for the first time. It has been so amazing. And I will never forget the first time my DH felt him move. I have been so lucky to have had such an easy pregnancy and I can't wait to meet my little boy. I thank God everyday for giving me this baby after such a long wait. I love my husband, I love my life, and I love my little boy. Now, if I could just stop crying.

Erin
    Age 27, DH 27
    Cycle 6 -IVF BFP!!!! EDD 6/23
    Nathan James
    Born 5/31/05
    6lbs 10oz 19in

Liv's Mommy
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think that for me it would have to be feeling the baby move. It always amazes me to feel something in my stomach moving and know that it is a little human!!! It blows me away!!! I know that when I go for my 4D u/s in April that I will be amazed by that as well. I never got to have a 4D with Olivia so this will be a totally new experience for dh and I.
    Jen 36 dh 40
    #1 dd 7/17/02
    My precious little girl!!
    #2 dd 6/10/05
    My other precious little girl!!

kathyd
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, these are wonderful and totally bring a tear to my eye!!!
    me 36 DH 33
    m/c 12-7-01
    m/c 3-22-02
    DD Grace 5/9/03
    m/c 3-22-04 :angel
    DS Ryan 5/12/05

homeschoolmom
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Melissa~

I just love that your dh gives her pic a kiss every night! It sounds like he will be a great daddy!

Michelle

grainne
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Y'all have me in floods of tears.

I just want to say that the most amazing part for me is the whole thing. That I actually am pregnant after so many years of yearning, wanting, waiting.
    But if I have to choose I would say the two most precious parts of it is, firstly the movement of a child, a life inside my body, the comfort of that feeling, the intimacy of it being mine, only for me to enjoy, the exclusivity of this precious one-on-one relationship that I know I will miss terribly. Secondly, over the past 6 months, the indescribable joy of watching the man I adore, become a Dad, in body, mind and spirit. I have fallen in deeper love.

I am swept away by it all.

Grainne
    Me 46, TCC # 1 for 7 years.
    1st DE IVF 10/01/04 BFP,
    1st Beta 10/13/04 278, 2nd Beta 10/15/04 947

Erin26
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Grainne - you got me crying again. So sweet!
    Age 27, DH 27
    Cycle 6 -IVF BFP!!!! EDD 6/23
    Nathan James
    Born 5/31/05
    6lbs 10oz 19in