FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
when everyone is celebrating x-mas what do you do with your family?

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    larasmom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

when everyone is celebrating x-mas what do you do with your family?

we spend christmas eve bored to death watching movies on tv. on christmas day we watch the disney christmas parade together, get dressed go to a movie togethr and then out for an early dinner of chinese food before the restaurants get packed with all our fellow jews in the area

2. Advertisement

CarolineM
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lisa

I'm barging in from the Islam board but your post caught my eye...we'll be doing the same thing My dh is working Christmas Eve and Christmas Day double shifts (nice overtime and no one else wants to work) so I'll be taking the kids by myself to a movie and out for Chinese food. It's our new tradition

Caroline
    mom to C (11) and S (8) from Mexico and A (5) and D (5) from Guatemala

AmyP
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolineM
    Hi Lisa

I'm barging in from the Islam board but your post caught my eye...we'll be doing the same thing My dh is working Christmas Eve and Christmas Day double shifts (nice overtime and no one else wants to work) so I'll be taking the kids by myself to a movie and out for Chinese food. It's our new tradition

Caroline
    Caroline - that's so funny. Most of the Jews I know do Chinese food and a movie as their "Erev Christmas" Tradition. More in common than we think I guess
    Amy

Mom to Mia
    born Guatemala 4/2/2000
    home to Boston 7/5/2001

Sharon
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Ah, my good v.friend Caroline. So nice to see you here on the jewiosh board.

We've talked about the movie/chinese food thing in years past. Maybe you want to drive up to the Bay Area with your brood and we can ignore xmas together. :-)

I think we'll take J for sushi since we all favor sushi to Chinese food. Then home for a movie. He still fears the dark theatre.
    Nov. 2, 2002 - Jordan Born
    Dec 19, 2002 - May 23, 2003 raising fabulous baby Jordan in Antigua
    May23, 2003 - Jordan home

2006 Waiting to fost-adopt

CarolineM
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's nice to know I'll be in good company

Caroline
    mom to C (11) and S (8) from Mexico and A (5) and D (5) from Guatemala

Asiamaato2
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My dh will be working Xmas Eve too, but the rest of us will be at a good friends house. They invite us over every xmas eve.

On a side note, dh also has to work New Years Eve. We've only been apart once on New years eve in 20 years
    Karla-Mom to Sarah from China and Jade from Cambodia

larasmom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    well..........this year we are going to go to a movie. dh decided he doesn't want to go to a chinese restaurant because for some reason the smell of chinese food lately is nauseating him. so i will go and buy him something at the grocery store he can make for himeself and i will probably get carry out chinese for the kids and i.

Littlechum
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    It's Christmas Eve and we are just hanging out at home. I'm surfing the net and dh is watching football while the kids play. Tomorrow I will work half a day (nursing home - always open) while dh brings the kids to Grandma and Grandpa's for brunch. Then we are going to our friend's house for...you guessed it...Chinese food!! Gosh I wish the stores were open. I always feel so confined on Christmas....such limited things to do.

Asiamaato2
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well- Here it is xmas eve, dh at work, 1 kid in bed with Pneumonia and 1 on couch being a royal PIA
    Karla-Mom to Sarah from China and Jade from Cambodia

Sharon
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    We had a great Xmas eve. My friend had an open house. We went early and the kids played--we ate. When the church crowd showed up (service were out at 7 pm) we hit the road.

Today is going to be dull. I'm about to check out movies but J is easily frightened so anything scarier than a Winnie the pooh type film is out. We did get to build some Ikea furniture at 7 am so its been a productive day thus far.
    Nov. 2, 2002 - Jordan Born
    Dec 19, 2002 - May 23, 2003 raising fabulous baby Jordan in Antigua
    May23, 2003 - Jordan home

2006 Waiting to fost-adopt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast