FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Baby Shower Question

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    suzq515
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Baby Shower Question

Hey girls,

I was just wondering if any of your Dh's are planning to attend the Baby Shower. My parents are having a small family/close friends party for us at their house.

Dh's dad and step-dad who live in NY are coming down w/ MIL and Step-MIL for the shower. Since Dh doesn't get to see either of them he's opting to have a guys day with them and my Dad and brothers which is fine with me. There are baseball games on all day that day and quite frankly, I would rather have them watching the games instead of whining about missing them.

I am just afraid of what some of the guests may think when all the guys eat and leave to watch the games.

Just wondering what other Dh's have opted to do. Thanks.

Sue
    ME-31/ DH-30
    Furbaby- Lulu 6
    born 5/28/05

3 grueling years of IVF for a beautiful bundle of joy!!!

2. Advertisement

Erin26
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think you should worry about what anyone will think, because I don't think they'll think anything about it. My Dh is going to attend mine as a body guard . His Mother and Sister don't get along at all and they will both be there. So, he's going to stay around in case he needs to settle them down or get them out of there. It's crazy. Anyway.. we will also be having a coed baby shower closer to my due date for our "couple" friends. I have several good male friends that I've known for a long long time and I don't want them to be left out. We'll be having a cook out, so it won't be a traditional shower at all.

Erin
    Age 27, DH 27
    Cycle 6 -IVF BFP!!!! EDD 6/23
    Nathan James
    Born 5/31/05
    6lbs 10oz 19in

casey
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone that thinks its strange if the men just eat and leave to watch baseball doesn't have a husband I can't imagine how my husband would behave if he had to stay and play baby shower games when baseball was an option.

Have fun at your big day!!
    Katy...SAHM to
    Madison Elizabeth 4/29/2003
    Lauren Catherine 4/29/2003
    Ella Renee 5/31/2005

Liv's Mommy
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sue,
    I don't think that it would look bad if your dh ate and then left. With my first shower my dh, BIL, FIL and my dad were there. They didn't really pay any attention to me opening up the presents though.....well dh helped with a few. The guys hung out together mostly though. This time around those same guys will be there, minus my FIL b/c my Mom is just giving me a small shower with my immediate family. I think that if he stays that is fine but if he leaves that would be fine too.
    Jen 36 dh 40
    #1 dd 7/17/02
    My precious little girl!!
    #2 dd 6/10/05
    My other precious little girl!!

ScrappyCat
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I don't think that's a problem...it's not a "couples" shower so he's really not expected to stay. Also, it's given by your family, not his...so I think that's fine.

With ds we had a shower given to us by dh's work...he was expected to be there!!!!

Have fun!

Lisa

Teddybear
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My dh was at the baby shower for our ds, but it was a guy/girl thing. The guys were even good sports about playing the games. It was a new experience for most of them! Of course, there weren't any sports on that day or they all would have been huddling by a tv!

My dh (to be at the time) was at my wedding shower too. My dh, uncle, cousin & a few guy friends stayed in another room watching a game, came in to eat & then left again. Nobody thought it was weird. I agree with casey! If anyone thinks it's weird, they haven't been around many men!

Lori