FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
More Drama

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    ItzMe
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

More Drama

If this entire IF is not enough to make me crazy, DH & I went to the RE this am for mid cycle U/S. We saw another doc in the practice and a student. The student started the u/s & doc finished it. I have 2 eggs 19 & 20 so they gave me the trigger shot and I will have IUI on Tuesday & Wednesday am. I had a few questions and when I asked the first one the doc COMPLETELY blew me off and walked out of the room. I asked DH if it was just me being emotional or if he really blew me off and DH said doc was just wrong. When the nurse came in to give me the HCG shot I told her I was upset about what had happend and she said if I had questions, I would have to schedule a consultation with my regular doc. "An u/s appointment is not the proper time to ask questions". I was mad the entire way to work. When I got in, I called them back and talked to the office manager and told her no way was that doc doing the IUI and they would have to find a way for my regular doc to "work me in" to his schedule tomorrow and Wednesday. She told me really u/s isn't where you ask ?. How crappy is that???????? I told her if they bill for an office visit, I will pursue it as I believe that is insurance fraud. An office visit implies you are able to ask questions. I also told her since I was being used as a medical learning experience for the student, the least they could do was answer my questions. So now I'm mad at them and I'm worried about being stressed tomorrow and the next day. HELP!!!!!!!!!!! I can't go to another RE because they are the only practice in the area and that my insurance company contracts with.

Anyhow, if anybody can help with my questions, I'd greatly appreciate it.

1. My last menstral cycle was really only 1.5 days. Any ideas why? My lining has measured good (last cycle & this cycle). My cycle is usually only 26 days.

2. My first cycle I had 7 eggs, 2nd cycle 5 eggs and 3rd cycle 2 eggs. Does the quality of the eggs improve if you only have a few? Or is do your chances improve if you have more? Why did it drop so drastically?

Thanks for listening to my long drawn out ordeal. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. Advertisement

China2007
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Well if it is any consolation I think you are right. Of cours during a scan is the right time to ask questions. The doctor in the office has no real idea what the scanning doctor actually saw. I think that policy STINKS!!!!! Them all saying the same thing makes me think people have complained before and they have an answer all ready.

I can't really help with your questions. I would definitely ask your doctor when you see him and re-complain about your treatment.

I am wondering about your short cycles are you going 14 days after the IUIs? Are you put on progesterone? If you are not going 14 dpiui, if it is that part of your cycle which is short you should discuss progesterone supplements with your doctor. Sorry I don't know your dx maybe you already know this.

Good luck, sorry I can't help with your questions.

Beth
    ttc #2 on the bench
    B
    Dd 6 yo
    Dd LID April 19/06
    Just remember - if the world didn't suck, we would all fall off.
    http://addingaptothepod.blogspot.com/

ItzMe
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Beth,

Thanks for your kind words. That's exactly what I wanted to get at today is the progesterone supplements. We have done IUI on CD 14 & 15 and then I start my period 11 days later. I am concerned about that short phase. Our dx is unexplained.

Again, thanks for your comments.

China2007
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My leutal phase is sometimes 12 days and my doctor has put me on supplements. I think this is one you need to pursue until they give you what you need.

Good luck.
    Beth
    ttc #2 on the bench until the thaw.
    B
    Dd 6 yo
    Dd LID April 19/06
    Just remember - if the world didn't suck, we would all fall off.
    http://addingaptothepod.blogspot.com/