FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Baby kicking - painful?

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    pepper
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Baby kicking - painful?

I keep having these sharp pains - when the baby kicks should it be painful? I am pretty sure the baby is okay, I checked the hb about an hour ago. No spotting or bleeding. Oh, I am 15 weeks tomorrow. It's not that the whole uterus is cramping, I don't think - it's like this side or that side. They are happening while I am just sitting here (it doesn't feel the same as ligament stretching).

Kelly

2. Advertisement

Magpie
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think at this stage the baby kicks would be that noticeable, let alone painful. I remember that much further along that when the baby kicks toward the bladder, that can cause some discomfort. Any baby movement now should feel like a little soft poke in the tummy or as some people say, a tiny bubble burst. I don't think it is anything to worry about as long as you are not getting full uterine cramping.
    -Magpie
    Robbie 12/03/02
    Vincent 1/16/06

Between the world we see and the things we fear, there are doors. When they are opened, nightmares become reality. 'A Haunting,' New Dominion Pictures

50/50
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    It sounds like your ligaments are stretching? Like Magpie said at 15 weeks you would barely feel anything but a flutter. I'm 16 weeks today and have been having fluttering sensations since last week along with ligament stretching causing slight pain on my sides.

CAKI
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    I have not felt the baby move yet. Although I know its rock-n-rollin in there because the u/s tech had a hard time getting pics because it wouldn't stop doing flips yesterday! I have been having crampy feelings on my sides almost where my ovaries are for the last few days. Yesterday I started feeling some pulling in the middle of my adomen (reminded me of that new spicy hamburger commercial with the baby pulling on the cord). Not contstant, just every once and awhile. I think its just our bodies adjusting to the baby since they are growing so rapidly right now. I am currently 15w3d.

Cathy

pepper
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cathy I think you are right on about me. I feel crampy on the sides and I thought later that it might be the uterus stretching!

Kelly
    14w6d

Fayettc
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I get painful things too but I think it is ligament stretches, especially when I move to fast from sittting or laying. I had it all my pg's.

Faye
    16w3d
    First came Love, then came marriage DH '97
    then came years of ttc, then came:
    Ian 2/6/01
    Shannon/Allison 12/29/03
    Sean 1/10/06 - our natural miracle

CAKI
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    I figure that as long as I hear the HB with my babybeat and theres no blood than everything is OK. However, its very easy to stress about every little twinge you feel. I am not sure why we expect that we should feel like we did before PG that this little stuff freaks us out so. I know that I am a really big scaredy cat with every little twinge.

Cathy

smileygirl
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'd chalk it up to your uterus stretching. I'm 17w2d and I'm definitely feeling kicks (not just flutters anymore), but nowhere near painful. It feels like little flicks from the inside!
    Lindsay
    & ~ 02/03
    ~ 01/06
    ~ 12/08
    ~ 12/11

Gogibean
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I remember with DS I had so much wierd cramping/pains/stretching. I think it's just the uterus getting bigger. THis time around I haven't had as much, but I do remember feeling the smae types of things you described with my other ones.

Jodi