FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
2nd u/s

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    baacbs
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

2nd u/s

Had our second u/s yesterday. We saw the heartbeat flickering! I just cried, I was so relieved and felt SO much better!!! Then the dr. surprised me by turning on a microphone and we heard it! It was awesome! I forgot the reassurance that can bring! Our daughter (she's going to be five in a few weeks) was with us and couldn't be happier! He said to come back in three weeks if we can stand to wait that that long! I said, how bout two weeks? He said whatever makes me feel good. So I finally am starting to feel among the "normal" pg people, you know? It's not easy and didn't happen over night! But I feel like I can take a deep breath.

So, now I'm worried about telling MIL. She deals w/everything by buying things. She didn't even know I was pg a few weeks ago and was saying "when you get pregnant w/#2,I'm buying a new car seat and stroller..." just stuff I'm not ready to hear or think about and makes me irritated! We have one already and dont need another one and I don't need to be overwhelmed w/her showing up with a bunch of stuff. If she does, I'll return it for the money and pay off fertility treatment! I don't know how to say it to her though and don't want to hurt her feelings. I thought about letting my DD tell her and prefacing it with "DD has something to tell you, but I need to let you know first, you will be happy and excited but we are not ready to have people bringing things to the house or buying things. We have other worries right now..." something like that? I don't know! Ideas!?

Also, techincally I'll probably have a c-section last week of Dec. but I want to stick w/you gals! So I'm due in January, but...

2. Advertisement

girlpooh
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's wonderful Baacbs!
    I remember you from the IUI boards, it's good to see things progressing along well. Is it a singleton?

Lana

baacbs
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    YES, it's just one! We were somewhat relieved by that! Obviously, given our circumstances we'd have been happy with whatever, but after having five mature eggs- we were hoping it wouldn't be more than two, but just one is perfect!

girlpooh
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well congrats!

nette79
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Congrats to you! The u/s is such a wonderful and emotional experience. I am so happy to hear that it went beautifully and you other child is enjoying it right along with you. Can't wait to enjoy our pregnancies together!!!!
    nette79

hoping4lil1
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is wonderful news with your u/s. I can just imagine your joy hearing the heart beat. I look forward to that moment, too.

All the best to you

Jackie

suzintexas
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on hearing the HB today - it is so awesome, isn't it? We got to hear both of our little ones today also. I am so happy!
    Suz
    dx: balanced translocation, ttc #3 for 2.5 yrs
    2 DDs and 7
    Since 5/03 -17 cycles fert. drugs, 14 IUIs, 4 m/c, 1 lap, 3 IVFs transferring 18 embryos all BFNs
    last IUI 4/25 to use dh's frozen sperm before quitting for good - BFP! I can't believe it!
    Miracles do happen - It's twins - 2 heartbeats seen and heard on 5/27!
    6/7 we lost a twin