FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
In what position do you sleep??

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    smileygirl
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

In what position do you sleep??

Just curious...

I am a tummy sleeper 98% of the time, which is really inconvenient when you are pregnant! LOL! We have a water bed, so I'm still enjoying sleeping on my stomach, but I know it won't last forever. Last time around, I used a body pillow along my back to keep me on my side, but often found myself laying on my back when I woke up! I remember one of the things I was most excited about after the birth of my twins was to be able to sleep on my tummy again!! Oh the woes of being pregnant!
    Lindsay
    & ~ 02/03
    ~ 01/06
    ~ 12/08
    ~ 12/11

2. Advertisement

50/50
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I love to sleep on my back most of the time but finding it uncomfortable anyway I sleep lately. I really want to try one of those body pillows and see if it makes a difference for me.

LisaKay
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am a belly sleeper. What I do is lay on my side and put a regular pillow up against my belly. It gives the feeling that I'm laying on my belly without the uncomfortableness (wow is that a word? )

Lately my position has been the rotisserie position. Cuz' I keep turning and turning and turning. LOL
    Lisa

AmyV
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I also am a tummy sleeper and have been sleeping the same way as Lisa and find this the most comfortable. I remember as soon as I had my son I went straight to my tummy to sleep and oh how good it felt!
    amy

tasha
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I normally sleep on my back, but I have been trying to sleep on my side more since pg.

tasha

Amyk
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Before becoming pg with DS I was a tummy sleeper, but ever since that pg I have been a side or back sleeper. I try to sleep on my left side but find that when I wake up I've been sleeping on my back. I remember by the end of my pregnancy last time I could only sleep on my left side.
    Amy
    Mommy to Sam (August 2002) and Lucy (December 2005)

Fayettc
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I love sleeping on my sides then my back, never been a tummy sleeper (boobies get in the way..lol) I used a body pillow, it was great, now if I could only find where I put it while our addition was done. I use a reg pillow now just to put under belly. I do remember being so uncomfortable with the twins though, especially toward end. Oh wow havent thought about the sleep thing...oh boy hope this is better.

Faye
    17 w 1 day
    First came Love, then came marriage DH '97
    then came years of ttc, then came:
    Ian 2/6/01
    Shannon/Allison 12/29/03
    Sean 1/10/06 - our natural miracle

smileygirl
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayettc
    ... never been a tummy sleeper (boobies get in the way..lol)
    That's what I love about a waterbed- no need to worry about squished boobies!! I don't think I could be a tummy sleeper on a regular mattress for the same reason!
    Lindsay
    & ~ 02/03
    ~ 01/06
    ~ 12/08
    ~ 12/11

Gogibean
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I am also a tummy sleeper and it is just starting to get uncomfortable. I also like to sleep on my sides but lately I have been waking up on my back. I guess I just toss and turn!!

Jodi

loveliest1
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hopeful
    I have been a tummy sleeper for a LONG time, completely 100% of the time. Now it hurts to lay on my stomach, and my preg book says to stop sleeping on my back, so I have really having a hard time learning to sleep on my side. I wake up with a backache every morning. Just gives DH something else to do I guess!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast