FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
TMI - Need advice - bleeding again

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    amanda28
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Exclamation TMI - Need advice - bleeding again

Hi Ladies,

Sorry if this is TMI but my DR's office is closed until Tuesday morning and I don't know what to do.

It's monday morning. When I got up this I noticed that I was bleeding bright red with a few little clots. I have bled on and off through my whole pregnancy and the DR put it down to a sensitive cervix at week 18. I am now 27 weeks. I have had very little bleeding between 18 and 27 weeks. I came to work (an hour drive from home) as I figured it was just one of those things that would go away like it usually does but its not.

I just stood up and I could actually feel it coming out. I ran to the washroom and I have already gone through a liner. I have never had it like this before and I have never had the clotting before either.

What should I do? I don't want to panic and drive all the way home and wait in the hospital which is were I would have to go for them to say it's nothing but what the DR already said. But I also don't want to dismiss it as nothing and then something happen.

Please advise what you would do.

Thanks
    Amanda
    Eric 5/31/05

Isaac 9/11/07

2. Advertisement

little_roo
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My best advice is to go to L & D since your dr's office is closed. It's always better to be safe then sorry and take care of your concerns. The stress won't help the situation. I know what it's like to drive an hr to your job everyday and I prefer to go to the hospital I plan on delivering instead of the small town hospital where I work.

The decision is yours but I think going to L & D is an option you should consider. Let us know how you're doing.
    Kim (dx PCOS) - 31/DH - 34
    06/05 02/07 04/04

missyk
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hey there! I am sorry you are going through this. It is probably not serious. That being said. I would RUN to the hospital. Go to labor and delivery. THey have to see you there. That way you dont have to wait in the ER. As i said about it being nothing,,,, IF something were going on you would feel HORRIBLE about not going. HUGE hugs and keep us updated okay!
    Missyk
    Mommy to Kaelyn 11/22/2002--My little sweetie!
    My Wild mamma!--Carlee Grace 05/31/05

homeschoolmom
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Amanda~

I agree that you should go to L & D. You and your lil one are in my prayers. Please let us know how you are doing!

Michelle

grainne
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have no advice for you except to second the others regarding going to L & D. Just to put your mind at rest.

Let us know how it goes.

Love Grainne
    Me 46, TCC # 1 for 7 years.
    1st DE IVF 10/01/04 BFP,
    1st Beta 10/13/04 278, 2nd Beta 10/15/04 947