FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
August IUI & IVF Cycle Buddies August 1st - August 30th

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Romy69
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    Thanks for keeping the FT going. I think there was an invitation on all threads to FB. Personally I think it won't work. FC has been my sanity for years.
    THANK YOU admin
    Likes Tulip1834 liked this post

2. Advertisement

SC-frewtygal
    is so very happy :)
    Site Coordinator
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by SC-Kelley M. View Post
    Hi ladies, Not to hijack the thread, but do you have any ideas on why Fertile Thoughts has lost popularity? Any ideas on what would revive it or improve it? I'm the Managing Editor of Fertile Thoughts and we're looking to update the forums in the hopes of pouring in some new love and energy into the community here. Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, likes, dislikes, must haves you can think of, please let me know! (You can reply here or message me privately) There's nothing off limits at this point as we're planning our next steps and looking for feedback from those who use the forums.

Wishing you both the best!
    Kelley
    Wish I knew Kelley!! I know a lot of the ladies I journeyed with, just moved on and even have an FB page where we still keep in touch. I do know a lot of ladies have complained about the app not being the most user friendly. Because of that, I never even downloaded it. It's tough to say why people left, other then life getting busy. I'm sure if there was more traffic on here people may come back. Maybe stream line the sections? There seems to be so many. That's all I have right now
    Married the love of my life 11/6/04

Me 38 (obesity, AMH)
    DH 40 (MFI - morph)

2010-14
    - IUIs/MC/Mini-IVF/Hyperplasia/D&C
    2015:
    - 5/16 FET:4AA 6d blast
    - Beta #1 5/24: 61
    - Beta #2 5/26: 131.6
    - Evan Andrew born @ 25w2d on October 20, 2015
    2016:
    - Hyperplasia recurrence/D&C/Until we decide to try again, IUD indefinitely with neg biopsies
    Thanks SC-Kelley M. thanked for this post
    Likes SC-Kelley M. liked this post

SC-frewtygal
    is so very happy :)
    Site Coordinator
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Romy69 View Post
    Thanks for keeping the FT going. I think there was an invitation on all threads to FB. Personally I think it won't work. FC has been my sanity for years.
    THANK YOU admin
    Aww...thanks! Wish it could have continued on. Glad it has helped you
    Married the love of my life 11/6/04

Me 38 (obesity, AMH)
    DH 40 (MFI - morph)

2010-14
    - IUIs/MC/Mini-IVF/Hyperplasia/D&C
    2015:
    - 5/16 FET:4AA 6d blast
    - Beta #1 5/24: 61
    - Beta #2 5/26: 131.6
    - Evan Andrew born @ 25w2d on October 20, 2015
    2016:
    - Hyperplasia recurrence/D&C/Until we decide to try again, IUD indefinitely with neg biopsies

Tulip1834
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Worried
    Hi ladies!
    Happy Sunday! I hope that things are going well in your worlds!

In response to Kelley's question, I think that when the site went down a couple of years ago, that was the beginning of it all. We couldn't sign in for over a month. A MONTH. That's a lonnnng time in cyberspace. Some of us were right in the middle of cycles and needed our "fertility sisters" and couldn't log on. It was very frustrating to say the least. Some people left and never came back. Others, like myself, left and tried continuously to log on until one day we were able to....and found that the site was no longer the same. Now people move on, but this was different. People moved on because they were forced. I decided to check in today just to see what was going on and there are 11 new topics. Eleven. I don't see anything for IVF, IUI, FET or DE for the month October or since August for that matter. I will continue to check in because I need to remember what it felt like to have constant support. My old threads help with that. I also use the site for inspiration.

In the end, I hope that it can bounce back. I don't know what to do to help with that, but I definitely suggest that the app is revamped. I tried to log on using it and I can't. I am assuming that it's been deleted. @Frewty, please don't stop the monthly post. Someone may need it....

Sorry for the long post ladies. Hope this helps someone!

