FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Weekly Updates- 7/25

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Gogibean
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Weekly Updates- 7/25

I was gone all day yesterday and noticed today that we didn't have our update thread up yet! Jen has been helping me get it started the last few weeks and I guess we were both busy this week. I didn't get a chance to update last week because things have been so crazy. So my update:

I'm 17 weeks tomorrow. Time is really flying. I think the past week or so I have really started to pop. I hardly looked pg at all last week and now other people can tell. I feel good, just tired from all the running around lately. My parents were in town and we took DS to Disneyland yesterday. I figured I'd better do it now before I was too big and had a hard time walking all day. Dh and I are still in disagreement on names. I really wish we could both agree on one. I really love my DS and DD's names and I want to love this one also. I think that's it for now. Can't wait to read how everyone else is doing!

Jodi

2. Advertisement

pepper
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I am 13w5d and I listen to the baby's heartbeat several times a day. Hello, my name is Kelly and I'm addicted to hearing my baby's heartbeat. I am starting to feel better in the m/s department but I am still having serious food aversions and little appetite. I am back down in the weight department. I am about 10 pounds under my starting weight again. I had gained about 4 pounds but it is gone. I am definitely dehydrated but I can't sit and chug a glass of water/other liquid. I have to drink a small amount at a time. I don't think I am showing yet, but I bet my old pants wouldn't fit. I've been living in maternity shorts for weeks. I sometimes can't believe I'm actually pregnant. I haven't been feeling movement but I am pretty sure I hear his/her movements when I listen to the h/b.

Kelly

50/50
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I am 15 weeks today! I found out Friday that I have a bladder infection and am on antibiotics for 7 days. Worried that this has become a kidney infection cuz I am exhausted beyond words and nauseous. I would think this was normal but I had 2.5 weeks of feeling great then this? I have not weighed myself but my butt and thighs are looking bigger, tummy does not seem to be getting bigger from last week though. I can hardly wait til I look obviously preggo!

I've told mostly everyone that I am pregnant now.

50/50

LisaKay
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am 15w5d. Not much to report. The humidity gets me nausated so it is almost like I still have m/s in the evenings. I try not to get over heated but it's difficult when I'm getting in and out of a hot car several times close together, like when I get off work, pick up ds and have to stop at the store. I am in maternity clothes full time. Only because they make most of them for the supermodel thin mothers-to-be. In 2-3 months these clothes won't fit me at all. I hope I can find something to wear then. I know I had a very difficult time finding anything to fit towards the end of my first pregnancy. I have 2.5 wks to go until my next OB appt. I think we've to the names picked out. I will wait to announce them when we are sure. Everyone have a great week.
    Lisa

baacbs
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there. I need to get the Baby Beat thing you all talk about! I still have till 8/4 for my big u/s to find out what the baby is, etc. I'm still anxious. I can tell my stomach is growing, but I still don't feel the baby. I know it's still early for it. I thought maybe I felt it once last week, it's just I want to feel it all the time! Anyway, doing good. Trying to stay indoors, it's like 106 in Indiana w/the heat index. We picked out a nursery theme and I love it and it's made me really excited about stripping wallpaper and redoing the nursery. Here is a link to it. Thought it'd be good for girl or boy and fun and different. If it's a girl we'll paint the nursery periwinkle and boy a deeper blue.
    http://g-images.amazon.com/images/G/...g/13015431.jpg

Amyk
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm 15w2d. We just got back from our sailing vacation in the San Juan Islands. We had a great time. I had a pretty bad headache one day from not drinking enough water but I have more than made up for it now that I'm home. I think my m/s is pretty much gone, I only feel nauseous if I eat too much at one time. I still feel like I'm not showing very much - just looking like I'm getting a beer belly. My summer maternity clothes from my last pg are all still too big and I don't have any winter maternity clothes. I have an ob/gyn apppointment next Wednesday and I'll get a referral to schedule my 20-wk u/s at that time. I'm so looking forward to that! I know with my last pg we did it between 18-19 weeks and I'm hoping we can do it that early again. Otherwise nothing exciting to report.
    Amy
    Mommy to Sam (August 2002) and Lucy (December 2005)

hope2004
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    WEIGHT GAIN: I've gained a whooping 8lbs. I got Dr. Luke's book for Twins and been following her guidelines and been doing really well with that. Never thought I'd be proud to gain weight.

SYMPTOMS: Still having the occasional nausea. Seems like that evil toothbrush or toothpaste triggers it. I've tried to breathe through my nose and it usually works but I do have those days.
    Also been getting a headache a couple of times a week but I think it's heat related. This heatwave sure is a kicker!!!!!!! Had someone comment yesterday that I picked the wrong time to get pregnant. Hmmmmm

NESTING: Right now I'm not able to do anything. Seems like I'm either too tired or I'm just not able to do it!!!!! Even grocery shopping is starting to get difficult. Yesterday I had to leave half the stuff in the car because by the time I shopped and lifted everything in and out of the cart I was too exhausted to carry things into the house. All I could manage was carry the perishable items in and put them up. The rest stayed in the car until dh came home - baking in the heat.

APPT. UPDATES: Had my 2 wk appt with peri on Tuesday. Babies looked so cute on u/s. One looked like he/she was sitting up and waving at mommy and daddy. I was concerned about a sharp pain I had been having in my lower abdomen and he checked that for me. Turns out it's all the scar tissue that is getting my attention. Nothing I can do about it - the uterus is stretching and it will eventually go away.

MILESTONES REACHED: Tomorrow I will be 16wks!!!!!!

CAKI
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    I am 14w6d. I had a call from the doc yesterday and because of my DES exposure they want to start ultrasounds every 2 week from now until about 20-24 weeks just to make sure my cervical length is OK. Even though its an hour down there I don't mind for that little bit extra!

Have not gained weight and the GD seems to still be under control.

My stepson tried to pull some crap on me when he was going to his mom's to visit by telling me he was not coming back. He basically had a crappy summer because he broke his arm and had to be in occupational therapy everyday and in a cast so has not been able to do anything. All this of course is my fault, because when I wasn't running him there for 2 hours I was driving his brother to summer school. So at the end of the day I was really tired and didn't feel like doing much. I really hope this baby doesn't turn into a teenager (wishful thinking). So, I slept maybe 3 hours Tuesday night and my system has been all out of whack since then. My DH is in Iraq until Oct so this was not what I needed to be dealing with by myself. I think the situation is now resolved, I will know when he comes back on Tuesday.

I slid down the stairs yesterday and really pulled some of my stomach ligaments. Really scared me. I used my babybeat 3 times atleast just to make sure everything was OK. Must have gone to the bathroom 15 times yesterday just to check that I wasn't bleeding. Everything is fine!

Its been a pretty eventful week, but I made it through. However, I am not sure how many more like this one I can survive. I am so happy school starts in a little over a week!

Cathy

baacbs
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cathy,
    You poor thing. You don't need stress of ungrateful teenagers now. Try to relax and take what he says with a grain of salt. Sorry you slid down the stairs. I bet that did scare you! I'm glad you are okay and baby is fine. I keep checking the front porch to see if my baby beat is here! I just weighed myself 1 lb. gain. Wow... So, I need reassurance. I cant wait to get it.
    amy

CAKI
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thanks Amy,

I think the worst part is having to deal with it on my own and worrying about my DH being over there.

You will love you babybeat once you get it. However, don't expect the baby to stay in one place very long. As soon as I find the HB the little sucker moves on me. You may have to push down somewhat to find it as well.

Cathy