FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
My update.......... NOT good!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    missyk
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My update.......... NOT good!

Hi ladies. thank you all for your positive thoughts and words.
    First my cardiology appt. The doctor didnt even seem like he was going to address the pains I have been having. He was going over my echocardiogram results and then he shook my hand and was getting ready to leave the room when I said,,, Um,,, thats not really why I am here. UGGG!
    So he did expain the echo results better though. He said that the hole they closed in my heart when i was a child was like a door. He said my door was open when I was born and they closed it for me and that there seems to be a draft under the door.
    He said it will not cause problems during my pg but that he wants to do a transesophageal echo after the baby is born to look at it. Worst case scenario is that is is larger then he thinks and will need repaired, but he said they can do that via cathidar and i would NOT need surgery. So about my pains...... he didnt seem to concerned.. He did do another EKG and said it looked fine.. So, i dont know much more about the pains..
    NOW, onto my three hour GTT test.. I FAILED it too.. I just cant believe it.. I just started crying like a baby and my doctor was trying to reasure me that it can be managed.. WHY is this happening?! I didnt have it with Kaelyn and I dont understand why i have it now.. They gave me these papers about it and it scared the crap outta me about what CAN happen to the baby..
    They will be calling me with an appt to a dietician and I will get that thing that you check your blood sugar with and then IF it cannot be controlled with diet.. Insulin for me.
    I am just devistated. I cant believe this.
    So anyway, thanks so much for listening and giving me positive thoughts. I wish I had better news to report..
    Missyk
    Mommy to Kaelyn 11/22/2002--My little sweetie!
    My Wild mamma!--Carlee Grace 05/31/05

2. Advertisement

suzq515
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry!!! I have known a lot of women who had diabetes during pregnancy and have had beautiful healthy babies. Please try not to stress it's not good for you, your heart or the baby. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Sue
    ME-31/ DH-30
    Furbaby- Lulu 6
    born 5/28/05

3 grueling years of IVF for a beautiful bundle of joy!!!

ScrappyCat
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Missy...sorry to hear about the GDT test. I'm sure everything is going to be fine...remember those "info" sheets they give you are worse case senario to "cover" themselves, incase anything goes wrong. My dh was just telling me about how much malpractice insurance costs Drs. these days and it's just incredible...trust me, they want to cover themselves as much as possible.

See the dietician and follow his instructions and you'll be fine...the next 3 months will pass quickly. Then, once the baby is born, instruct dh to get bring you a big fat piece of chocolate cake, and all will be well!

Hugs,

Lisa

Rilanator
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    Missy - I am sorry to hear that about the GTT test. However, as everyone else has said, try not to worry too much. A friend of mine did not pass hers with one of her pg and said it was the best thing to happen to her. She was just put on a strict diet, but she said you ate so many times each day she never felt hungry or deprived. Plus, she said that she didn't gain much more weight through the rest of the pg! And, her baby was born perfectly healthy. I'm sure the dietician will give you a lot of good advice - good luck!!

Jennifer
    Mom to Nathan 01/28/02
    and Ali 07/26/03
    #3 due 06/15/05 - It's a boy!!

little_roo
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Missy

I'm sorry you didn't get better results. My SIL had GD her 2nd pg and ended up on Insulin to control it and her dd is a happy, healthy 2-1/2 yr. I'm sure everything will be fine and the drs are just being over cautious. Try not to stress too much about this and focus on you and your baby.
    Kim (dx PCOS) - 31/DH - 34
    06/05 02/07 04/04

homeschoolmom
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Missy~

I'm sorry you have GD to add to this pg! Please, please try not to worry about the GD. I have several friends who had it during their pgs and there babies turned out just beautiful! It is something that can be controlled and I truly believe you and the baby will be okay!
    I'm so glad to hear your heart seems to be doing okay right now! I will be praying for you and your lil one! Remember your next milestone is SO close!!

Michelle

Liv's Mommy
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gosh Missy you have had to deal with alot this pregnancy! Now you have one more thing to deal with. I am so sorry that you didn't pass the 3 hr glucose test. Hopefully they can get you in with the dietician soon so you can make a little more sense of this and get on the right track. I am really worried this time around for my glucose test. I never had GD with Liv, but as you know that doesn't matter for future pregnancies. I just hope I pass the 1 hr one.....we will see next week though. Please keep us updated.
    Jen 36 dh 40
    #1 dd 7/17/02
    My precious little girl!!
    #2 dd 6/10/05
    My other precious little girl!!

kathyd
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    OH MISSY!!!

I just sooooooo wish you could have some peace during this pregnancy! There must be a "reason" for all of this....maybe that means that this will be an easy baby since all of the "hard stuff" has happened during pregnancy.

I am sooooo sorry about the GTT results! I wish I could be there to wrap my arms around you and give you a big hug!

I keep you in my prayers every night and hope and pray that you have a little joy and happiness during this pregnancy! God knows, you deserve it!

Hang in there!!

Kath
    me 36 DH 33
    m/c 12-7-01
    m/c 3-22-02
    DD Grace 5/9/03
    m/c 3-22-04 :angel
    DS Ryan 5/12/05