FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Exercise???

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    loveliest1
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hopeful

Exercise???

I have been exercising off and on throughout the pregnancy. I have not been able to go on a constant basis though. Here lately, I have been able to go, but I haven't been able to make myself go. I seem to have the lazies. I know I need the exercise sooo bad because I don't want to gain TOO much weight, and I want to make myself as healthy as I can so the baby will be healthy too. Anyone have any ideas on how to make myself exercise? Do any of you exercise on a regular basis?

2. Advertisement

tasha
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I have been trying to walk on our treadmill at home for 30 min atleast 5 X per week but so far have only achieved that once. I have been getting in atleast 3 X so that is not horrible but not my goal either. I found it ALOT easier while pg with my ds to get it in, but I will keep trying.

tasha

LisaKay
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    No exercising for me. I know I should. I just don't have it in me.
    Lisa

Jen213
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been bummed that I've been instructed NOT to exercise yet. My OB told me that I could do about 25% of what I did pre-pg'cy (I used to be a workout hound!!!) - but then I started bleeding & was told no exercise until I stopped spotting. Still like spotting - so I still can't exercise. I belong to a gym - so once I'm in the clear - I plan to walk on the treadmill & maybe ride the stationary bike some. I won't be doing anything strenuous at all. I used to go to spinning classes 4-5 times a week & I LOVED it!!! But that's way too much of a workout for me now. Maybe when it gets a little cooler - I'll walk outside some.

I also plan to buy some 5-7 lb. dumbells for home use - to keep my arms in shape. We have 10 lb. weights that I used to use - but they are too much weight for me to lift repetitiously now.

I've got a book on pg'cy fitness - that I haven't even cracked open yet.
    :-) Jen
    Jen213
    IVF/ICSI #1
    Fraternal TWIN BOYS Dalton & Dylan
    I can't believe my babies are 3 years old!!!!!

50/50
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I was a regular exerciser before I got pg but when I got pg my RE didn't want me to workout due to having a SCH and I wasn't feeling very well anyhow. Now that the SCH is gone and I am feeling much better I have started to walk 30 mins 3-5 a week. I have noticed it's easier for me to do it in the morning when I get up and get it out of the way...otherwise I will find an excuse not to do it later. I like you do not want to gain too much weight and I want to be healthy along with my baby.

Good luck!

Amyk
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been too tired to exercise and I spend a lot of time chasing a very active, rambunctious toddler around most of the day. My doctor actually said that she isn't worried about my level of activitiy since I have a toddler - she's pregnant too and her DD is 5 months younger than my DS.
    Amy
    Mommy to Sam (August 2002) and Lucy (December 2005)