FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
A little (a lot) frustrated!!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    missyinjapan
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    WoW!!! This thread has been busy today!!! I look forward to reading it when I get off of work each day so that is good

Where do I start!!!! LOL

Our funny news!!!! I know I had mentioned previously that I thought that my female Pomeranian might be "expecting"!!! Well, we found out for sure this weekend that she is!!! I felt so crazy in the vet office b/c they gave her an u/s and when they found the first puppy, here I was squealing like they had just told me I was preg! So, our dear Gracie is expecting two little pups on Jun 3. That's the day I start nasal spray so...maybe it's a sign!!!!! I'm sure that this will add to the stress of the shots and all as I will have whinning puppies to deal with!!! Aghhhhh!!!!!

Cyn,
    I think the cup story is the best IVF funny I have heard yet!!! OMG I would have loved to seen that nurses face!!!! And your poor DH! Thanks for the tidbit about the Met...I'll have to see what I can do. And by the way, being off topic isn't such a bad thing! It takes our minds away from this for awhile sometimes...I think we all need a little more of that. About your immune issues, this may make you feel better... A friend of mine had these same issues and suffered 4 or 5 m/c and could never stay pregnant. The RE she went to see simply told her to start taking baby aspirin 30 days prior to trying and throughout the first trimester. She conceived and was able to carry the baby past term!! Hopefully that helps a little...I just remembered that the other day. So maybe it will do the trick for you! Also if you don't mind my asking, how much has tricare been getting back to you?

Dawn,
    Glad that you were able to have a good day. We'll see what we can work out for next weekend. I am off Saturday and Sunday but, work til 11 PM (those dreaded hours again!!!) Speaking of my hours, what time of day do the FSH shots have to be done? I don't know what I'll do if I have to do them at work!!! I'll have to do some research on the doc and lab person coming from Loma Linda again...I don't think I ever found her name...just the doctors.

Jen S,
    You are at a huge crossroads...however it sounds like you may have made a decision. I completely understand what it feels like to be in that boat. For me it was a matter or not wanting to wait any longer but, also a little encouragement by my OB/GYN.
    As far as my first cycle.... Dr. V wanted me to continue my BCP until it was time to cycle. I am on BCP for my ENDO so, I will stop BCP on Jun 1, hope for AF Jun 3, nasal spray Jun 3, stims Jun 5 and then hopefully ER/ET the week of 13- 19 Jun.
    As far as twins...most of all I just want a baby...boy or girl doesn't matter, but I am secretly hoping for twins!!!! A boy and a girl would be great for me!!! I think that it would be nice to have twins in this process b/c with having to pay for it and the struggles that you go through to get to this point...it would be nice to have it happen at once...Plus, I've always dreamed of twins.
    As far as telling family...with most of our family and friends it's out in the open. However I don't have the best relationship w/ DH's Mom and we haven't told her yet. I just don't feel ready. I mean we are selective about who we tell but, we haven't kept it a secret b/c I feel like I want & need their love & support to get through this. I am extremely close to all of my family and I just felt like I couldn't not share it with them. Plus when we had finally made the decision to do IVF, I was just so excited about the possibilities I couldn't contain myself. We haven't kept it a secret from either or our works b/c if we were to do that, they would just hassle us about all the time that we need off. So, DH and I were very upfront w/ our management to begin with and they have been great...they are totally behind us.

Jen,
    I would think that flight med would help you out. Did you hear that Dr. Andreotti got deployed??? I was sooo bummed!!! I adore her and she has been so helpful. I was hoping for her help through this if I have any extra questions. She had promised to put some lab work in for me around the time of transfer for after the 2ww. Definately let me know how it works out with them. Maybe I'll have to use them too!!!!

Well, I need to get dinner going and try to wind down from work!!!
    Have a great nite!
    Missy

2. Advertisement

klever_girl
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi again!

It's been a while since I posted on here because we were having problems with our internet (gotta love Mediatti!) Ugh!!! Then, it took me a while to find the thread again since I couldn't get connected via my e-mail alert.

Wow- it sounds like a lot is going on with everyone. I can try and share a little about my experience at AMC in hopes that it might be helpful. My Dh and I began seeing Dr. V in Aug/Sept 2002. I went through a complete work-up which took a while. I think our first round of IUI was in Nov. 2002. It took over a year to complete 6 rounds of IUI (all BFN except for 1 chemical pregnancy) and progress to IVF (Dec 2003 BFP). This was due to Dr. V's sabbatical 2 years ago just like he is doing this year. It was frustrating for us then since we were so eager. I felt like those 13 months of ttc with infertility treatments being on and off were very long and arduous! All I know is that when Dr. V goes basically most of the American pt's are put on hold unless he can get them started on the meds for IVF. That is how it was handled then and it sounds like they are repeating that same decision now. It pretty much stinks but as we all know... our options are limited.

As for an update on our situation, I need to call Dr. V and cancel my appt. that was scheduled for this weekend. Therefore, I won't be cycling with everyone. We have a family emergency that will involve us making an unexpected trip to Hawaii. I don't want to start the meds and not be able to complete the cycle which I suspect would happen so, DH and I discussed our options and decided that postponing this cycle would be the best thing for our family. So, I need to talk to Dr. V and find out what my options are and a new possible timeline. I am disappointed but unfortunately also distracted by this family emergency. But, I will be wishing everyone that will be cycling a BFP!!!!!!

Missy- I saw that you were born in Flint. Is that where you were raised? My uncle lives in Fenton and my DH and I are both from Michigan.

