FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Names?

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    nette79
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Names?

Just wondering if anyone has started on their name lists yet. I'm sure there are many of you who've had them for years, its just so hard to pick. Hoping maybe some of you can share your favorites, or if you don't want to share your pics then some that were second, third place and so on. Since things have settled down a bit, I can actually enjoy the best things about anticipating this child. Preparing for him/her is just a great feeling! The only name that I've pretty much had stuck in my mind is Garrett for a boy. But girl names are a bit tougher. Just thought it would be fun to throw a few names around! Thanks!
    Hugs,
    nette

EDD-1/31/06

triplets born 2/14/03, conceived IVF

2. Advertisement

RiTay
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    If I have a girl (still possible) her name will be Julia Mae. Other names that I like are Maya and Tara, but DP vetoed those.

My first choice for a boy is Riley Edward. The runner up was Elijah. Way back when we first started finding out we were expecting I posted a long list of boys names. Wonder if our board will go back to around May when I posted them...you can look on that list for any boy ideas if you can find it. I like Garrett!

Gwen
    Dec 2005
    Sept 2014
    March 2015 BFP!! It's twins!! EDD 11/27/15

CAKI
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    I have thought about names but not really settled on anything. Since this is the first and only grandchild for my parents I wanted to do something with a family name, but frankly none of them work....I have a berton, arlene, mildred etc. Add to that my husband is half Chinese so if we have to add some Chinese middle names in there as well. If its a boy I have always thought of Hunter James.

Still confused, but not really thinking about it at the moment. Like so many things with this PG I am waiting for DH to get from Iraq in Oct to settle on anything. Just hope I don't put it off to long!

Cathy

smileygirl
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    We have several girls names that we like- Cassidy (Cassie), Rachel, Brianne, Leah. Leah is my current favorite! Boys names are harder for us. Blake was our ONLY boy name that we came up with before the twins were born and we can hardly agree on a boy name, which is frustrating!! We like the name Treyton (Trey) and I also like the name Gavin. It'll take some persuasion to get dh on board with Gavin though!! For middle names, if it's a boy, I'd like to use Milo, which is dh's grandfather's name. Not sure about a girl middle name- depends on the first name. If we go with Rachel, it's likely we'll use Brianne as a middle name.

Since we are not finding out the sex of this baby, we'll go into the delivery room with our favorites and then an alternate and see what the baby looks like before deciding on a name.

Good luck deciding! Naming is probably, IMO, one of the most fun things about having a baby!!
    Lindsay
    & ~ 02/03
    ~ 01/06
    ~ 12/08
    ~ 12/11

Jen213
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    We finally have agreed on 2 boy names & 2 girl names. We too were trying to incorporate family names. "Louis" runs all through DH's family. "Paige/Page" is my dad's, my brother's & my middle name. So - those 2 names will be our middle names no matter what we have. Here are the combos (or course - they are not set in stone).

Boy & Girl: Dalton Louis (Dalton is my grandfather's middle name) & Lola Paige

2 Boys: Dalton Page & Marek Louis

2 Girls: Lola Paige & Piper Louis

Our 3rd & 4th choices for girls are Georgia & Margeaux.

We figure we both have such common names (Jennifer & Michael) that we wanted our children to have somewhat original names.

:-) Jen
    Jen213
    IVF/ICSI #1
    Fraternal TWIN BOYS Dalton & Dylan
    I can't believe my babies are 3 years old!!!!!

LisaKay
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    For a girl we have picked Arianna Marie. That's the name we had picked out for DS if he had been a girl.

A boy's name has been very difficult for us. We cannot agree. It is down to two first names, Mason (my pick) and Gage (DH's pick). We both say we can live with the other's pick. LOL Middle name is also up in the air. I like Mason David or Gage Michael. We may be drawing out of a hat!
    Lisa

Magpie
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are having a boy but my fav girl name picks were Natalie, Haley, Laura, and Lauren.

I like the name Vincent but DH is not as happy with this choice. He said that all the Vince's he knows are weasels. Nathan is a close second, Nathan or Nathaniel. We also liked Garrett and that was in the running with our first pg. I don't think we'll go with that because I'm not fond of the nn Gary.
    -Magpie
    Robbie 12/03/02
    Vincent 1/16/06

Between the world we see and the things we fear, there are doors. When they are opened, nightmares become reality. 'A Haunting,' New Dominion Pictures