FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
anyone up for the weekly update?

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    missyk
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

anyone up for the weekly update?

Just so we dont get burned out on updating, you can put anything new here you want to add. Anything new you bought, any new issues, any new worries, any new aches or pains, basically ANYTHING!!
    So I will start....
    Ummmm, not to much to report.. I am 26 weeks and ONE day!! A big milestone for me.. My next milestone is 28 weeks. I still feel like poopy!! lol
    My hands are swelling a little. I had to take off one of my rings. I didnt have this issue with Kaelyn. Anyone else have swelling?
    We still are no further into getting Kaelyn's room ready to move her so we can have her small room for the baby. I keep on dh cause we need to get Kaelyn in her big girl bed before the baby is born. I dont want her to think she is getting thrown out of her room and her surrounding because of the baby.
    I have gained about 22 pounds.. UGGGGG!
    I dont sleep well at all at night. I cant deal with it!!! My chest has been hurting a little on and off and I think my nerves take over. Plus I cant get comfy for NOTHIN!
    My next appt is March 8th and I will do my GTT test then. With my nonstop neausea I am sure I will throughly enjoy drinking the syrup. lol
    The weather here is not to bad. I wish we could get some snow. I LOVE SNOW! I am sure you East coasters are not saying that.
    Well, I think that is it for now. We did come up with a few names we MAY like I will post a seperate thread asking for opinions.
    HAVE A GREAT WEEK ladies!!!
    Missyk
    Mommy to Kaelyn 11/22/2002--My little sweetie!
    My Wild mamma!--Carlee Grace 05/31/05

2. Advertisement

Liv's Mommy
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well lets see......
    Olivia's new big girl bed and Hello Kitty bedding came a few days ago. I am so dreading moving her from her crib to a bed b/c she is such a good sleeper and I don't want to screw that up!! She doesn't do well with change but we need the crib for Ashlee......so we need to do it soon. Like Missy I don't want Liv to feel like we are snatching her crib away for the baby. The crib bedding also came a few days ago. I absolutely love it and can't wait to get started on the nursery.....umm once it is built!! I too am getting ready to go for my glucose test. I will be 26 wks tomorrow and the OB said to go anywhere between 26-29 wks. For some reason this time around I am so scared that I have GD. I am hoping and praying that I don't!!! I just can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going!!! Much faster than when I was pg with Liv!! I think that is about all that is going on right now. At least that is all I can think of at the moment anyway.
    Jen 36 dh 40
    #1 dd 7/17/02
    My precious little girl!!
    #2 dd 6/10/05
    My other precious little girl!!

Rilanator
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    Happy Monday everyone! Nothing new here - I am 24 weeks, 3 days today. Lots of movement from the baby, especially when I am either sitting at my desk or trying to go to sleep at night! I have gained way too much weight (if you ask me - dr. says it's fine). I think I'm just overly sensitive about that because I just lost a bunch of weight before I got pg, and I'm not looking forward to dieting again after this pg!

We are in the same boat as Missy and Liv's mommy as far as the nursery goes. We have to clean out a bedroom to move Ali in to because her room will stay the nursery. DH keeps saying that we have a lot of time to get things done, but I'm starting to stress out. Also, we haven't bought 1 single thing for this baby - not even a onesie or a blanket. I know I will use a lot of hand-me downs from Nathan, but he was born in January so I'm sure I will need to buy some stuff. I'm just not sure what, and won't know until we can start setting up the nursery. Ugh!!

Have a good week!

Jennifer
    Mom to Nathan 01/28/02
    and Ali 07/26/03
    #3 due 06/15/05 - It's a boy!

suzq515
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey ladies,

Nothing new here either. Well actually my glucose results were negative and I got my chocolate back!!!!! That made me very happy. Dh still won't tell me where he hid them just in case he needs to use that spot again. Melissa, it's so sweet that your dad is buying tons of stuff for the baby. I so can't see my Dad doing anything like that. Although I've been told that little Billy will have a few surprises from my dad's 2nd home (Home Depot). Hopefully, the power tools will come after he turns 18.But you never know.

Sue
    ME-31/ DH-30
    Furbaby- Lulu 6
    born 5/28/05

3 grueling years of IVF for a beautiful bundle of joy!!!

Erin26
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ladies,
    Not much going on here (besides the boobs leaking ) I'm over my sinus infection thanks to some antibiotics and I feel so much better. Baby Boy seems to be moving more now I'm off all the Tylenol Cold. I've been thinking a lot about baby stuff lately and have a ton of questions. You may get sick of me posting. We are in process of picking a date for my baby shower - Looks like late April. I'm so excited. I ordered my baby bedding on Sunday and should have it in a week, but my furniture won't be in for another month or so. Well, that's all for now. Take care and have a great week!

