FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
A personal question...

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    missyk
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

A personal question...

Okay, if this is TMI feel free to not answer!
    I was wondering whether or not you all are doing the bob, getting your groove on, shaking your groove thing. Ya know,, sex........
    We have a couple times but this was before my heart incident. I know that during a normal, low risk pregnancy it is fine and actually a good thing. It is so hard to sometimes feel attractive and attached during preg and it keeps your relationship alive. With me I am so paranoid that I dont want to do it. Before it was cause I was worried about the pg and now it is because of my heart. I mean hey, if my heart can start to race just from sitting down, imagine what it will do during sex! LOL
    My dh is very supportive and does not EVER push me to do it. I love him for that! But do feel bad sometimes.
    So, are you, or arent you doing the DO! he he!
    Missyk
    Mommy to Kaelyn 11/22/2002--My little sweetie!
    My Wild mamma!--Carlee Grace 05/31/05

2. Advertisement

grainne
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    A good thread.

I had been wondering about this. So far, we have been gettin it on (hehe) about twice a week which is less than normal times. For sure, my desire has lessened and it has crossed my mind that I could actually live without it at the moment. I always feel kinda lazy at the start but am always glad that I went with it when its over.
    One very noticable difference (sorry if tmi) but the only kinda sex I desire is the plain old missionary position (the old fashioned way) Anything raunchier than that I dont want. I feel so sensitive down there, that I feel I want to protect it, like its more precious or something, its hard to explain. I have talked to DH and he is so understanding. He is just being there with me in my not knowing.

Grainne
    Me 46, TCC # 1 for 7 years.
    1st DE IVF 10/01/04 BFP,
    1st Beta 10/13/04 278, 2nd Beta 10/15/04 947

amanda28
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    We have not since 16 weeks. I had some bleeding so we stopped and then we found out it was a sensitive cervix. My DH has actually said absolutely not until the baby is born, which surprised me. He said he was so upset when he thought something was wrong due to the bleeding that he doesn't want to do anything to jepordiaze losing our baby.

I on the other hand feel that every once in a while wouldn't hurt. I feel unattached to him right now. We spend a lot of time together, but it's not the same. It's not the "sex" part that I miss, it's the being close part that is really bothering me. But like any mother, I will do whatever is best for my child and make up for it afterwards!!!!

Amanda
    6/10/05
    Eric 5/31/05

Isaac 9/11/07

homeschoolmom
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    We are still having sex, although not as often. I'm just plain tired! I'm also like Grainne, kinda lazy to start, but very glad we did! Sometimes, we don't get any further then touching and kissing, but it's still a very enjoyable, close time! It will be interesting to see what happens when I get bigger. It's always hard to find a position that works and is comfortable for both of us! Sorry for the TMI!

Michelle

Liv's Mommy
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, we still are. Not a whole lot though but probably more than when I was pg with Liv. I was so scared to do it then but feel more comfortable now though with this pregnancy. I agree that it will be interesting to see how it is when I am towards the end and HUGE!!!!
    Jen 36 dh 40
    #1 dd 7/17/02
    My precious little girl!!
    #2 dd 6/10/05
    My other precious little girl!!

suzq515
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My poor Dh. We have only had sex twice in 6 months. He is so sweet though. He doesn't whine about it the way I would be. I am just so tired. I am in bed and asleep by 9:30 and although I want to I just don't have the energy.

Sue
    ME-31/ DH-30
    Furbaby- Lulu 6
    born 5/28/05

3 grueling years of IVF for a beautiful bundle of joy!!!

Erin26
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're still doing it, but a lot less than usual and than we did early in the pregnancy. I'm like some of you other gals lately.. kind of lazy or tired, then glad we did when we're done. I'm not scared at all and never have been. I've been lucky not to have any bleeding or anything else to concern me. I remember reading in my first trimester the the second was supposed to be the best sex because a lot of the early fears are gone. For me that is not the case. I'm too big and too tired. I'm glad it's not only me.

Erin
    Age 27, DH 27
    Cycle 6 -IVF BFP!!!! EDD 6/23
    Nathan James
    Born 5/31/05
    6lbs 10oz 19in

Blessedmama24
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    We are same activity level as before pg, we are daily kinda ppl . I do feel more selfconscious of my body with this pg than my previous pg.
    test

bebe
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm with the majority on this issue. Lazy to start but glad we did it. I think the gladness is more because my DH is happy than that I really enjoyed it. I am looking forward to post prego SEX. I miss the worry free love making and closeness.

bebe
    ME 43 DH 40, 7-02 (Domestic Adoption), 4-05 (DE #1, IVF #5),
    (M/C, Ectopic Pregnancy, Failed Adoption)

Teddybear
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly, I could go without & not really miss it. I try to put forth the effort for his sake. My dh had his tonsils removed on Monday, so I'm "off the hook" for the next 3 wks at least. It's been nice to be able to cuddle for the past few days & not have to worry about whether I can get enough energy for other activities!

I am looking forward to after the baby is born also. It'll be nice to be back to "normal" & not have to schedule around medicines & cycles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast