FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Was seen in the ER last night...

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Hesmysunshine
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Was seen in the ER last night...

Over the weekend, I woke up with really bad pain in my left side which went away after a couple of hours. Unfortunately it returned last night and my DH took me to the ER. I was finally seen about 5 hours later and lo and behold I am in the process of passing 2 massive kidney stones...WAHHHHH!!! I requested a beta b/c I am 8dpIUI and wanted to see if they would check by blood instead of only the urine b/c of it being so early. Unfortunately, doc said the urine tests they do are extremely sensitive and it was neg. for pg. I am now trying to grasp that and still have hope...not sure why though. If the test is correct, we are onto IVF, which scares me. I think I will have to check out the boards over there. Can anyone tell me if I should hold out hope?? They gave me Toradol (WONDERFUL pain med) which the doc said if he honestly felt the test was wrong, he would not have given it to me. I also had a CT scan and they said I wouldn't want that done if even 1 day pg. SO, now I worry if they are wrong and I had these procedures done if anything has hurt a young embryo. I hate this!!!
    Sorry for rambling, but needed to vent and wanted to update my situation.
    Thanks for listening!!
    Hope this finds you all well...

Tea~*
    Me 39, DH 51
    "Teddy" 1/15/07 after 4 long years of waiting and praying. The apple of my eye, the beating of my heart. I still can't believe I'm a Mama!

Faith is a living, daring confidence in God's grace, so sure and certain that a man could stake his life on it a thousand times. Martin Luther
    www.zibbet.com/beadsforthee

2. Advertisement

playitagainsam
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm ashamed to say I took an actual beta at 8dpiui, and it was BFN (level was <2). My beta at 12dpiui was 100+. DEFINATELY hold out hope!

Sorry about the stones!
    Jessica

PS I have a very hard time believing that a urine test at a dr's office would be as sensitive as a beta. It probably tests at 20 units hcg, which is good for a urine test, but WAY too premature at 8dpiui.
    me 26, dh 35
    IF issue: severe male factor
    dd Ryan Julia, 3 1/2 years old
    donor IUI October 13, '04--BFP!!!
    EDD 7/7/05 IT'S A GIRL!!! Wyatt Olivia

DrAussieMom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My goodness!! Well, I have seen some crazy stories here of when that cycle is positive......... keep hoping and surf the web for the meds you were given. If you had a chance of being pregnant, why did the Dr. give you those meds??

Hope2005
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I agree with the other girls, it probably was too early to test. Implantation could occur until day 12 so there's still hope and even though you took the medication, you might not be even 1 day pregnant YET. Try not to stress and wait a few days before testing again.

Fran27
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, 8 dpiui is way too early to know. Usually it's more reliable after 12-14 days.

Hesmysunshine
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Kris,
    When I asked the Dr. if he would do a beta, his response was that the urine tests they do are very sensitive and should have shown whether I am pg or not. It was in his opinion that the test they did was conclusive.

Of course (and thank you girls for your responses), I really didn't think about really how early it is. (I was near delirium b/c of the pain....poor DH...he sure goes the distance for me). Now, I am even doubly scared, but will check on the effect of the meds they gave me.

Am seeing a urologist tomorrow...please pray that all goes well, surgery is the last thing I want now, still hoping they pass on their own...in the meantime, I'm drinking enough to make my back teeth float...LOL (got to find the humor in everything, otherwise I'm doomed!!!)

Tea~*
    Me 39, DH 51
    "Teddy" 1/15/07 after 4 long years of waiting and praying. The apple of my eye, the beating of my heart. I still can't believe I'm a Mama!

Faith is a living, daring confidence in God's grace, so sure and certain that a man could stake his life on it a thousand times. Martin Luther
    www.zibbet.com/beadsforthee

Fran27
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Grr does this doc even know anything about how pgcy works??? I would think any doc who cares for their patients would know that 8 days after IUI is way too early to do any pg test, even more urine tests!!!! Even betas would not be reliable at 8 dpiui!

Best of luck, and keep us posted!

Melissa JW
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tea
    Dont give up. I think it is a bit to early as well. I know those things are a bad idea if you are PG, but at the same time, everything might be okay. Call your re and see what he/she says. I still think you should have hope. Dont give up!

Genevieve2003
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope you are feeling better. Have you considered taking another HPT? Are you about 11 dpIUI now? If so, a urine test should be accurate by this point. Also, don't worry about the baby if you are pg, my sister had multiple kidney problems during her last pg and had to be on many medications and her son is fine. Good luck to you and keep us posted.
    Genevieve
    TTC#1
    IUI/clomid (50mg)-10-04-04