FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Anyone thinking about names yet??

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    smileygirl
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Anyone thinking about names yet??

I know it's still really early for all of us, but I'm obsessing over baby names already!!!!

We have several girl names on the list, but we have absolutely NO boy names!! I like a couple, but dh isn't agreeing. I bought a new baby name book and am pouring over it trying to find SOMETHING that we can agree on! I sure hope this baby isn't a boy or he may remain nameless his entire life!

If you have any names on your list or that you're contemplating, care to share?
    Lindsay
    & ~ 02/03
    ~ 01/06
    ~ 12/08
    ~ 12/11

2. Advertisement

Gogibean
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Well, we are still not sure also. We have decided to NOT find out the sex of this baby. We found out the last two times and we really want the surprise at least once. We already have boy and girl clothes so there's not much needed to do anyway.

The funny thing about names. About a week before I found out I was pg, Dh and I were having a discussion on baby names. We were talking about the remote possibility our last FET would work. He absolutely LOVES the name Jaxon for a boy and we could call him Jax. I really don't care for the name at all. So I said, "Hey tell you what. If we ever get pg naturally and it's a boy, then you can name him Jaxon." I NEVER in my wildest dreams thought that would ever happen.

So, here we are and he still wants that name so bad. What can I do, go back on my word? Do I go with it and not like the baby's name. I have tried really hard but it just doesn't work for me. I don't want another J name also. Jacob and Jaxon would just be a mouthful together.

As for girl names, our front runner is Caitlin. We both like it alot but I have some reservations about how popular is has become. Of course, having a Jacob has made me very aware of what that is like!!! I love Delaney's name and I really want to find another that I LOVE!!!!

I guess we have more time since we are not finding out the sex. I hope we can agree on something soon!!

Jodi
    9w4d
    Last edited by JodiSD; 06-04-2005 at 02:49 PM.

smileygirl
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Jodi-

I *think* we've decided that we aren't going to find out the sex of this baby either because we already have one of each and this kiddo will be born the same season as the twins so we have LOTS of clothes for either sex! I'd love to be surprised in the delivery room, but I'm not sure I can stand the suspense!! Be strong, be strong!!!

I'm just one of those types that wants things set waaaay in advance! I won't settle until I find something I LOVE!

Jaxon is a nice name- VERY popular (various spellings, although I know two persnally with that same spelling) from where I'm from!
    Lindsay
    & ~ 02/03
    ~ 01/06
    ~ 12/08
    ~ 12/11

Gogibean
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Lindsay,

I like the name Jackson or Jack for short. I just don't like Jax. I know that Jackson is so popular, but I have never heard of a Jax before.

I am like you. It is really important for me to find something I LOVE!!! I have always loved Jacob so that was a no brainer. When we heard the name Delaney we both LOVED it so that was easy. Now, with both our girl and boy name taken, we are stumped.

STAY STRONG yourself!!!!! We can do this!!! My kids are all the same season also so no probs there. We HAVE to be strong. I just know that I won't be able to look at the u/s because I can spot the sex before the tech usually. I told DH he can't even come for fear he will see also. I really want this surprise so I am just going to have to get past that 20 week u/s. Then it should be smooth sailing!!

Jodi

RiTay
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My partner and I have had a boy and girl name picked out since before I was even pregnant. We are very set on the names and all of them have a significant meaning to us.

Boy: Riley Edward
    Girl: Julia Mae

We both love the names, and I can't imagine that either of them will change.

I like Jaxon ok, and I have not heard of any kids with that name. I think Jax is cute. But I think it's important to find a name that you can agree on, but it can be so hard. You have plenty of time...good luck. I can post a list of names that I love. I've been a baby name fanatic since I was a little girl, so I have many sources.

Gwen
    Dec 2005
    Sept 2014
    March 2015 BFP!! It's twins!! EDD 11/27/15

Fayettc
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    We will be finding out, I am to wanting to be prepared for what the baby is boy or girl. As for names we are set on a boy. The name is a family name Wesley David and as for a girl well I want something to go with Shannon, Allison and Ian so I thought of Gwendolyn and call her Gwen maybe but Dh is not 100%sold but likes it as well. He likes Ainsly and I don't! And he always like Emmily but it is so very very popular and I would rather not have 3 Emily's in the same grade. So Will think more on the girl name I guess. But so far it is Wesley David and Gwendolyn Faye.

Faye
    EDD 1-16-06
    First came Love, then came marriage DH '97
    then came years of ttc, then came:
    Ian 2/6/01
    Shannon/Allison 12/29/03
    Sean 1/10/06 - our natural miracle

RiTay
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love Gwendolyn, but then, I am biased because that is my name...I'm Gwendolyn Louise.

Gwen
    Dec 2005
    Sept 2014
    March 2015 BFP!! It's twins!! EDD 11/27/15

smileygirl
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Any boys name suggestions?? I'm not too fond of traditional names, but don't want something TOO farfetched! A little in between- unique, but not too bizzare or popular- if you know what I mean!
    Lindsay
    & ~ 02/03
    ~ 01/06
    ~ 12/08
    ~ 12/11

Gogibean
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Gwen,

I'll take you up on the name help. Anytime you want, I'd love some help with boy names. I'm looking for something that is not hugely popular but is not bizarre either. No wierd spellings etc. I am really at a loss for a boys name. If I don't start coming up with some soon, I'm afraid I'll cave to Jaxon. PLEASE help me out!! LOL

By the way, I LOVE the name Julia. It was on my short list before the birth of our 1st. If we had twins they would have been Jacob and Julia.

Thanks,

Jodi

50/50
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Smileygirl:

Here are boy names we are considering...we like different spellings and non traditional names.

Aiden (top choice, but reconsidering since it has become pretty popular these days)
    Adler
    Kieran
    Kayden
    Keeyan or Kian

Good luck!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast