FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
First IUI after reversal

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    SunnyMer
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

First IUI after reversal

This is my first post, so I am new to all this. My DH had a VR in 11/04. His counts are good (total count, morphology, and density), but his motility is still low at 15%. His urologist suggested we try IUI this cycle with no meds for me, since the problem is most likely just his low motility at this point. He has proven fertility with 2 children already, I am 24 with no children. My OB/GYN said everything looks good. Has anyone ever heard of IUI with no meds taken before the procedure? Will this affect our success? Any input would be great.

2. Advertisement

Carolyn32
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My first IUI was without any meds. Good luck!!

SunnyMer
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Was it successful?

AnnieKay33
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi sunny

I just wanted to tell you my quick story. My husband has slow motility also. Not because of a reversal though.....not sure yet why it's slow? Anyway I just got back from dr today and we are going ahead with IUI for the first time this month. He looked at all my BBT charts and I had prog. level done day 21 or something and they all indicate that I ovulate. So I asked about clomid with the IUI to increase our chances and he said I didn't need it. Most likely we aren't getting pg because his sperm are slow....35% motility. Anyway I'll be curious to see if this works! The thing with clomid he said is if you don't need it you might be over stimulating your ovaries which can be bad. So that's about all I know so far. If you have any more ?'s for me just let me know.....not sure if this helped you at all. Best of Luck -Annie
    Me 27 DH 28
    ttc 1 1/2 yrs
    DH-low ct & mot.
    Me-Ok
    IUI #1- Mar/05-BFN
    IUI #2- 4/15/05-50mgs clomid-BFN
    May 05 100mg clomid 50mg prog. & BMS

DH Lawrence
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi -

My wife and I did our first IUI unmedicated a few months ago since our only fertility issues are related to me (poor morphology, borderline motility). We weren't successful, but I know other women have been because I asked the same question here.

My urologist suggested we try no more than 2 unmedicated cycles before having my wife try clomid. Our second IUI she took clomid (4 eggs) and we conceived, but miscarried.

Regardless of your husband's issues, it will definitely increase your chances if you take fertility drugs since you are creating more targets for his sperm.

Good luck to you and your husband.