FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Had my nuchal today

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    PickleSpice
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Had my nuchal today

And measured 5-6 days ahead which puts me at about 14 weeks. It's amazing what they can see with the u/s...we got a great profile shot, and we could see so much...the brain, stomach, spine, etc. I just fell in love when I saw the closeups....this absolutely adorable baby! Yup...goofy, I know. Unfortunately, we don't know the gender yet. The nuchal measurement was very thin so hopefully combined with my bloodwork, my risk will be low. Oh, and the heartbeat was 162. So is it high for a girl, low for a boy? What's considered high at this age???

2. Advertisement

rchatter
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Glad to hear that the nuchal went well! One worry out of the way.
    Rita

Sanjay (7)
    Alex (5)

Amyk
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gena - that all sounds great. I too was amazed at how much they could see at this stage. I don't know what's considered a high heartbeat at this age - in the past week we've had the h/b measured twice once it was 159, once it was 160.
    Amy
    Mommy to Sam (August 2002) and Lucy (December 2005)

Daisy28
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    They do say the lower the HB it could mean a boy..My friend is 2 1/2 months ahead of me and due end of October. When she went in around 14 weeks the HB was 163 so she thought it was a girl, the next time a few weeks later she went in and it was 148 and then when she found out what it was it was a boy. I have had so many appts with RE at 7wks our HB was 134 and then at 8wks it was 187 and at 9wks 184 and at 11 wks it was 177. I have a doppler I use now and it is usually high 150's/low 160's depending on the time of day. I have my 1st appt with a reg OBGYN on monday to hear the HB so we will see. What do you want, a boy or girl or does it matter to you?