Well, I need to go. I will be thinking of everyone and may not have access to a computer when we travel so I hope to catch up and hear great news upon my return!!!!

K.

missyinjapan
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    K,

Yep...I'm a Flint girl...the better part of Flint though! LOL I have family that lives in Fenton as well. Where are you and DH from??

I hope all goes well with the trip that you have to take. So sorry to hear that you won't be cycling with us. Be safe as you travel and we'll keep you in our prayers!!!

Missy

jenanderic
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey ladies- so... what do you want to do for our IVF kick-off? If you want to do my house- I will go get chick flicks (suggestions would be great so I can get some everyone wants to see) and ideas are welcome of course- we can order Chili's to go. We can meet at Chili's instead as well.. just let me know!! Jennifer

magpiesvn
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hi Everyone!

K - what a bummer you won't be with us this time, but I totally understand about the family emergency and hope its nothing too serious for you. I am sure Dr. V can schedule you right in when you get back. It's sad to have to cancel especially due to these circumstances, but I hope all goes well for you on your trip (are you going to the US?).

Missy - I remember the first shot they gave me was about 4 in the afternoon and I asked them does it have to be given around the same time every day cos I said 4pm was going to be out of the question, with being still at work and everything, I asked them if 7pm was ok and that I could stick to that schedule every day no problem. They said that was fine, but that is still an interesting question, I wonder if it makes any difference? I will try to find out more on that subject. And little pomer pups!!! AWWWWWW, yes I remember you telling us about that....2 little ones! Yes I think its a sign you know!!! watch out Missy, Gracie is leading the way!! woo hooo!!
    and this is perfect timing cos you will be soo distracted with taking care of them it might actually be a good thing! Take some piccies for us when they pop out! (that sounds funny huh).

Jen, I am good with take out Chilis and chick flicks! I hardley ever get to watch chick flicks, they are banned in my house! I have a few, let's see:

Under the Tuscan Sun
    Mona Lisa Smile
    Le Divorce
    Raising Helen
    Somethings Gotta Give
    Love Actually
    How to lose a guy in 10 days
    Waiting to Exhale
    How Stella got her groove back (Taye Diggs has a really BAD Jamaican accent, I know cos dh is Jamaican and sounds nothing like him!) but his cuteness makes up for it I suppose
    4 Weddings and a Funeral
    Sweet Home Alabama
    What Women Want

2 I have not seen yet are Bridget Jones's Diary #2 and Little Black Book. But I don't mind if anyone wants to watch the ones I have, they are ALL great!

Well, better go do some work

Dawn
    Me 42 DH 38 TTC: 12 yrs
    1997-2007: 10 IVF's - unsucessful
    August 2008: Adopted my sweet 18mth old son Yohannes from Ethiopia - the love of my life!
    http://www.clivedawnb.blogspot.com/

magpiesvn
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Is this the doc coming from the US in June?

John D. Jacobson, MD
    Dr. Jacobson received his MD degree from Loma Linda University School of Medicine in 1970. He served a rotation internship in family practice at Sacred Heart Hospital in Spokane, Washington, from 1970-71, which was followed by 11 years of private practice in family medicine in Okinawa, Japan, and Summersville, West Virginia. Dr. Jacobson returned to Loma Linda University Medical Center in 1982 and completed his residency training in gynecology and obstetrics in 1985. Dr. Jacobson is board certified in family practice and obstetrics and gynecology.
    Since completing his residency, Dr. Jacobson has been a member of the full-time academic faculty at Loma Linda University School of Medicine. He currently serves as Director of Minimally Invasive Surgery in the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics. Dr. Jacobson has a broad range of interests, including reproductive endocrinology and infertility.

Dr. Jacobson is a member of the American Fertility Society, the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, the American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology, the Riverside-San Bernardino Obstetrical and Gynecological Society, and the San Bernardino County Medical Society.
    August 2008: Adopted my sweet 18mth old son Yohannes from Ethiopia - the love of my life!

jenanderic
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    The movies I have right now (that I own) are:

Sweet Home Alabama
    Under the Tuscan Sun
    Sweet November
    Message in a Bottle
    The Notebook
    Bridget Jones 1&2
    Garden State
    Sleepless in Seattle

I think those are all of my chick flicks.. let me know what you think!!!

magpiesvn
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

somebody slap me!!!!

Ok, I did it. I ordered HPTs today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I am so crazy!!

How is it I am getting excited, I wasn't this excited last time, you know, I think it's because all you guys are here and I am excited for all of us!!

jenopher
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's a good thing you ordered early, since it takes 2 weeks to get stuff here. How long do you think you'll be able to hold out?? Oh, that may depend on how many sticks you ordered! LOL

Jen-I'm somewhat familiar with the meds needed to grow the eggs. I've never heard of nasal spray though. What is that for? How many days do you use it?

This is going to be informative and fun to hear you guys go through it all first.

Jen S

magpiesvn
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hi Jen S, Dont mind if I barge in I hope...about your question about the nasal spray, it basically suppresses your hormones so you don't ovulate, some say it makes you feel pre-menopausal, but don't worry about that. It won't bring on menopause or anything its just to suppress those hormones, I think FSH and LH to stop you from ovulating early, cos with the stimms, your body starts producing more eggs and you don't want to naturally release those eggs until its time for ER (Egg Retrieval) and they do that with an HCG shot.

I think I used the Nasal Spray (ok just checked my notes from March and mine was called "Suprecur") for about 9 days from what I remember. It all depends on how your follies are growing.
    I hope that helps some what?
    Dawn

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast