FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
I'm glad this week is over

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    casey
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad this week is over

First I want to thank everyone for replying to my spotting scare...I saw the OB Monday and everything was fine but I was told to stay off my feet as much as possible.
    Tuesday morning Lauren hit her head on our coffee table. I didn't think much of it as we have bumps often but 10 minutes later while changing her diaper she threw up...then again...so I called the ped and off we went. Well, she threw up another 4 or 5 times on the way there. The ped ordered a CT scan and we were told she had a SKULL FRACTURE. I had to go to the hospital where they made us wait 5 hours to be transferred to Childrens Hospital....ICU! We spent the night there (dh went home to be with Madison)...the next morning a team of neurosurgeons told me the CT scan had been misread and she had no fracture. She had thrown up over 30 times and they said that was due to either the head trauma causing pain resulting in nausea or a virus! What a relief...I will never forget the terror of this week. She's still been sick all week but it's due to lack of fluids (IV in the hospital but once we got home I can't keep much in her)...anyway this evening she was finally off my lap and smiling a little. It's amazing to see her and her sister together now. They have been hugging and holding hands nonstop...they totally missed each other.
    Needless to say I've not been able to follow my OBs orders but I've had no spotting since and baby is moving like crazy.

I'm one of those people that has been almost ashamed to post my problems or anything at all due to the grief the Judy and Michelle have been through. I just feel like I'm being so thoughtless...but I do pray for them. I don't know what else to do. I'm glad Kathy brought this up.
    Katy...SAHM to
    Madison Elizabeth 4/29/2003
    Lauren Catherine 4/29/2003
    Ella Renee 5/31/2005

2. Advertisement

kathyd
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Katy,

Oh my goodness!! What a week you've had!! I'd be glad the week was over too! From a skull fracture to a virus???? It amazes me that doctors can make mistakes like that!!!! Gracie falls down all the time!!! To even think that a bump could be a skull fracture is frightening. I'm so sorry that you had to go through that.....having your precious baby in the hospital is terrible! While I'm not glad she wa sick....I glad she was JUST sick. Poor little bugger! It must be so cool having twins. Have they ever been apart like that? It must be really amazing the see the bond that they have....I bet there's nothing like it!

I'm glad your spotting went away! My cervix gets irritated from nookie. Sometimes after I see a little tinge of blood and I freak...but I know what it is, so I try to relax.

Take care of yourself and your sweet little girls! Never feel ashamed to post anything here. We all want to know what is going on with you .......ALWAYS!!

HUGS!

Kath
    me 36 DH 33
    m/c 12-7-01
    m/c 3-22-02
    DD Grace 5/9/03
    m/c 3-22-04 :angel
    DS Ryan 5/12/05

suzq515
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holy Cow!! I am so glad that everything turned out okay. What a scary event, I am so sorry you had to go through that. Hopefully this week will be less eventful.

Sue
    ME-31/ DH-30
    Furbaby- Lulu 6
    born 5/28/05

3 grueling years of IVF for a beautiful bundle of joy!!!

homeschoolmom
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh boy Katy, that was an awful week! I'm so glad Lauren is okay and feeling better now! The poor thing! Madison must be very happy to have her sister back!
    I'm glad to hear your spotting was a once deal and you are doing better! I hope you can try and rest more this week. Although, I know how hard that is with little ones around!
    Please feel free to post whatever you need to! That why we are all here! We all need that love and support!

Take care of yourself and your precious girls!
    Michelle

Erin26
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Katy,
    What a week!!!! I can't imagine! I'm so glad everything worked out ok, but what a scare. Hopefully things will slow down this week so you can get some rest. Thanks for posting - I'm glad to know you're doing better.

Take Care,
    Erin
    Age 27, DH 27
    Cycle 6 -IVF BFP!!!! EDD 6/23
    Nathan James
    Born 5/31/05
    6lbs 10oz 19in

missyk
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    YIII KEES! that is a bad week. I am glad that things are looking better. How scarey! I have had a trying week as well. I know it can wear on you big time!
    Missyk
    Mommy to Kaelyn 11/22/2002--My little sweetie!
    My Wild mamma!--Carlee Grace 05/31/05

hope4jo
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is a bad week. You should always post when you need to. No one is comparing problems. I have found I really get the support I need when I do. Sometimes you just need the support.

Jo