FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Spin off, sort of...naps?

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    B
    is trying to keep on keeping on...
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy

Spin off, sort of...naps?

How much/when are your LO's napping during the day?

We're struggling here. The nanny gets them to rest on the week days and I have no luck on weekends. I wonder if the activity in the house keeps them up???
    B
    1/06 Our 35w FET Miracle
    5/09 Doubly Blessed 31w5d FET bundles of joy

Thank you God. You've made our dreams come true.

2. Advertisement

Ashlee5455
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow
    He doesn't really have set times, but he does usually go down for a nap after he wakes up to eat around 8..other than that, it depends on the day & how tired he is. Even though from the start I've tried to not limit noise during naps, he still seems sensitive to noises, more so now than before. I do think we wake him up accidently a lot of the time.
    11 wks, 2005 5 wks, 2006

2 years old

DMS721
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    At day care Patrick tends to sleep all morning, is awake all afternoon (when all the other kids are napping lol), and then takes a short nap after I pick him up (around 4-5ish), and then goes to bed around 9.

However, on the weekend, Patrick has his own schedule that tends to vary from day to day. Yesterday he didn't take a nap at all, but then went to bed at 6:30. lol He is taking a nap this morning, so who knows what the rest of the day will bring.

We have not limited noise at all when he is sleeping. At daycare he sleeps in a room full of kids playing, and at home he naps in the living room with the TV, washer, dryer, etc on, so he obviously isn't bothered too much by noise.

Dawn

Sweetypye
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Amused
    this is my difficulty, Zackary has 5-15 min at naps but he doesn't sleep for any length at all! I have not worked on this only cuz he has been sleeping through the night . Now we are struggling through putting Zack to bed with out snuggling him to sleep first, he only cried for 5 minutes so not to bad!
    IVF/ICSI #1 & 2 BFN #3 BFP, 3wks of joy FET BFP u/s 11/18
    YaYa "Majesty Goddess of supporter’s to people w/special needs who enjoys romance & suspense novels & geocaching whom will IF from Ontario"~Faith~

Ashlee5455
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetypye View Post
    Now we are struggling through putting Zack to bed with out snuggling him to sleep first, he only cried for 5 minutes so not to bad!

I'm torn with what to do about this... i breastfeed kaden, and then rock him and pat his back and he falls asleep..then i lay him down. my mom keeps asking when we're going to start laying him in his crib awake. He falls alseep when hes nursing, so I feel like I shouldn't wake him up just to put him in his crib..that seems pointless, however I do feel like he needs to learn to fall asleep without being rocked. I don't think i could listen to him CIO, I don't know what to do.
    11 wks, 2005 5 wks, 2006

2 years old

DMS721
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetypye View Post
    Now we are struggling through putting Zack to bed with out snuggling him to sleep first, he only cried for 5 minutes so not to bad!
    We are here too. He tends to fall asleep during his last bottle. But some nights he doesn't. Some nights he is drowsy and I put him down and he goes right to sleep. Other nights, like tonight, he has wiggled around for the past 40 minutes and he is still wide awake! At least he isn't crying (yet!!!) lol

Dawn

Sweetypye
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Amused
    Zack is BF to he falls asleep when nursing but tends to wake when we are burping him, I just thought I would rather deal with this now rather than later when he is more likely to have his own opinions lol I defiantly wouldn't be waking him to put him to bed, there is still the possible that he won't cry... heres hoping Ashlee

Dawn I can't believe Patrick has been wiggling around for 40 minutes Zack starts crying with in a minute if he is still awake
    IVF/ICSI #1 & 2 BFN #3 BFP, 3wks of joy FET BFP u/s 11/18
    YaYa "Majesty Goddess of supporter’s to people w/special needs who enjoys romance & suspense novels & geocaching whom will IF from Ontario"~Faith~

sunshine813
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Andrew generally takes a short nap (30-60 minutes) in the morning and then takes a good nap in the afternoon. Usually goes down around 1 and sleeps about 3 hours. We don't limit noise in the daytime either and he seems to sleep through it no problem.

We started putting Andrew down to sleep while he was still awake at about week 7 and he does great. It usually takes him about 15 minutes to fall asleep but he doesn't usually cry during this time, just wiggles and fusses a little. We put his mobile on and give him his pacifier and he seems to be good. Good luck to you guys who are trying to make this transition. It may seem hard but I think it's worth it in the end.
    Lisa