FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Does Anyone Feel Like They are Showing Yet

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    tasha
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Does Anyone Feel Like They are Showing Yet

I really don't feel like I look pg, just fatter. I am already having trouble with my pants and I just feel fat. When pg with Riley I felt great about myself right up until the end, but this time I just feel soooo gross. Am I the only one??

tasha

2. Advertisement

LisaKay
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't feel like I'm showing but I can't wear any reg. clothes. Today I put on a maternity top and it was huge. I don't want to buy anything new for this in between stage because I know soon I will have to wear my mat. clothes.

As far as how you are feeling I have a friend who is due in Nov and she just told me the other day she feels the same way you do. She loved every second of being pg her first time and this (her second) she feels disgusted by her body. So I'm not bothered by this.

I would guess those feelings are very normal.
    Lisa

RiTay
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I'm being a little to eager to be showing. I keep thinking that I am starting to thicken up a little bit, but then my clothes still fit me just fine. So I don't know if I am yet or if it's just my imagination. I have gained about 3-4 pounds, which is great, and I think it's because I am eating better. This is my first pregnancy, so I know most people show a little later. But I would have to say, no I don't think I'm showing yet, but I keep expecting it any day! Maybe I'm weird.

Gwen
    Dec 2005
    Sept 2014
    March 2015 BFP!! It's twins!! EDD 11/27/15

tasha
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Gwen - You are not weird, the first time around I was still in my regular clothes at 13 weeks and I kept thinking, come on when is this belly gonna pop but the second time around has been a totally different story for me so far. I am hoping that once I start looking pg that I will feel better and not just FAT!!

tasha

Gogibean
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I wish I was showing and not ljust looking pudgier by the day!!! UGHHh I now remember how much I hate this stage. Nothing fits, maternity is too big, it is so frustrating. I have like 2 pairs of capris that still fit and I just keep repeating them over and over. I have been hunting for some long shirts, but I am prety tall so finding them really long for me has been tough. It seems likes I started popping early this time but it has leveled out now. None would guess I am pregnant. People who know me would proably just think I had put some weight on. It seems like I am gaining weight in my hips and butt and not so much my tummy!!! The nurse today said that is normal to prepare your body for the pg. I just wish I had clothes that fit and I felt cute in.

Gwen- My first pregnancy I was so small that when I got to the hospital in labor they were surprised. It took me forever to even look pg. The second pg I showed a few weeks earlier and got bigger, but my baby was 1 1/2 lbs bigger also. Who know what will happen this time.

Jodi
    10w6d

hope2004
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    I'm very anxious to start showing but it's not happening yet. I think it's probably too early yet. I have a couple of pants that have gotten tighter that I can still wear but that are just uncomfortable now. I'm thinking that in a few weeks we'll all start having a little belly

Petra

smileygirl
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Well, it's not obvious to anyone else yet, but I'm definitely poochin' out a little down there! I was proudly showing my "growth" to dh last night and he's really excited!! I'm still doing ok in my normal clothes, but I'm anxious to get into maternity clothes! I'm sure those of us second- and third-timers will be showing soon!
    Lindsay
    & ~ 02/03
    ~ 01/06
    ~ 12/08
    ~ 12/11

Khrissys3girls
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am starting to get alittle thicker myself. No one else can notice but me but that's because no one has to wear my clothes. Very soon I am gonna have to pick & choose through my wardrobe. With my last pg with my triplets I just moved right into legging at 5 weeks and then maternity at 8 weeks but I could fit into them and I got much bigger faster. I know this will be a more gradual process which I am thankful for!! I have put on aboput 2 lbs so far so I am happy with that. My goal is to not gain over 30lbs this time around. Good luck everyone!!!
    Khrissy (33), DH (44)
    IVF#2 2001 - BFP!!!
    lucky mommy of triplet girls Lindsey, Kaylee, & Carly born 8/30/01
    FET #2 BFP!!!
    John Thomas (J.T.) born 1/17/06 8lbs. 11oz. 21 inches and so YUMMY!!!

CAKI
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    My pants are getting tight, but still can wear them. My bras are the things that are going to need to be replaved the soonest. The cups are getting smaller and its getting tight going around. I am having a hard time buttoning my shirts, I usually have to leave the top button open now. DH thinks its great!

Cathy