QUOTE=SC-Kelley M.;8031410]Hi ladies, Not to hijack the thread, but do you have any ideas on why Fertile Thoughts has lost popularity? Any ideas on what would revive it or improve it? I'm the Managing Editor of Fertile Thoughts and we're looking to update the forums in the hopes of pouring in some new love and energy into the community here. Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, likes, dislikes, must haves you can think of, please let me know! (You can reply here or message me privately) There's nothing off limits at this point as we're planning our next steps and looking for feedback from those who use the forums.

Kelley[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Tulip1834; 09-30-2018 at 03:25 PM.
    Me: 38--DOR
    DH: 35--Healthy

3/15--Laparascopy
    4/15--Clomid 50 mg
    5/15--Clomid 50-100 mg*not monitored*
    6/15--Dx w/DOR
    11/15--IVF#1 Estradol Protocol- cancelled
    12/15--met with RE, then 2 more; 2nd RE--Natural IVF.
    1/16--no cycle.
    3/16 Cycle returned 1st of the month. At the end a cycle (or something) started.
    4/16 IVF turned into IUI--BFN

Tulip1834
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Worried
    Oh and another quick thing...I loved FT because it allowed me to be anonymous. Everyone isn't comfortable sharing their name and pic to the world and letting them know that they are having trouble getting pregnant. This way I can share to the moon and no one knows my real name or who I am unless I share it with them.

One more thing....where are the old threads!?!?!!?!? I tried to search for an old friend and an old thread popped up. I clicked on it and it's gone.....:'(
    Me: 38--DOR
    DH: 35--Healthy

3/15--Laparascopy
    4/15--Clomid 50 mg
    5/15--Clomid 50-100 mg*not monitored*
    6/15--Dx w/DOR
    11/15--IVF#1 Estradol Protocol- cancelled
    12/15--met with RE, then 2 more; 2nd RE--Natural IVF.
    1/16--no cycle.
    3/16 Cycle returned 1st of the month. At the end a cycle (or something) started.
    4/16 IVF turned into IUI--BFN

JL06
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SC-Kelley M. View Post
    Hi ladies, Not to hijack the thread, but do you have any ideas on why Fertile Thoughts has lost popularity? Any ideas on what would revive it or improve it? I'm the Managing Editor of Fertile Thoughts and we're looking to update the forums in the hopes of pouring in some new love and energy into the community here. Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, likes, dislikes, must haves you can think of, please let me know! (You can reply here or message me privately) There's nothing off limits at this point as we're planning our next steps and looking for feedback from those who use the forums.

Kelley

I agree that I think it’s because the site has been down at least once and people didn’t come back to it unfortunately. I was on a baby and bump site forum that used to be really popular too and has gone down to nothing. The only forums I see a lot of activity in are on bsbycenter but I haven’t checked others than those I mentioned.
    Good luck with revamping the site!
    me: 41 BF 46
    4 m/c all in weeks 5-6
    So grateful and amazed to be blessed with twins

SC-Kelley M.
    has no status.
    Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ladies!

Oh my gosh, THANK YOU for your feedback. I truly appreciate it I was out of the office for the last two weeks and these were wonderful to see when I logged in.

The mobile version is admittedly terrible. Making Fertile Thoughts mobile friendly is our number one goal. We are also migrating it to new servers which will help. Given the size of FT, it's taking some time and my IT team is having to be very meticulous to make sure everything gets moved--this may be why some of the older posts aren't available right now.

We're hoping that these few changes will stabilize the website so that it stops crashing (that month long one a few years ago was a real doozy) while we work to do a more detailed and nuanced update to the website.

Thank you so much for sticking with us. If you have any other ideas or insight, please feel free to comment here or PM me if you'd prefer. Also, special shout out to SC-frewtygal for not only letting me hijack her post, but for doing the hardwork every month of keeping these boards going. Your efforts are noticed and appreciated.

Best,
    SC-Kelley

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12