FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Failed 3HR GTT

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Erin26
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Failed 3HR GTT

Add me to the list.. I failed.. I'm not sure how badly yet. I'm waiting for a call from my Dr. I'm sure the next step is to see a dietician. I've been reading up on it and it sounds like there is quite a debate over treatment vs no treatment.. if it really makes any difference. Anyway, at this point I'm not really concerned. I will make an effort to eat better, but considering I've only gained 6lbs so far, I don't know how much changing they'll want. I will say this - I'm having cake at my baby shower . Take care and good luck to the rest of you that haven't tested yet.

Love,
    Erin
    Age 27, DH 27
    Cycle 6 -IVF BFP!!!! EDD 6/23
    Nathan James
    Born 5/31/05
    6lbs 10oz 19in

2. Advertisement

homeschoolmom
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Erin~

Way to go girl with your attitude! I'm still awaiting my results and don't know if I will be so up if I fail!
    I do truly believe you and the baby will be fine! I've had a lot of friends go through this and had perfectly healthy babies!
    Way to go on the weight gain too! I'm sad to say I've gained 10! I know it's not a lot, but I've gained more then the last times at this point! Oh well...I'm just praying for a healthy baby!!
    Let us know how it's going.

Michelle

suzq515
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Michelle is right, you have a great attitude about this whole thing. As long as the baby is healthy and you are feeling energetic and healthy all is good.

6 POUNDS!!! Sister you're my hero!!! I should have only gained about the same but I am up 27 pounds!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!

Enjoy your cake.

Sue
    ME-31/ DH-30
    Furbaby- Lulu 6
    born 5/28/05

3 grueling years of IVF for a beautiful bundle of joy!!!

missyk
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Sorry Erin!
    I am right there with you. I went to see the nurse today and got my monitor and will see the dietician tomarrow. I have been trying to eat better and have not hardly eaten any sugar. I didnt have it with Kaelyn so this is all new to me. I did get ALOT of info today and after what I was given I WILL make a point to be careful. It just plain sucks!!
    YOU go GIRL on your weight gain.. I have already gained 25 pounds!!!
    Missyk
    Mommy to Kaelyn 11/22/2002--My little sweetie!
    My Wild mamma!--Carlee Grace 05/31/05

Liv's Mommy
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Erin,
    So sorry that you didn't pass the 3 hr test. At least you are keeping a positive outlook about the while thing though. I am sure that both you and your baby will be just fine. Hopefully the dietician will give you a little more insight.

I don't blame you for wanting cake at your shower!!! You deserve it girl!!! Enjoy!!!
    Jen 36 dh 40
    #1 dd 7/17/02
    My precious little girl!!
    #2 dd 6/10/05
    My other precious little girl!!