FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Numbers questions - First ultrasound

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Nan75
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Numbers questions - First ultrasound

I'm on day 11 and just had my first ultrasound. I had two larger follices - one 17mm and one 13 - I'm supposed to come back in a few days for a second ultrasound and they will schedule my IUIs. My lining was 6mm. Any thoughts on that? I have no idea how to interpret these numbers....

I'm on my first cycle of 50mg of clomid.

Thanks, Nan

2. Advertisement

JenniferK
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds good, my RE likes the follies to be btwn 18-22 before stimming and IUI, so one is almost there, hopefully when you go back they will both be ready!

Jenn

DrAussieMom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Interesting you are waiting a few days, as the 17 could jump up. Are you going back in two days? That would seem reasonable, any longer that one may get too big.

The 13 may catch up, so it looks like 1-2 follicles, which is good. I had the same n my first round, but they bumped me up the following month, since they want 3-4 due to DH count.

The lining is anything above 5 is good, and anything above 8 is great. You are good.

Are you triggering?

Nan75
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much for the quick responses - you guys are great!

I'm going back Wednesday morning for a second ultrasound. The nurse said to expect to have the IUIs scheduled for Thurs/Fri morning. Yes - I am triggering with a ovidrel shot - will give me the instructions on wednesday...I guess that will be wednesday night.

How do they know I wont ovulate before on my own? I guess that's why they monitor blood too?

How many follicles are considered good for a clomid cycle? I already do 1 on my own, so I guess I was surprised that there was only 1 that was ready and one more that was smaller.

Does the second one usually catch up?

Also, does the lining thicken or thing throughout the cycle? Sorry to ask to many questions, but this is my first time and i have NO idea what to expect!

Thanks - Nan

DrAussieMom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Isn't it exciting to know what to ask!!!!! I love the questions!!!

Well, firt, if they did blood testing last month about 8 days after ovulation, they can tell if you ovulated on your own, and if you didn't, that may be the reason they are triggering.

The perfect number is 3 maybe 4, but it only takes 1!!!!!! Though you may not need another cycle, if you do, they will probably bump you up to see if they can get more of a repsonse.

I have had my second one catch up one cycle, and it didn't on the other cycle. Your next u/s will show, it is interesting how quickly the things change. Sometimes the lead slows down, sometimes the 2nd speeds up, sometimes they keep going just like they are.

You should see an improvement on your lining, if it doesn't, you may be put on progestrone. It should be above 5 at trigger, so make sure to get that number when you go in for the next u/s.

This is so exciting, fings crossed!!!!

Nan75
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm concerned that I may ovulate before I go in for my next ultrasound...tomorrow. Its day 12 for me...and i'm on clomid.

How do they control for that?

Also, how fast do follies grow? If I had a 13mm on Monday morning, any way of knowing how much bigger it can get by tomorrow?

Thanks, Nan

Nan75
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just an update...

At CD13, I had two follies: one at 22 & one at 14. So it looks like one, maybe two. Well, I guess it only takes one! Lining was 9mm so I'm really pleased with that.

Triggering tonight with ovidrel and then my first IUIs tomorrow and Friday.

A little nervous, but mostly excited....

Nan