FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
January 2010!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    zaworas
    Is so happy to be a mom of 3 beautiful children now!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    In Love

January 2010!

Hello Ladies!
    A new year has begun, and our babies will be going on 6-7 months old.
    Any thoughts, concerns, questions, stories please share.

Casey

2. Advertisement

DMS721
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    We are working on transitioning Patrick to his crib in his own room. It isn't going so well. He is one stubborn little guy!!!! My husband is great at getting him to fall asleep. The problem is once we lay him down, then he tends to wake himself up in an hour or so.

He goes on Friday for his 6 month pictures and then the following week for his 6 month dr visit and shots. He has made his way through the stage 1 veggies and now is working on fruits. We switched him over to his convertible car seat this week. He seems to love it. He has plenty of room and isn't so squished like he was in his infant seat. As a result we are getting less fussing when we are in the car. I'm expecting him to get a tooth any time now. He is constantly chewing on his fingers, and anything else he can shove in his mouth. I am starting my final week of my winter break. I've loved being home with him these past three weeks. I'm dreading having to go back to work in a week.

Dawn

B
    is trying to keep on keeping on...
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    Hey all! Just saying hi. Hope everyone had a great New Year!!!
    B
    1/06 Our 35w FET Miracle
    5/09 Doubly Blessed 31w5d FET bundles of joy

Thank you God. You've made our dreams come true.

Ashlee5455
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Is everyone getting flu shots for their LO's when they turn 6 months? I haven't decided yet. He already gets so many..I'm hesitant to add anything. But, I do know the flu is serious business for babies.

Dawn, we're having sleeping issues too..for almost 2 months now he hasn't slept good. I'm tired. & there was no crib transitioning involved. I hope Patrick gets used to his room soon so you guys can get some sleep. Kaden has been chewing on things for a long time now and I keep expecting to see a tooth pop up but so far nothing. We will start veggies here in a couple weeks. I just went and bought a whole bunch of 1st foods.. I admit I am excited. How much do you give them? and you feed them their milk first right? I need to read up on it more. I'm guessing they'll go over it at his 6 month appointment.
    11 wks, 2005 5 wks, 2006

2 years old

DMS721
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    Ashlee - Patrick goes for his 6 month check-up next week, and I think I will do the flu shot, since he goes to daycare. As for food, I tend to feed Patrick about 2 hours after he has a bottle (around dinner time) and then his last bottle for the night is about 2 hours later. I feed him the whole container, but sometimes he doesn't eat all of it. I think the first week I just gave him half, but he always seemed to want more, so I gave him the whole thing. We did veggies first and are now starting fruits. I also tend to give him a bit of cereal if he eats all of his veggie/fruit and still appears to want more.

afm - I let Patrick CIO last night, and he had a great night of sleep. The 25 minutes he spent crying were heart breaking, but in the end well worth it.

Dawn

B
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    My girls got flu shots at their 6 month well-check and then they got H1N1 a month later with their Synagis shot. Their 2nd H1N1 will be at the next Synagis appt this month. They also gave my MIL and me the H1N1 while we were there!!! The 6mo appt was a rough one w/so many shots, but I feel strongly about protecting them in any way possible. Their brother goes to preschool and we work with the public, so it wasn't an option for us.

As far as sleeping, we've been really, really lucky. They go down @ 7:30 every night w/out incident and Charley (our smaller one) wakes between 5 and 6 for a bottle and goes back down till 7 or so and Sammi sleeps till about 7. Their naps during the day are still not perfect, but we're getting there.
    B
    1/06 Our 35w FET Miracle

DMS721
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    Brandi - so they did the H1N1 shots separate from the regular flu shot? Both DH and I got the H1N1 shots, but have not gotten the regular flu shot (as we weren't able to find them). The H1N1 has been pretty prevalant here. I've already had 5 students in my class with it, not to mention other students, teachers, and aides that have had it. So if given a choice, I think I would try to get that one for Patrick first.

Dawn

B
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by DMS721 View Post
    Brandi - so they did the H1N1 shots separate from the regular flu shot? Both DH and I got the H1N1 shots, but have not gotten the regular flu shot (as we weren't able to find them). The H1N1 has been pretty prevalant here. I've already had 5 students in my class with it, not to mention other students, teachers, and aides that have had it. So if given a choice, I think I would try to get that one for Patrick first.

Dawn
    I totally agree! Their pediatrician didn't recommend H1N1 with the other shots during their well-visit b/c they had so many at the same time. So she recommended flu first with H1N1 a week later. I guess she thought if it's that close, it didn't matter which was first. How scary about your students. Be safe.
    B
    1/06 Our 35w FET Miracle

zaworas
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    In Love
    Hello girls!
    Gatlin and Owen are now 6 months old. Gatlin is crawling and pulling himself everywhere. Owen still is not rolling over however he sits up nicely. Different babies completely. We go to the 6 month appt. on Jan 21st. Have not swithed car seats yet, but have a feeling we are going to have to after this doc appointment. What convertable set do you girls reccommend?? They are in graco infant seats now. They are eating all #1 foods, except peas. They both hate peas and gag on them.
    I dont know when i am supposed to go to #2 foods.. i think when they both can crawl??
    We are using sippy cups and trying to teach them, so far so good one handed. Now we just have to get the other hand on it.lol
    I will post pictures later.
    Casey

zaworas
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    In Love
    Brandi you girls are so cute in the christmas picture!!!
    Casey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast