FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Weekly Updates- Monday 6/13

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Gogibean
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Weekly Updates- Monday 6/13

Hey Everyone,

Please feel free to post about how you are doing, upcoming appts. etc. I am off to the OB for my appt. this morning so I will update when I get home.

Belly Rubs!!!

Jodi
    10w6d

2. Advertisement

pepper
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think I have gotten the m/s under control now, I did get a script for phenergen and take it when I am feeling bad. I try to eat all the time and drink as much as possible. My next OB appt is 7/5, unless the m/s gets worse.

Sometimes I have a really bad cramp in my tummy - maybe it's gas? I have not had any spotting or bleeding.

Kelly
    7w4d

Gogibean
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Kelly- I am so glad you are feeling better. I will never forget who sick I was with DD. It was horrible.

I had my u/s today at 10w6d. I measured at 10w5d so they said that was great. I saw the babies arms and legs moving all over. It was so cool. The baby also looked like it was praying, it's hand were together. SO SWEET!!! I only have 1 more week of progesterone supps and I am counting down the days. I cannot wait to not be leaking all day long!! UGHHH

I am scheduling a first trimester genetics test called the ultrascreen. They measure the baby's nuchal fold and also do bloodwork along with it. This is a farily new test offered here. It needs to be done in between 11-14 weeks so sometime this month. I will probably still do the AFP in the second trimester also.

My m/s is still there hit and miss. Spme days are great, others are not. My biggest problem this pg has been smells. They really set me off. I went into Subway the other day with DH and had to leave immediately because the smell made me so sick. Then we walked into another restaraunt and out again we went. My DH was trying to be understanding but he was starving!!! I can't even open the dishwasher if there are dirty dishes because I gag at the smell. It's driving me crazy but I will take it any day over the m/s I had last time around!!!

Anyway, that's all to update for now. Can't wait to read everyone elses.

Jodi
    10w6d

hope2004
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Hi

My M/S seems to be getting worse...I keeping thinking positive and telling myself...It's going to get better in a couple of weeks...and maybe I'm a nutcase but as bad as I feel when I have it, I LOVE having it. I know that everything is still okay.
    My sense of smell is so acute that I smell EVERYTHING. I even have a difficult time feeding the dogs because their dog food is just the most disgusting thing to me right now and their little doggie Vitamin just does me in. I've been able to cook a few meals but by the time I'm done I've lost all my appetite for it - so I think it defeats the purpose except it makes dh happy to be eating a decent meal.

I'm scheduled for my first appt with my peri tomorrow. I don't really know what to expect...but I'm very excited. I'm so used to seeing my RE that this will be a totally new experience.

Petra

smileygirl
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Well, the good news is that we have our very first OB appointment on Wednesday!! I'm sooooo looking forward to this visit and hoping that we'll get to see our little bean via u/s! I *need* to know if there's only one in there this time!! I'll really feel like this pg is official after my appointment! I'll be sure to update, of course!

I feel pretty good most days, although by the evening, I feel bloated, exhausted and a little nauseous. It's hard for me to even THINK about food without feeling like I'm going to gag! Speaking of gagging, I can't hardly brush my tongue (while I'm brushing my teeth) without dry heaving!! Oh, I remember this well from last time around!! I'm starting to have to get up in the early morning to pee and it's hard for me to fall back to sleep, so I try and hold it as long as I can! My boobs are also still tender and feel like they are enormous already! Dh is liking that, lemme tell you! I feel like I'm sailing right through the first trimester and can't believe I'm almost 10 weeks already!! I hope the rest of the pregnancy flies by, too! I already can't wait to meet this little one!
    Lindsay
    & ~ 02/03
    ~ 01/06
    ~ 12/08
    ~ 12/11

suzintexas
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi girls,
    We are doing pretty well here. I am still very nauseated, but not throwing up. I am eating a lot, but having a hard time finding foods that taste good to me. I guess I have gained about 4 pounds. I am still very tired and try to lay down every chance I get. I am finally about over my cold, also.
    I have my 1st apptmt with the perinatologist on Thursday. She is the same doc who delivered both of my girls, so I am looking forward to getting back uder her care. I trust her so much. A part of me is in denial about the lost twin and is holding out hope that the peri will see that the twin is actually still growing and thriving. I realize that that probably won't happen, but I probably also will not fully accept that I have lost poor little twin B until I hear it from her rather than just the RE's tech.

I am glad to hear the rest of you are doing well.
    Jodi, congrats on a great apptmt. - it sounds like things are going well!
    Petra, sorry about the m/s, but I guess it is a good sign. I hope your bleeding subsides soon, too!
    Smileygirl, I can't wait to hear your update Wed. - good luck!
    Kelly, glad the m/s is slowing down!

Take care girls!

Suz
    dx: balanced translocation, ttc #3 for 2.5 yrs
    2 DDs and 7
    Since 5/03 -17 cycles fert. drugs, 14 IUIs, 4 m/c, 1 lap, 3 IVFs transferring 18 embryos all BFNs
    last IUI 4/25 to use dh's frozen sperm before quitting for good - BFP! I can't believe it!
    Miracles do happen - It's twins - 2 heartbeats seen and heard on 5/27!
    6/7 we lost a twin

AmyV
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello all

Sounds like everyone is doing well with exception to M/S. I dont have anything exciting to tell. No M/S here but I never had it with my other two either. Smells do make my stomach turn especially at work for some reason. I rented a doppler and listen to the heartbeat every day. It is getting easier to find by the day.

I am glad everyone is doing so well, lets keep it that way girls!

Amy

LisaKay
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had my first OB appt yesterday. DD is officially Jan 13th. Everything checked out o.k. My vitamins are making me more nausated so they gave me others to try. Dr. didn't try to listen to the heartbeat. At first I was like, why isn't he going to listen for it? Then he sent us for an u/s to check the heartbeat. That made me happy. I only go to the appts. to hear the heartbeat but getting to see it is much better.

We decided to not to try for a VBAC. Lee weighed 9lb 7oz and even with being induced I didn't dilate pass one. It seems too risking for the baby to us and Dr. to try for a VBAC.

I am nausated all day and by evening I'm really worn out from it. The thought of food makes my stomach turn even more. I tried eating more yesterday and by evening was so tired of eating. LOL I'm hoping this only lasts as long as it did with Lee, until about wk 14. I try not to complain about it much because I know it is a good thing.

My reg. clothes no longer fit. I don't feel like I'm showing enough for mat. clothes but I'm wearing them just because I already have them. I will have to go out and buy some summer ones, though.

I am much more emotional this time around. I think I may have had one crying spell with Lee. I've already had 3. The other night I just lost it. Poor DH, he doesn't know what to do when I'm like that. It is so unlike me. The other night he just rubbed my arm. Which was nice just know he was there.

Lindsay, I think I'm more excited about your appt. than mine. LOL
    Lisa

Amyk
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like everyone is doing pretty good although we're all suffering from a little m/s. I'm feeling a bit better this week, I think my plan of eating all the time is helping. Plus I tried jolly rancher candies and lollipops in the late afternoon and those seem to help soothe (or maybe trick) my stomach. Plus I'm super tired, I've been napping almost every day - at least on the days that Sam naps.

I've also got a sore back and my nurse-practitioner told me that I shouldn't bend over to pick-up and carry Sam. Try explaining that to a toddler.

Nothing else too exciting here, just waiting to get out of this trimester into the second one and hoping that I feel better when that starts.
    Amy
    Mommy to Sam (August 2002) and Lucy (December 2005)