FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Vitamins and iron Supplement?

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    grainne
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Vitamins and iron Supplement?

During my IVF, I was told to take prenatal vitamins. I took them up until my first prenatal visit where my doctor told me to stop them as they would contribute to my nausea and constipation. She said I would need them later and an iron supplement. I was sure at my last visit last week, she will tell me to start them again and also to start iron. She said I didnt need to start iron til the third trimestre and that I didnt need vitamins at all. Dh says he thinks that is rubbish as everyone needs vitamins. I actually have been taking Floradix (liquid iron and vitamins) and the doctor said that I would not be absorbing much of the iron so it was a waste. I am continuing taking it as I know its probably the best out there as far as vitamins go. And besides I feel fantastic.
    I am just wondering what, if anything, you guys are taking?

Love Grainne
    Me 46, TCC # 1 for 7 years.
    1st DE IVF 10/01/04 BFP,
    1st Beta 10/13/04 278, 2nd Beta 10/15/04 947

2. Advertisement

ScrappyCat
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I quit taking my vitamins too...I'm supposed to take iron and haven't yet I know, I know...I should...dr. advised me to...I just can't bring myself to do it...had to take the liquid form as a kid and those bad memories keep coming up...tasted like mud etc....

I know you don't absorb as much iron if you take it with certain foods or right after a meal...and orange juice helps the absorpstion of it...

Hope that helps...

Lisa

missyk
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I started taking prenatels subscribed by my doctor about 3 months before we did our IUI. And I did take them for a while into my pregnancy but they make me feel HORRIBLE and I was so sick anyway, I just havent been able to take them. I am going to talk to my doctor at my next appt. I did hear that you can take flinstone vitamins and I will ask her about them. I think I could stomach them much better!
    Missyk
    Mommy to Kaelyn 11/22/2002--My little sweetie!
    My Wild mamma!--Carlee Grace 05/31/05