FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
hebrew sunday school lesson today

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    larasmom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

hebrew sunday school lesson today

i loved that lara's hebrew school class did a mock wedding for a project. it was a wonderful way for the 4th graders to start learning about jewish traditions.

today lara came home from sunday school and wanted to know exactly what a bris was.

she said they showed them a movie of a bris.

her question to me.........mom why do they make the baby scream and why do they pin the baby down and cut their penis skin?

i was floored and said i don't know maybe they will teach you more about the tradition next week.........it is just a jewish practice

2. Advertisement

Sharon
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    That is a nice lesson. Weddings have wonderful symbols in them...and then at least one horrible symbol (the ring "purchase" of the bride). Definitely worthy of a school discussion.

The removal of the foreskin for men by the way was what God demanded of Abraham as his covenant. Its worth reading up on so you can answer the questions. I believe the medical reason was that with less hygiene in the biblical times removal of the foreskin meant far less infections.
    Nov. 2, 2002 - Jordan Born
    Dec 19, 2002 - May 23, 2003 raising fabulous baby Jordan in Antigua
    May23, 2003 - Jordan home

2006 Waiting to fost-adopt