FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Feeling better physically - long

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    amanda28
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Feeling better physically - long

Hi ladies,

I went to L&D on Monday in Toronto (which is were I work) and was told I would probably be on bedrest for the remainder of my pregnancy. I was told by the DR there to see my OB first thing Tuesday morning. SO, I call the office and he's on holidays for the week. I couldn't believe the receptionist. I live in Oshawa about an hour away from work and she said that when I started bleeding I should have drove the hour home and gone to their hospital and not the one I was closest to. Since I chose not to do this she would not schedule me an appt with any of my OB collegaues this week. She told me I had to wait until Monday to see anyone again.

Of course we all know our emotional states right now, so I freaked out and she basically hung up on me and said she'd call back - which she did 5 hours later. I decided not to wait for her and got into my family DR who told me to go to the Oshawa L&D so that someone would finally pay attention to me.

I had stopped bleeding by then but I was still freaked out by what they said in Toronto and their insistance to see someone first thing in the morning. They had said that if the placenta were to move away from the baby I would lose it. Hearing that was enough to put me in panic mode and then having to deal with the receptionist almost put me over the edge yesterday!!!

Turns out that I had another ultrasound done yesterday and they said that they can't see any reason to think that it may break away so to just take it easy but to go back to work as I am basically fine.

Talk about one extreme to the other - one, your going to be off for the remainder of your pregnancy and two go back to work tomorrow your fine.

What an emotional rollercoaster. I am back to work to keep my mind occupied and hoping and praying for the best.

Amanda
    6/10/05
    Eric 5/31/05

Isaac 9/11/07

2. Advertisement

suzq515
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am so glad to hear that everything is okay. Please take it easy. Did they say what caused the bleeding in the first place? I am sorry this has been so emotional for you. I wil keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Sue
    ME-31/ DH-30
    Furbaby- Lulu 6
    born 5/28/05

3 grueling years of IVF for a beautiful bundle of joy!!!

homeschoolmom
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow Amanda! How stressful!! I'm so sorry you had to deal with that, especially the receptionist!!
    I'm really glad to hear they didn't see anything on the u/s! Were you able to make an appt. with your regular OB?
    You and the baby are in my thouhts and prayers! Please let us know how you are doing!

Michelle

Erin26
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm with Melissa! I'm glad you're doing better and I'm sorry you went through all that. Take care.

Love,
    Erin
    Age 27, DH 27
    Cycle 6 -IVF BFP!!!! EDD 6/23
    Nathan James
    Born 5/31/05
    6lbs 10oz 19in

hope4jo
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    See later reply
    Last edited by hope4jo; 03-25-2005 at 07:35 PM.