FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Weekly Updates- Monday 6/20

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gogibean
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Weekly Updates- Monday 6/20

Hi everyone!

Time seems to be flying. I think with this being my 3rd, I just am so busy that it has really gone by fast. I will be 12 weeks in 2 days!!! YIPEEEE!!! I am so excited I can stop the progesterone. I have been feeling very good lately. I hardly have any m/s at all anymore. I am just so thankful for this considering what I went through my last pg. I have also gotton some energy back and I am not taking a nap every day. It was so hard for a while being a walking zombie!!!

I go in on Wed for my First Trimester Screening or nuchal scan. It will be so great to see the baby again!! I can't wait. Other than that, my next OB appt isn't for another 3 weeks.

I hope everyone else is doing great. I can feel the baby move almost every day now. It is very reassuring. Even though this is my 3rd, I am still amazed that there is a tiny baby growing inside of me. What a true miracle this is!!

Can't wait to read everyone eles's updates!!

Jodi
    11w5d

2. Advertisement

Amyk
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Jodi -

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling so much better. I am definitely feeling better than before but I still have my moments. Can you believe that you're almost in the second trimester?! I can't wait to hear about your nuchal scan - mine's two weeks from Wednesday.

I'm doing good, nothing new and exciting to report. I'm still waiting to feel the baby move, but I know it's still early. I'm still tired and I'm continuing to take naps. We've told all of our families and they're very excited. I've got my monthly book club meeting tonight and I'm not sure if I'll be telling people or not (one of my good friends who is in the club already knows) but it might be a bit obvious when I'm one of the only ones not drinking wine. One of the girls has suffered from primary IF and I hate to bring it up in front of her, kwim?

Hope everyone else is doing well!
    Amy
    Mommy to Sam (August 2002) and Lucy (December 2005)

pepper
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just when I thought everything was getting better, I *almost* hurled last night and did this morning. Oh well. I ran out of phenergen so I may have to ask for more.

We told our families this weekend. They are so happy and excited for us!

I ordered a Baby Beat over the weekend and it is shipping today. I can't wait to get it. I hope I can hear the heartbeat soon.

I am thinking of switching to another OB/midwife practice. I have always wanted to try waterbirth and I just found out that a hospital about 40 minutes away (no traffic) - 60+ minutes (rush hour traffic) offers waterbirth and a midwife at a nearby practice aids in waterbirth there.

Kelly
    8w4d
    next appt 7/5

LisaKay
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My m/s is a little better. Evenings are the worst. The tiredness is hitting full force. I am sitting here now fighting to stay awake. I'm finally not feeling hungry all the time.

That's about all for me this week.
    Lisa

robin
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I had my first OB appt today. I had an u/s with my RE last monday and then had another today with OB. I got to hear the heartbeat which is a new thing for me! Yeah. I loved it. It was 169 (the rate). I go back in 4 weeks which is hard for me, because I'm used to seeing my RE every week! I want constant assurance that everything is OK. I was pregnant only one other time and that ended in m/c at 7 weeks. We've been trying 9 yrs! I hope everyone else is having a good week!

Robin
    ~Robin~
    DD through adoption
    DS through IVF
    DS though FET
    3 angels in heaven

RiTay
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I went in for my 11 week check-up today ( I'm 10w6d). I had an ultrasound and the baby looked amazing...saw the arms, legs, head, spine, and of course heart beat...how absolutely amazing. My mom came with me today...she was so excited! I have my first OB appointment next week at 12 weeks! I am looking forward to it.

As for how I am feeling...actually over the last week or so, the m/s has gotten worse, but I'm hanging in there. Plus, I'm not all that hungry, or when I am I am SO hungry, but then can only eat a little bit.

Glad to hear the others doing well. Hope everyone else is well too.

Gwen
    Dec 2005
    Sept 2014
    March 2015 BFP!! It's twins!! EDD 11/27/15

TriciaJ
    is blessed
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Well, so far so good. Fromw hat I can see, we have a Gummy Bear. We saw the arm and leg buds, saw & heard the hearbeat and got to see the little ones spine. I'll be calm for a day or two and then I'm sure I'll be back to worrying but it is just a part of this pregnancy that I'll learn to live with. I have a call in for my initial OB visit. My RE wants me to go back to my original OB (even though I don't want to) and see how he does, if I'm not satisified with his suggestions for my care than my RE will refer me to another Dr. So, we'll see I suppose. My M/S comes and goes, it definitely has a mind of its own and the fatigue isn't too bad. I'm 7w5d and the baby is measuring 8w1d so that is good. In the meantime here is my little gummy.
    Tricia
    Blessed with my soul mate on 9/21/1996

Then we were both blessed with:
    DD-Sydney 7/29/1997
    DS-Ryan b/d 6/25/2004
    DS-Joshua 6/25-26/2004
    DS-Nathan 1/19/2006
    ^i^ 6/99 (ectopic) & ^i^ 11/01 (m/c)

AmyV
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love to hear everyones updates. I am starting to feel much less tired over the last 3 days and never had m/s so I am good there. I get to listen to the bean everyday with the babybeat I rented, very reassuring. I go for an ob visit on thursday.

I am glad to hear everyone is doing well
    amy

thea
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an OB appointment this Wednesday then the nuchal fold test on Thursday. I'm looking forward to the two ultrasounds. I've been able to hear both heartbeats with the babybeat which is very reasurring. I think later this week or next week I'll be telling work I'm pregnant. I feel like I'm getting huge, but no one seems to have noticed yet (at least no one has said anything).

thea
    11w4d

suzintexas
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone,
    I am 10 weeks now and have left the RE and seen the OB now. I feel better now that I am in the hands of the super smart perinatologist who delivered both of my girls. As we feared, the twin did, indeed die, but the other baby is doing very well and looked great on u/s. I go in next Thursday for the nuchal translucency scan. I will feel so much better once we get past that.

I am very tired and sick most of the time still. I am also getting very very thick around the middle and having a hard time fitting into any of my clothes. I am down to 1 pair of shorts and 2 pairs of capri pants and only a handful of tops that I can wear. The maternity stuff is still too big, but dressing is a definite challenge these days.

We still have not told anyone except my parents and 1 friend here. I am anxious to share the news, but DH wants to wait. We are also wanting to keep the news from the girls (ages 7 and 3) for as long as possible in case something happens. I was almost busted on Friday though because my 7 yo got in the shower with me to wash her hair and started screaming that mommy has a fat tummy and mommy is pregnant. I just laughed at her and she never insisted on an answer, but I am guessing she is catching on. She has been pretending to be pregnant a lot lately and many of her Barbies are also having babies, so she seems to know something is going on.

It's great to hear that everyone is doing so well (except the m/s). Keep those updates coming!

Suz
    dx: balanced translocation, ttc #3 for 2.5 yrs
    2 DDs and 7
    Since 5/03 -17 cycles fert. drugs, 14 IUIs, 4 m/c, 1 lap, 3 IVFs transferring 18 embryos all BFNs
    last IUI 4/25 to use dh's frozen sperm before quitting for good - BFP! I can't believe it!
    Miracles do happen - It's twins - 2 heartbeats seen and heard on 5/27!
    6/7 we lost a twin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast