FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Happy Halloween All!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    B
    is trying to keep on keeping on...
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy

Happy Halloween All!

Hope you enjoy your 1st Halloween w/your new little one(s)! What is everyone doing? We are taking Timothy, aka, Darth Vader to a party and then trick or treating w/his friends. The girls will stay home w/Grandma and hand out candy. I'm still too paranoid to expose them to a bunch of elements esp w/flu season starting. They get their first RSV shot Monday...

Boo to everyone! Have a great night and post pics if you can!!!
    B
    1/06 Our 35w FET Miracle
    5/09 Doubly Blessed 31w5d FET bundles of joy

Thank you God. You've made our dreams come true.

2. Advertisement

Ashlee5455
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Happy Halloween to you too Brandi! We're taking Kaden to Sears at 3 to get his 3 month pictures taken I hope he behaves! Hes been overly tired today and won't nap so this should be interesting lol. I know what you mean about being scared to expose them to things. I want to get Kaden baptised soon but afraid to take him to church where everyone will want to hold him. I did get the H1N1 shot and the seasonal flu shot yesterday..after much deliberation. I'm still scared about it especially since I'm breastfeeding, but they assured me it was ok.
    11 wks, 2005 5 wks, 2006

2 years old

DMS721
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    I'm taking my Pooh Bear out trick or treating with his cousins. We'll just go to a house or two.

Ashlee - did you get both shots at the same time??? I'm for sure going to get the flu shot, and strongly considering the H1N1 shot. I would love to get both at once if possible, but didn't know if it was safe to do so. Did you have any side effects??? I'm exposed to so many germs from my students, and I fear passing those germs to Patrick. He has to go to daycare, so he is getting a ton of germs there too. I really wish he could get the shots, but he can't until January when he is 6 months. As long as flu season is still under way then, I will go ahead and get him the shots then.

Dawn

Ashlee5455
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Dawn,
    Yes I got both at the same time. I thought you had to wait 30 days inbetween but the nurse said no, only if you're getting the flumist (the live vaccine). The only side effects I had were a couple hours after the shot I felt hot off & on, and a little bit of soreness in my arms..and then this morning I woke up and my arms were very achy and my legs were slightly too. I also had a little bit of a headache. Seem to be a little bit more tired than normal too. The achyness went away by late afternoon.

I went back and forth over whether or not to get the shots..I've never got a flu shot in my life. At first I told DH we were going to get the flu shots, for sure. Then of course you hear all the negatives and this and that..and then I was totally against and not going to. I spent a lot of time online researching it and reading different articles and decided just to go for it. I'm really quite scared about flu season. Also, you mentioned about if flu season is still underway in January about getting the shots for Patrick. At Kaden's 2 month appointment the pediatrician told me that when he turns 6 months (January also) that we'd discuss the flu shot and that flu season is still at that time. I think I've read a couple places that it actually peaks in January and February.
    11 wks, 2005 5 wks, 2006

2 years old

DMS721
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thanks for the info Ashlee. I'll be sure to follow up with my dr this week about getting the shots. If he only wants to give 1 at a time, I think I will do the H1N1 first as that seems to be the strain going around right now. Like you, I've never gotten a flu shot in my life. I also haven't gotten the flu before either. I never realy worried about it until this year with Patrick.

Dawn

Ashlee5455
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow
    some pictures from yesterday
    11 wks, 2005 5 wks, 2006

2 years old

fetch
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like