FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
YIKES... scarey episode yesterday

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    missyk
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

YIKES... scarey episode yesterday

Hey girls... Yesterday I had something very scarey happen.. I work only two days a week, some weeks just one.. Just a partime job on the weekends. Yesterday I went to work and was only there fourty five minutes. I was talking to someone and my heart started racing. I mean REALLY fast.. I have had little flops in my chest before. But this was different. THis was a severe palpitation. I could not get it to stop. The girl I was talking to said asked if I was okay. She said I didnt look good. I told her my heart was racing and she put her hand on my chest and said, OH MY! SO next thing I know the room turned white and I passed out. THe sat me on a chair and the ambulance came and by this time the heart rate had slowed down and my blood pressure was normal. I already have an appt with the cardiologist on the 26th and with it not doing it at the time there is not much they can do. I went home for the day.. I am supposed to work today but I am so afraid it will do it again that I am staying home. Besides dh wont let me go to work after that. lol
    It scared me to death!!!!! I mean it contined on for at least 4-5 minutes. The emt said that my heart rate had to be up near 200 beats per minute for me to pass out. I am freaking out thinking it will happen again. I know that worrying about it could possibly make it happen, but it just scared the crap out of me..
    How many of you have had palpitations and how long do they last?
    Missyk
    Mommy to Kaelyn 11/22/2002--My little sweetie!
    My Wild mamma!--Carlee Grace 05/31/05

2. Advertisement

suzq515
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my goodness!!!! I have never heard of that before. How are you feeling now (besides scared out of your wits!!!) Please keep us posted and let us know how you're doing and what the Dr. says. Personally I wouldn't go to work. Stay well.

Sue
    ME-31/ DH-30
    Furbaby- Lulu 6
    born 5/28/05

3 grueling years of IVF for a beautiful bundle of joy!!!

little_roo
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know exactly how you feel. Jan 5th I went through a simialr experience as you just did but I didn't pass out. I took a nap that night and when I woke up my heart was racing, my left arm and shoulder were in pain, there was pain in my jaw and I thought my heart was going to jump out of my body. I waited a bit to see if it would go away but it didn't so my dh took me to the hospital (we live 5 miuntes away from it). The drs called what I had an arithyma. Their main concern was the pain in my left arm, shoulder and my jaw since they are all symptoms of a heart attack. I didn't have a heart attack and I didn't have any damage to my heart. It took 5 hours from my heartrate and blood pressure to go back to normal but it did without any drug and the baby was not affect by this. I had a prenatal appointment the next day so I discuss the events of the night before with my dr and I'm being watched a little bit closer now to make sure it doesn't happen again. This would be the scary event in my life.

I'm sorry you went though such a scary event and I hope the cardiologist gives some insight as to why it happen and I hope you don't have to go through it again.
    Kim (dx PCOS) - 31/DH - 34
    06/05 02/07 04/04

grainne
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my gosh, how scary for you. I do feel my heart racing sometimes and I have an an occcasional sharp pain in my chest. I know your heart has to work harder when you are pregnant as it is dealing with an extra load. I do hope you are OK and I would suggest that you get as much rest as possible.

Grainne
    Me 46, TCC # 1 for 7 years.
    1st DE IVF 10/01/04 BFP,
    1st Beta 10/13/04 278, 2nd Beta 10/15/04 947

kathyd
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    YIKES IS RIGHT!!

Oh my goodness....that is sooooo scary! You definitely need to see a cradiologist right away!! I have heard of things like that happening in pregnancy. There are all sorts of pregnancy induced things that can happen.

I just hope and pray that you have at least one uneventful month in your pregnancy!

I'm glad you stayed home!!

Please take care of yourself!

Hugs!

Kath
    me 36 DH 33
    m/c 12-7-01
    m/c 3-22-02
    DD Grace 5/9/03
    m/c 3-22-04 :angel
    DS Ryan 5/12/05

hope4jo
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My sister had palpitations when she was pregnant. She had to wear a holter monitor. It turned out to be nothing major. She would skip a beat sometime or something with her heart rythym. She didn't need medication or anything.
    Try not to worry and take care
    Jo

Erin26
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been having palpitations since about 13 weeks. I wore a Holter Moniter for 24hrs a few weeks ago and they found seveal irregularities. My palpitions are almost constant. Somtimes its fluttering when my heart skips a beat (most often) and sometimes it races. It seems like I'll get skip several beats and then it will start to race. Some days it's better than others. I've been feeling pretty bad for the past five days or so. I've been under a lot of stress. I had to go to court on Friday and testify. It seems like stress makes it 10 times worse. The doctor told me if it gets going good to go lay down and rest. I'm supposed to call ASAP if I have any pain, lightheadness that makes it hard to stand or severe shortness of breath. Also, if I have any mild symptoms that last for more than 30 min while lying down. My doctor told me there is a medication that is pregnancy safe if I get worse. Your attack seems pretty serious. I would call and see if I could get in to see someone sooner. Let us know how you're doing.

Take care,
    Erin
    Age 27, DH 27
    Cycle 6 -IVF BFP!!!! EDD 6/23
    Nathan James
    Born 5/31/05
    6lbs 10oz 19in

Teddybear
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My sister & I both had that happen with our boys. My sister much worse than me. She was actually placed on a baby-safe medication throughout her pg. I did a holter monitor, but of course that day my heart behaved. I would only have the racing from time to time. Those days I just had to rest a lot. Both of us had perfectly healthy babies & the racing stopped after they were born. At least until they started walking, getting into things & scaring us to death!!

Good luck to you!

Lori

ds - Logan, age 3
    #2 - edd 7/4/05