FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Anyone with two or more children?

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    AmyV
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone with two or more children?

I was wondering if anyone has two or more children and if you had enough bedrooms or if they will share. I have two boys ages 12 and 3. I will be ok if we have another boy, the baby and 3 year old can share a room. But if it is a girl I am in trouble as my 12 year old is not wanting to share with a 3 year old. Over the next year we are planning to finish our basement off and there is a room in there. My older one really wants to go down there but it will take time and money to finish it.

Anyone with the same situation?
    Amy

2. Advertisement

robin
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hi Amy,
    I only have 1 child now and 1 on the way. We live in a 3 bedroom and I'd love tons of kids. I've always thought at least 3 kids which means there'd be some sharing.

Our basement isn't really a great option, it's not finished and it's so dark down there. We'll see I guess.

Good luck in your decision...and BTW, I shared a room with my brother (he's 3 yrs younger) most of my childhood and all of my high school years. (in a small room), it wasn't great but it worked.
    ~Robin~
    DD through adoption
    DS through IVF
    DS though FET
    3 angels in heaven

Cathie
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have three kids from my first marriage. Two girls 13 and 5 and One boy 8. We live in a 4 bedroom house, 2 main floor 2 down stairs. With twins on the way we are trying to figure out the best way to fit everyone in. We were planning on building a house in the next year or so, but have started looking at plans now so we can get started. We will not be done by the time the babies are here so we are going to have to squeeze for awhile. I think we are going to get bunk beds for the 5 and 8 year old and let them share a room. I don't think they will mind for a while. They will all get their own rooms back when we get to the new house. Good Luck trying to figure it out, it is not an easy decision to make.
    Cathie

smileygirl
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    We live in a two bedroom apartment (while dh is in school) and our two-year-old b/g twins share a room right now. For the first while after the baby is born, he/she will sleep in our room in a cradle. Then, after a few months, we'll do our best to transition him/her into the other bedroom with the twins. I'm really dreading this as my twins have always been reallly good sleepers! We'll see how things go, but I do not want the baby in my room permanently!
    Lindsay
    & ~ 02/03
    ~ 01/06
    ~ 12/08
    ~ 12/11

PickleSpice
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have a 4-bedroom so everyone has their own room. I can understand why a 12-year-old would not want to share his room with a toddler! I'd imagine a pre-teen/early teenager would want his privacy! I think that the 3-year-old could room with the baby regardless of gender until maybe past preschool age? Then you could decide what to do.

Fayettc
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I have a 4yr old son and twin 18 mo girls. The girls share a room already, seem to love that. They have a nursery off the room as a toy room and later a doll room I guess. This baby will be #4 so if a boy it will eventually bunk with big brother, if girl we will wait and see. We do have a guest room still so guess if need be can be used. Time will tell.

Faye
    First came Love, then came marriage DH '97
    then came years of ttc, then came:
    Ian 2/6/01
    Shannon/Allison 12/29/03
    Sean 1/10/06 - our natural miracle

Mom2trips&2
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Oh yes...we share LOTS Right now we are three bedrooms. Audrey, the 16mo, rooms with DH and I, the triplets ( 3yo - g/g/b ) share a room, and my ss - 8yo, has his own room. Now, we are finishing th ebasement and are going to be sure to finish the bedroom down their before this baby arrives. Ten, things get interesting...initially the plan is to move they 8yo downstairs, the 16mo into his room, leave the 3yo's together and have the baby in our room. If we do that for 2 years, then they will be 2, 4, 6, 6, 6, and 11 and we will do as follows. If baby is a girl, she and Audrey ( than 2yo &4yo ) will share, the two 6yo girls will share, and the 6yo & 11yo boys will share, and after 4 years, DH and I will have our own room If baby is a boy, then the then 11yo boy will have his own room, the girls, 6yo, 6yo and 4yo will all share, and the boys, 2yo and 6yo, will share, and yes, DH and I will have our own room While I am hoping for a boy to sort of "even things out", I think a girls would work best for sleeping arrangements...but we will see

~Carmen
    Mommy to Courtney- 3 months old, Audrey- 2yo old, Hailey, Destiny, and Andrew (28wkers)-4yo also Step Mommy to Tommy Jr-9yo

"Let’s impeach the president for lying, And leading our country into war" - Neil Young

Khrissys3girls
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have the same situation as you do but I have 3 girls but they are triplets. They will be sharing a room when the baby is born because we only have a 3 bedroom house. I know in time that we will probably put an addition on the house and make it a 5 bedroom home but not right now. My girls are still small and everyone can fit nicely but we know that will change in a few years!!! We do have 3 full bathrooms so that helps with the 3 girls!!!!
    Khrissy (33), DH (44)
    IVF#2 2001 - BFP!!!
    lucky mommy of triplet girls Lindsey, Kaylee, & Carly born 8/30/01
    FET #2 BFP!!!
    John Thomas (J.T.) born 1/17/06 8lbs. 11oz. 21 inches and so YUMMY!!!

Gogibean
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I have a 3yr old DS and a 1 yr old DD. They have their own rooms right now. We have a 4 bedroom house. The fourth room right now is a guest room which I would like to leave that way. My parents visit often and I would like for them to have a nice place to sleep. Depending on what this baby is then we will probably put it in with the other child of the same sex. Roomwise, another boy would be good because my DS's room is bigger and has a huge closet. I am thinking the baby will stay in our room the first few weeks anyway until we figure it all out.

Jodi