MissyK - i've been having trouble with my rings too. I can't wear any of them any more.

Melissa - That is so sweet about your Dad. It made me cry - in a good way. I know if my Dad was alive he would be doing the same thing.

Love,
    Erin
    Age 27, DH 27
    Cycle 6 -IVF BFP!!!! EDD 6/23
    Nathan James
    Born 5/31/05
    6lbs 10oz 19in

homeschoolmom
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry this is late. We have been busy with dh's parents coming for a visit. We all get along very well, so it's been really nice to see them! They only live in AZ, but it's far enough away, we don't see them often!
    I am feeling much better! It just seems to be that I have a down emotional day at least once a week! Today is good though!
    I'm 25w1d and feeling very pg! My belly is getting BIG and my legs are killing me, but it's all worth it! The baby is moving a lot and my mom was even able to feel him kick the other day. She was so excited to feel him for the first time!
    I haven't bought bedding yet, but I have bought some clothes! I haven't had a boy in almost 8 yrs., so it's so fun to be buying boy things again! I need to get a new crib. The one we have is just not going to make it through another baby! Leah was very hard on the crib! It's kinda depressing to have to buy another crib at this point, but I will survive! My ds loves sports, so we are going to do a sports theme for both the boys. I'm still trying to find bedding that will compliment each other.

Missy and Jen, when I was pg with Leah, Hannah was still pretty little. We moved her from her crib to a "big girl" bed when she was 20 mos. I was really afraid she wouldn't like it! We made a REALLY big deal about her being a "big girl" and let her pick out bedding. When we actually moved her, she was SO excited to be in her new bed! Aside from having to teach her to stay in her bed until she called me, she did great! I bet both Kaelyn and Olivia will do great too!

Hope everyone has a good week!
    Michelle

casey
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all!
    I'm 25 weeks 5 days and I've gained 29 lbs!!!!!!!!!!
    I weigh 159 lbs and I know why...t night I crave cake
    when I'm at the store I just walk by it and say not gonna do it...then at 6:30 when I'm going to bath the girls I ask my dh if he'll go get me a piece...nd h does.
    Other than that, no problems. I feel pretty good as long as I get sleep but we're having toddler sleeping issues so it's not every night but it's getting better.
    We did go out and buy a conversion van this weekend. We'll have 3 in carseats so I need something easy to get the kids in and out of...I really like this...it's got a 22" plasma tv/dvd, built in shelving and plenty of room for me to walk around, change diapers,etc. That's the only baby thing I've bought with the exception of two outfits. I guess I need to get on the ball.

What a great image picturing this big man buying baby clothes all the time
    Katy...SAHM to
    Madison Elizabeth 4/29/2003
    Lauren Catherine 4/29/2003
    Ella Renee 5/31/2005

bebe
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will be 26 week tomorrow and have an OB appt. with GTT. I have gained about 28 lbs (up to 156) and my twin girls are moving constantly. My feet and ankles swell up if I stand to much and I have a lot of B&H contractions if I try and do or lift anything so I basically have been trying to do as little as possible. My 31 month old DS is more than enough work.

We bought DS a big boy bed and will move him out of his toddler bed a Easter time when we move his room to make room for the twins. I bought two new cribs for the girls because I want them to match. In addition we have a second home on a lake and I have been decorating that nursery too (also bought two new cribs for there but very inexpensive ones from Babies R Us). We bought the peg perego double stroller and a second car seat, swing etc.

I have been using an Afrin nasal sprayer at night for the past week so I can get some sleep. My nose had been so stuffed I was being sleep deprived. I now do not know how to stop using it and am feeling guilty. In addition everytime I fall asleep so do my hands and I wake up feeling like I have been poked with pins and needles. Peeing is still at a max and my crotch is swollen 3x its normal size with buldging veins. Isn't pregnancy WONDERFUL!!!

bebe
    ME 43 DH 40, 7-02 (Domestic Adoption), 4-05 (DE #1, IVF #5),
    (M/C, Ectopic Pregnancy, Failed Adoption)

little_roo
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not much is happening here. I had asthma attack for the first time during this pregnancy. I decided to shovel the snow but after less then 5 minutes I had to stop. It just proves that I shouldn't be shoveling snow and my poor dh will have to do it all by him still.

I have my first OB appointment today. Everything is right on schedule. I have to go for my 1 hr GTT test next week. Well, that's it for me.
    Kim (dx PCOS) - 31/DH - 34
    06/05 02/07 04/04

Blessedmama24
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I am 23wk2d all is going well except I think I have developed carpal tunnal. I have so far gained 10lbs (-what my full bladder weighted). I have the GTT on the 18th and to be honest I dread it, that stuff can make you so sick. Baby is moving a lot. We have 4 outfits, new crib and bedding so far plus some of ds things we can use again. Glad to hear everyone is moving along .
    test