FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
activity level?

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    nette79
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

activity level?

I'm wondering how you mothers are doing with the activity level of your children while in early pregnancy? My trio are two and very good kids, but quite active as any two year old should be. I find myself obsessing over what could possibly cause damage to my pregnancy. Lifting, running and all of the things a mom does with their kids. Is it ok to resume activity level as normal. I wish I could get in to my ob earlier to discuss these things, but I can't make an appointment until after my orientation with the doctors on Monday. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated from you ladies!
    nette

2. Advertisement

Gogibean
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Well, when i found out I was pg I stopped working out because I was spotting. Now that the spotting has been gone for a few weeks, I have yet to resume my work outs because I am sooooo dang tired all the time!!!! I have a 3 yr old and a 1yr old so I am on the move all day. They literally have been wearing me out. At first I was really worried about lifting them, but there are times when it is just inevitable. I think about everything I did before I knew I was pg and realize that lifting my babies is not going to do anything to hurt this pg.

I have always heard that if you are used to a certain activity level it is fine to remain at that. Dr's only caution against starting new activities that your body isn't used to. You are obviously used to running around after your little ones and I am sure that your body is too. I wouldn't worry about it. That little baby is very well protected in there. Women have chased after kids for centuries while pg, so it is nothing new.

That being said, I hope you do get some rest because I can only imagine running after 3!!! I am barely making it with my 2!!!

Jodi
    9w3d

nette79
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thank you for the reply Jodi! I think I just needed some reassurance that it was going to be ok. My pregnancy with the trips was very protected, I couldn't do much of anything. So this is a big change and something I just need to get used to! I am too tired, but nothing like my first pregnancy so its nice to be able to enjoy it. That being said, its only the beginning so who knows how I'll feel a couple of weeks from now. LOL
    Thank you once again for the reassurance. I hope for another great update from you very soon!
    nette

smileygirl
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Well, I have two year old twins, so I sorta know how you feel! I haven't really done anything different that I had before, although I'm trying not to carry my two as much anymore. I do try to nap while they are napping, which helps recharge my batteries for the remainder of the day.

Where are you in Cali?
    Lindsay
    & ~ 02/03
    ~ 01/06
    ~ 12/08
    ~ 12/11