FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Colic or something else??

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Geemos06
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Colic or something else??

Hi Ladies..

I know I'm not much of a poster with you July Mommies..but my little guys arrived in July, and I introduced my self once upon a time ago, but with my trio and toddler, lurking is rare and posting is almost non exsistent!

Anyway..one of my little guys is killing me loudly. First I thought it was gas because he is a very hard one to burp..but it just doesn't resmemble gas anymore. Now I'm thinking colic...anyone have experience with it? It's not all day long crying..but most of the day and he wakes up screaming from a dead sleep and is rough to put back and cries his "painful" cry. It's heartbreaking and tiresome at the same time...I've tried a sensitive formula, but was wondering if anyone is using a soy based formula...I'm thinking of trying that next. I haven't called the pedi yet since I have to make their 2 month check up anyway next week..I'm losing my mind slowly, as if it wasn't almost gone anyway with triplets and a toddler..but any advice?

2. Advertisement

B
    is trying to keep on keeping on...
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    Nikki - Hi! I'm SO sorry you're going through this. We've been going through the same with our Sammi. We got her Zantac which only provided mild relief. We finally got her on Prevacid as of last week and she's a new baby. I got a book and read it cover to cover and it really helped. It's called "Colic Solved." Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Colic-Solved-E...2431403&sr=8-1

If you can read it, please do. It saved us. We were having the EXACT same issue as you describe. We were at witts end.

Hugs,
    Brandi
    B
    1/06 Our 35w FET Miracle
    5/09 Doubly Blessed 31w5d FET bundles of joy

Thank you God. You've made our dreams come true.

zaworas
    Is so happy to be a mom of 3 beautiful children now!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    In Love
    I have been goin through the same thing with my son Owen. He has been on Zantac 1 ml for a couple weeks now. At first it seemed to help, now all of a sudden he is spitting up clear liquid that smells like stomach acid horribly. He cries through feedings, is eating way less, we tried soy formula and now on gentlease formula. I dont know what to do... going to peds for 2 month check up to see if there is anything else we can do differently. It is heartbreaking to hear your child cry that awedul shrill cry of discomfort and you cant do a **** thing about it.
    Casey

zaworas
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    In Love
    BTW, Nikki how are you handling 3 babies and a toddler???!!!!!

I am barely handling my twins on my own.

Casey
    Casey

Geemos06
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks

We have switched to Similac Isomil formula and it seems to be doing the trick..it's almost like he's a different baby! He doesn't cry as much, but when he does he's easier to comfort..most days. However, we still battle to get burps out of him so those times we do battle it's mostly do to the fact that he didn't burp. I'm hoping this continues to be the trick because it IS heartbreaking as well as nerve wrecking to hear them cry and you can't do anything about it...

I'm surviving, but I MUST have help. So basically there is someone here with me at all times. Otherwise my toddler and I go crazy...those are hard days. If my brother wasn't unemployed I honestly don't know what we'd do as we wouldn't be able to hire real help...it's tough because someone or multiple someones ALWAYS wants your attention...ALWAYS. Tiring isn't even the word. I was in the hospital last week Thursday/Friday and as much as I was in it was nice to sleep...I missed all of them don't get me wrong, but even the hospital/ER provided some sleep for me..

zaworas
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    In Love
    I am sorry to hear you were in the hospital. I hope everythings ok with you and the babies!!

Today the ped switched my Owen to Prevacid, and I started that tonight. Hopefully, that will help his pain.

Pics below of my boys!
    Casey

sunshine813
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Casey, the boys are ADORABLE!!! Thanks for posting the pics. It's great to see all of our babies grow.
    Lisa

zaworas
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    In Love
    Thanks lisa!! They grow so fast!!!!
    Casey

B
    is trying to keep on keeping on...
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    Casey, Sammi is on Prevacid now and a NEW BABY! Charley is on Zantac and doing well with it. Your guys are SO adorable!!!
    B
    1/06 Our 35w FET Miracle
    5/09 Doubly Blessed 31w5d FET bundles of joy

Thank you God. You've made our dreams come true.

zaworas
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    In Love
    Brandi~

I hope the prevacid works. How long did it take before you noticed a difference? Poor Owen is not eating well at all...

Casey
    Casey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast