FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
New here and have a question

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Speed73
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

New here and have a question

Hi,

I am TTC#2 for the past couple of years. I had fertility issues when I was TTC#1 too (PCOS). I did one IUI then, which failed, but I concieved naturally (I still cannot believe it) on my rest cycle. Right now, I still do not ovulate on my own..sometimes not even with clomid, and male factor has been added to the equation. MY RE seems to think that IVF is the way to go..but due to financial reasons I am not sure if that is an option for us. DH's SA has just been done (his numbers from last year's analysis were low).
    My question is, can I still go with IUI ? What is the count / motility factor that is considered OK for IUI ? Any answer would be helpful.

Thanks a bunch. And I wish everyone here success in your attempts to get preg.

Speed.

2. Advertisement

DrAussieMom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I was told that 8 million is the minimum for a successful attempt, my Dr. will cancel with anything lower. That is 8 million post wash (taking into account all factors).

But, you didn't say how low that factor is, so it may be high enough to continue. Either way, I would try the good old fashion way, as you can see from these boards, there are so many exceptions and it only takes one.