FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Question about rest cycles

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    kelly18
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Question about rest cycles

I was wondering if any of you who have been on a "rest cycle" actually ovulated during that cycle. If not, did AF come on its own or did you have to induce somehow? During this rest cycle, u/s showed that my lining was very thin and my ovaries basically inactive. So I took Prometrium for 7 days and am now waiting for AF. But I doubt the witch can come if my lining was so thin. (Plus I feel no signs at all that she's coming.) I don't really love the idea of starting the injections in a few days even if AF has not come because that just doesn't seem like a good wayto begin a new cycle (which is what my RE said we'd just have to do).

Any ideas and insight would be great; thank you so very much! Kelly

2. Advertisement

JenniferK
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, I don't know. When I have a rest cycle I have to take BCP because I have so many cysts, so AF always comes after finishing the pills. Hope things work out for you.

Jenn

janslem
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am not sure because I too take BCP's due to cyst on a rest cycle. But it seems like no matter what you will get af after taking Prometrium, unless you were pregnant.

Janslem
    dx PCOS in 1995, hypothyriod in 1999
    6 injection cycles with 2 IUI!
    1 5/03, 1 chemical 10/01,
    1 blighted ovum 12/03

Braelyn Claire born 4/25/07

Carson Paul born 7/15/09

DrAussieMom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    On my rest cycle, I had to take the progestrone pills for 10 days, to trick my body to think it ovulated. Can you start injections before your AF, it seems to me that would just shed out during your AF if you did before?

I am on BCPs now, so shouldn't be a problem.

favresgirl
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    On my rest cycles I don't take BCPs or progestone (even if I have cysts), but AF always arrives pretty much on time for me, I've never had to do anything to force AF to arrive. I guess that would mean that I do ovulate on my own during rest cycles.

kelly18
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I really, really appreciate all of your helpful replies. I am so frustrated that I was not told to take BCP during my rest cycle and am not sure why I was not. Or from what Kris has said, perhaps I should have started the Prometrium sooner. I am feeling so impatient and confused -- aagh! Regardless, thank you for your responses.

Kelly

studiohuron
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Kelly
    A similar thing happened to me. I had a lining in the 3's and still got AF. It was very very light but it came. I haven't had AF on my own in several years (even during rest cycles). Anyway, Doc started me on Clomid and estrogen on CD3 day. When I went in for CD 13 my lining was in the 8's because of the estrogen.
    By any chance do you have low body fat?
    Hope AF comes for you soon!
    SH

kelly18
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    SH:

I am super-grateful for your reply as it sounds like you've been in the same boat as me! It's funny you should ask about the body fat issue b.c just today I had it tested at a friend's gym b/c I wanted to make sure it was high enough since I am thin and used to run. But I tested at 22% which should be enough. Was lack of body fat an issue for you? And are you about to do an IUI soon? I'll keep you in my thoughts!

Kelly

studiohuron
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Kelly

I was a member here and had a successful cycle but look here to check on everyone and to see if I can give any help.
    Body fat was a big issue with me -I tested around 11% and at that point was not responding to prometrium. Once i gained 8 lbs. my Af started coming showing up w/prometrium. Still with the weight gain my lining was thin and I couldn't ovulate on my own. I am and was a big gym junkie. Being on the estrogen was the KEY for me- I went many cycles before I was able to be cyst free, follicle ready and estrogen ready. Once those three were in place I got BFP; eventhough on that cycle on CD13 I had a 40 mm (cyst) and 22mm (same side) got hcg shot and IUI.

Also, my doctor felt doing bcp or progesterone were equally as effective. He said it was a matter of preference - some woman hate the estrogen in bcp and some hate the progesterone in prometrium.

Have you been on estrogen? Sounds like you should look into it.

Hope I helped or can help. Please feel free to ask me any questions.

SH

kelly18
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Again, thank you so very much, SH, for your reponse and I am thrilled to know that your story has quite a positive outcome. I agree that I may need an estrogen boost and will run it by my RE. Like you, I also have put on weight but my lining still seems thin. Unfortunately, I am not sure what to do now since I do not seem to have responded to the Prometrium. I really do not like the idea of just arbitrarily beginning injections without AF arriving. But as you pointed out, one can get pg without perfect conditions.

Since you were a frequent gym goer, how much or little did you during your 2ww?

Thanks again for all of your help! Kelly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast