FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
I must be crazy

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    A_A_AMom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

I must be crazy

If not, I will be by the end of the month. I have decided the boys and I are going to do a multi-food elimination diet. If your not familiar with the concept, basically the idea is to eliminate foods that have a likelihood of sensitivities or allergies for a period of time, watch for results and then reintroduce them one at a time. People do it for a myriad of reasons from irritable bowel to fatigue to stuffy nose to behavioral problems. My motivation is Aaron's long-standing migraines and allergies and Adam's behavior. Truth be told, I don't know if I even believe all the hippy-dippy stuff that goes along with it. But, I decided, it won't kill us and who knows. Well....it may kill me, and I may kill them without my caffeine.

So, for the next 1-2 weeks we will not be eating wheat, milk, eggs, soy, corn, citrus, food colorings, food addivies and preservatives, sugar, chocolate, peas, or nuts. I might be missing something, this is off the top of my head. It will be interesting to say the least. I have a pretty good game plan going for lunch and dinner but I am still struggling with breakfast.

Anyone know a butter substitute that doesn't contain any of the above foods??? Off to make some homemade ketchup with honey.
    Kendra (31), DH (36)

Addison (1 yr old!)
    Adam (6)
    Aaron (13)
    Ashley (16)

2. Advertisement

JandBC
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Um, what will you eat?? I wouldn't even know where to begin!
    Me: 34 / DH: 33 - TTC #1 for 4 LONG years-Clomid, multiple IUI's, 1 BFN IVF w/ NO natural fertilization
    IVF #2: BFP!: OUR MIRACLE BABY GIRL Bella Sofia - 18 MONTHS! http://bellasofiac.blogspot.com/

Currently TTC #2...FET #1: BFN , IVF #3: Feb. 09! Back on the ART wagon...GULP!

med
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    are you quittig caffine cold turkey? For me, that would be a guarantee headache for ar least two days...when I was TTC I switched to half decaf half reg and slowly eliminated the regular so I could wean myslef off the stuff...GL(sounds horrible...)

hehe, isn't there a blood test for food allergies?

I know alot of health food stores/section have wheat free/glutten free options, frozen meals too...maybe that can get you through the 2 weeks?
    ME(34) DH(45)
    MoM to b/b twins born 8.10.07
    TTC: 4+ yrs (ED,LPD, LAP(FIBROID)6/05,HSG 7/06="UNDX IF")IUI#1-#6 all BFN
    IVF#1:BFP
    FET #1 BFN...I have had it with IF TX!

A_A_AMom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by med
    are you quittig caffine cold turkey? For me, that would be a guarantee headache for ar least two days...when I was TTC I switched to half decaf half reg and slowly eliminated the regular so I could wean myslef off the stuff...GL(sounds horrible...)
    I know I will have a couple nasty days. The last time I completely quit caffeine (that I remember) was in high school during cross country. It sucked. Pretty sure I drink more now. But, for various reasons the timing is better right now so tomorrow is the big start day.
    Kendra (31), DH (36)

Addison (1 yr old!)
    Adam (6)
    Aaron (13)
    Ashley (16)

A_A_AMom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JandBC
    Um, what will you eat?? I wouldn't even know where to begin!
    Well, for example

Tomorrow for dinner we are trying some rice pasta with spagetti sauce (no sugar added) and ground beef. Green beans and possibly another veggie to go with.

Thursday is steak, baked potato (with salsa as I haven't found a replacement for butter), and brocoli

I am going to try to make some apple muffins for breakfast with alternative flour, apple juice, and applesauce. I have some rice puff cereal that might be edible with the rice milk if I put a bunch of strawberries or bananas in it.

Lunches will mostly be things like cooked chicken, fruits and veggies. There are some rice flour breads and mixes but they are rather $$. If I can find a decent mayonnaise recipe that is free of everything I want I may try a sandwich. Adam loves tuna with mayo, just eaten with a fork (no crackers/bread, etc) so if I figure out the mayo thing I will go back to the store to find some tuna that doesn't have soy in it (harder than you think.)
    Kendra (31), DH (36)

Addison (1 yr old!)
    Adam (6)
    Aaron (13)
    Ashley (16)

A_A_AMom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will have to report in with our daily food. Hopefully there won't be too much cardboard on the menu.
    Kendra (31), DH (36)

Addison (1 yr old!)
    Adam (6)
    Aaron (13)
    Ashley (16)

A_A_AMom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bopsvw
    Hmmmm....ok....that actually just sounds like a healthy, whole foods, low carb thing.
    Don't get me wrong, if I had to totally go no-carbs I would go nuts. I forgot my other breakfast option I am going to make is hasbrowns (cooked in olive or sawfflower oil.) My eldest is going to be the challenge. If it isn't processed, dyed, and refined forget it.
    Kendra (31), DH (36)

Addison (1 yr old!)
    Adam (6)
    Aaron (13)
    Ashley (16)

Pecan
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, Kendra, GL with it. I would go absolutely bonkers (not to mention hungry) if I tried to eliminate all of that stuff.

Definitely try Whole Foods Market,
    Pecan

AZJenn
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good Luck! The two meals you have planned sound good so far!
    DD Brooke 4
    DS Noah 1 year old!

A_A_AMom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pecan
    Definitely try Whole Foods Market,
    Pecan
    Unfortunatley, I would about need a plane to get to one. We do have a couple health food stores, but as you may know they are even $$ than Whole Foods. I have found what I need for the most part, though.
    Kendra (31), DH (36)

Addison (1 yr old!)
    Adam (6)
    Aaron (13)
    Ashley (16)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast