FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
2 Year Old Stats

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    DMS721
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired

2 Year Old Stats

I figured we could all update our LOs stats, as they already have or are just about to turn 2. Where have these two years gone???

Today at Patrick's check up he was 35 inches tall (63rd percentile) and 29 lbs 4oz (66th percentile). When he was born he was 6lbs 4 oz (13th percentile) and 18 inches long (5th percentile), so he has done a lot of growing these past two years!!!

We are working once again on getting him into his toddler bed. He does fine at naptime, but bedtime is a different story. He thinks it is fun to get up and play in the middle of the night. lol He also started his speech therapy classes this week. We'll see how that goes.

Dawn

2. Advertisement

Ashlee5455
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Great stats Patrick! Has his speech gotten any better Dawn? Maybe he is just a late bloomer so to speak. I was worried about Kaden a little bit (especially being a first time mom and not knowing what to expect) but these past 2 or so weeks his speech has taken off and he's a lot clearer and putting more words together.

ETA: we still haven't done the toddler bed yet. Going to wait a while since he doesn't try climbing out or anything
    11 wks, 2005 5 wks, 2006

2 years old

DMS721
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    He has been making progress with his speech, little by little. His speech therapist said that while he is behind, he isn't as far behind as I may think. We have 8 more sessions, and he thinks it is all fun and games, so it's been going well. She said the younger they are when they start, the faster they catch up. He has lost one of his ear tubes already, so depending on how he does, we may need to get another put in. Him not being able to hear us, was what started the whole problem....

We have found a solution to the toddler bed. We used to have a safety yard in our living room where we kept Patrick and his toys. Now we took it out again and put it around his bed. He can get in and out of his bed, and even walk around his bed, but he can't go running around his room, or into our room. As a result, he gets bored and just stays in his bed and goes to sleep. lol Once he gets the hang of this, then we will try without the play yard around his bed. For now, he doesn't seem to mind it at all though. He really likes his bed, so he enjoys sleeping in it.

Dawn

zaworas
    Is so happy to be a mom of 3 beautiful children now!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    In Love
    My twins turned two!!! Stats will be in a couple weeks at appt.
    Casey

Ashlee5455
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Today is Kaden's 2nd birthday! His appointment isn't til Aug 2nd though

Ashlee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11 wks, 2005 5 wks, 2006

2 years old

DMS721
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    I hope he had a fun birthday Ashlee!

Dawn

Ashlee5455
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by BC-DMS721 View Post
    I hope he had a fun birthday Ashlee!

Dawn
    Thanks. He did. We just had a small family gathering, just grandparents, some great-grandparents, and one of Kaden's aunts. He got lots of fun new things

Ashlee

11 wks, 2005 5 wks, 2006

2 years old

DMS721
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    I saw some of the pics on FB. How is he doing with the tricycle? I want to get Patrick one, but not sure he is ready for it. At this point, it will most likely end up being a Christmas gift. lol

Dawn

Ashlee5455
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by BC-DMS721 View Post
    I saw some of the pics on FB. How is he doing with the tricycle? I want to get Patrick one, but not sure he is ready for it. At this point, it will most likely end up being a Christmas gift. lol

Dawn
    Still not getting the hang of it but he pedals with his feet he loves it though

Ashlee

11 wks, 2005 5 wks, 2006

2 years old

zaworas
    Is so happy to be a mom of 3 beautiful children now!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    In Love
    Hey everyone! Gatlin and Owen had 2 year check up and it went well. Boys were 28 lbs and 36" tall!!! Tall and skinny! Haha gatlins sugars have stayed under control using diet. Owens constipation is a chronic issue we are trying to deal with. Poor carnivore wants meat but everytime I give it he gets plugged. So mostly veggies and fruit for him which he hates and begs for chicken nuggets. :-(. I make him veggie ones now.
    Just took them to pediatric plastic surgeon for consult on birth defects on top of both their heads. General anesthetic needed back to back surgery to incise area and close it up so scar will be smaller than they are now. Waiting for prep auth from priority health to see what they pay for. Then will decide when to do it. Right now running without a dishwasher and hubbys transmission just went out on his work van. So we will see how long we have to wait.
    Anywhas boys are doing good. Potty training is going ok. Constipation issue is reaming havoc on my progress for Owen.
    Casey