FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Anyone else have . . .

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    suzq515
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Anyone else have . . .

really swollen legs and feet??? Just wondering what you're doing about it.

I wish I could have taken a before and after picture of my legs!!! They are so swollen I can barely stand and that's all I do all day. It's really hard to teach 2nd grade from a chair. I went to my mom's after school today just to make sure I wasn't out of my mind and imagining things. She freaked when she say me. She even made me call the nurse in front of her and take my blood pressure too.

My Dr. is out today and not back until tomorrow afternoon. The nurse is going to squeeze me in tomorrow anyway just to be on the safe side.

Thanks for the input.

Sue
    ME-31/ DH-30
    Furbaby- Lulu 6
    born 5/28/05

3 grueling years of IVF for a beautiful bundle of joy!!!

2. Advertisement

Erin26
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have that problem with my legs, but I have it in my arms and hands. I Know my step sister has a lot of trouble with it in her legs when she is pregnant. She wears some kind of stockings. I hope you are ok and the Dr can give you some help. Keep us posted!

Good Luck,
    Erin
    Age 27, DH 27
    Cycle 6 -IVF BFP!!!! EDD 6/23
    Nathan James
    Born 5/31/05
    6lbs 10oz 19in

Liv's Mommy
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thankfully, I don't have this too much yet. My fingers get a little swollen every now and then but that is about it. With Olivia my feet and ankles got really swollen! I am hoping to avoid that this time around. Gosh, I am not sure what you can do. I know they recommend to keep your feet up as much as possible but I can see where that would be a problem for you. I would however have a little stool or something under your desk that you can put your feet on when you do get a chance to sit down.
    I think that the stockings that Erin is refering to are TED stockings. Maybe you could ask your dr. about them.
    Jen 36 dh 40
    #1 dd 7/17/02
    My precious little girl!!
    #2 dd 6/10/05
    My other precious little girl!!

ScrappyCat
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I don't have this problem and hopefully won't! I didn't with ds...so...we'll see...

But...I was at OB's today and she asked if I was experiencing any swelling...so I guess it must be common ailment at this point.

Hope it gets better

Lisa

little_roo
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've noticed my shoes for work have been getting tighter.but I thought it was just me but it's nice to know I'm not the only. I will run into problems soon if I can't find a pair of safety shoes that will get me through this pg. I work in an office on the shop floor so I'm required to wear certian types of shoes. I hope they don't get too big.
    Kim (dx PCOS) - 31/DH - 34
    06/05 02/07 04/04

katywall
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you feeling any better, Sue?
    Sorry to hear about the swelling; it is always a shock to look at your our feet/ankles/legs and not quite recognize them.
    Your BP being normal is a good sign; the OB may check for protein in your urine too and if all that is normal, it probably is just from a normal pregnancy bearing down on you vein.
    Let us know how you are doing.
    good luck,
    Katy
    Katy
    dh 34

EDD 6/20/04