FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
extremely frustrated with doctor's office

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Ashlee5455
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow

extremely frustrated with doctor's office

So I still haven't gone back to work.. I was supposed to go back on Monday. On Friday at my appointment, he never said anything about going back to work & I never thought to ask..I just assumed it was ok. When I went to pick up Kaden from the sitter, she said "well is it ok for you to go back to work then?" and then I thought oh crap I didn't even really think to ask, but maybe I should since I have to do a lot of lifting, pulling, on my feet alot. My concern is that because my episiotomy isn't healed that I'll cause more damage "down there". I hurry up and called on Friday afternoon to try to catch them before the weekend as I was due back to work Monday afternoon. I talked to the nurse who totally misunderstood me and my question and told me to go to work and "try it out and see how you feel". Ugh. I wanted her to ask the doctor. Soo after thinking about it and weighing my options, I figured I'd call work & see what they suggested. They asked if I had a back to work paper..and I did not. I didn't know i needed one, I've never been off for medical reasons before. So that was another problem too as I couldn't go back until I had one. I couldn't call Monday becuase of it being Labor day so I called first thing Tuesday morning. They told me the doctor was out until Thursday and that no other doctor in the group could release me and make the disicion of if I could go back or not. I called my work and let them know what was going on..I was so worried I was going to get in trouble & that the days off would count as call-offs. They are pretty strict about how many days you call off. She told me no worries, she'll just have human resources extend my leave until Friday and to let her know as soon as I can if I can come back to work or not. So I get a phone call this morning..and it's the doctor's office telling me that the doctor doesn't feel that that is a valid reason for extending my medical leave. WTH I wasn't even asking him to, I was asking for his opinion if I should go back or not. They totally twisted what I was asking. And..today is Wednesday, I thought he was off until Thursday? I asked them to write me a back to work note and she is dating it for last Friday as that is when I saw him. So now, work is going to see it dated for Friday and I hope that doesn't get me into trouble..

This whole thing is a mess. At least now I know I can go back to work, and that makes my DH happy. We were fine on money but with it being uncertain when I would go back to work he was getting nervous.

thats how I feel
    11 wks, 2005 5 wks, 2006

2 years old

2. Advertisement

sunshine813
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Ashlee, what a mess. I hope that it's all straightened out now. Also, sorry to see that Kaden didn't cooperate last night with another all nighter. At least they're moving in the right direction...
    Lisa

Ashlee5455
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow
    going back to work Saturday
    11 wks, 2005 5 wks, 2006

2 years old

B
    is trying to keep on keeping on...
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    Ashlee, I'm so sorry for the cluster your dr. office caused. I hope everything is ok when you get back and that you feel ok. Good luck...
    B
    1/06 Our 35w FET Miracle
    5/09 Doubly Blessed 31w5d FET bundles of joy

Thank you God. You've made our dreams come true.

zaworas
    Is so happy to be a mom of 3 beautiful children now!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    In Love
    Ash,
    You and I are in the same profession, and I went through the same stinken thing you did. I was supposed to go back on 9-7 then had the whole gallbladder surgery. THen my boss said I couldnt come back to work with any restrictions. My FMLA is up and they wuldnt extend crap for me. We worked it out and I go back on 9-22. What a mess. We do a ton of lifting though, and my restriction after surgery is to not lift more than 20 lbs. Well you know how much we are on our feet and lifting patients all of the time. So I get 2 more weeks at home, one more now.
    I got new scrubs because I stretched mine out during pregnancy.lol I also bought some new landau shoes for 35.00$. Cant wait to break them in.

What kind of floor do you work on??

Casey
    Casey

Ashlee5455
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Mine are probably stretched out too..I haven't tried my stretchy ones yet but I'm sure they are. My PJ pants def. are.

I work on the med/surg/ortho floor
    11 wks, 2005 5 wks, 2006

2 years old