FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Well Not Sure How to Take Family Comments

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Fayettc
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well Not Sure How to Take Family Comments

I can say not everyone is thrilled we have been blessed with a natural pregnancy in our families. I can say not to be bias but my family is thrilled! Excited and happy. DH's family not including MIL, she was so happy she jumped for joy! That is nice but when you get "oh my what are two going to do, is dh going to need a 2nd job?" it just tears me up. We are fine and will be fine with one more, ugh. What can I say and not to be terribly mean like I want to be. I want to say, "HEY you saw us go through years of ttc, a mc and now to have a blessing come and your not happy, what is the matter with you people!" But I bite my tongue. I am just so mad about it. What would you all say in my situation.

Faye
    EDD 1-16-06
    First came Love, then came marriage DH '97
    then came years of ttc, then came:
    Ian 2/6/01
    Shannon/Allison 12/29/03
    Sean 1/10/06 - our natural miracle

2. Advertisement

nette79
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I am so sorry for the comments your receiving Faye. I understand completely, I've recieved a few myself. We have two year old triplets conceived IVF, and this baby happened as a miracle! I wish others understood how much we wanted this and held there comments to themselves. My mother is overjoyed, but my in-laws have similiar comments. My sil tried to reassure me by saying "Don't worry, you guys will be fine." I was thinking of course we will, we woulndn't of wanted to conceived again if it wasn't going to be ok!

The best thing is you know in your heart how excited and joyful you and dh are. Our families will come around when the pregnancy progresses, and they will wish they never made such senseless comments. Good luck to you and can't wait to go through this pregnancy with you.
    nette

Gogibean
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Faye,

I'm sorry you are having to deal with this. I san sort of sympathize. When people hear I'm pregnant they ask if it's my first or sometimes second when DS is in preschool. When I say 3rd, they are like, OH. It's wierd. It seems like people get way more excited on your first or second.

The thing is that it's your family and it really doesn't matter what other people think. This baby is so very special because of everything you went through. I understand that completely. All the years TTC, IVF's etc, for us and then to be blessed with this natural miracle. It is such a blessing that words cannot describe.

Hey, we are all happy for you here!!!!!!!!!! So who cares what anyone else thinks!! LOL Hang in there. They will be thrilled when the little one arrives.

Jodi
    9w2d

Fayettc
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks you gals!!

Faye
    First came Love, then came marriage DH '97
    then came years of ttc, then came:
    Ian 2/6/01
    Shannon/Allison 12/29/03
    Sean 1/10/06 - our natural miracle

smileygirl
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Oh Faye, I'm sorry to hear that your family is reacting as well as you'd hoped. I would think they would be thrilled for you!! I'm not sure what I'd do if I were in your situation. We're here for you!

How did you end up telling them?
    Lindsay
    & ~ 02/03
    ~ 01/06
    ~ 12/08
    ~ 12/11