FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
AF arrived today, onto IUI #7

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    favresgirl
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

AF arrived today, onto IUI #7

Well, AF arrived today so it looks like we will be attempting IUI #7, our final IUI before having to decide whether to move onto IVF or not. I'm so ready to just throw in the towel and call it quits. If this final IUI doesn't work I don't know that I will be able to pay $20,000 to attempt an IVF that may or may not work. We are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel in our current debt situation (had almost $40,000 in credit card debt that we have been paying off for the last 5 years). With our tax returns and DH's work bonus we will have almost all of our debt paid off. I just don't know if I can get so close to being "out of the red" to turn around and get right back into it again. It has been so stressful trying to get these bills paid off...I just wish I had a magic ball I could look into to see what the future holds so I knew what decision to make. If insurance covered IVF, or even part of it, this decision would be so much easier!!! My dad owns a bar in my hometown and he said he would be willing to hold some sort of a fundraiser for us, to help us raise money to put towards the IVF, but I'm sure it wouldn't raise much, maybe $1,000 or so, and DH really isn't up for that, doesn't think we are so "needy" that we need a fundraiser. So, we will attempt the final IUI and hope and pray that it works and we won't need to make the IVF decision. IF sucks, it really, really sucks. I'm so unhappy right now. I don't even want to go in for my cd3 scan, I know that I am going to have leftover cysts and be benched for a month...but maybe that is what I need, a month off, a month to clear my head and destress as much as possible. Sorry this got so long, guess I needed to vent! Huge congrats to all the BFPs out there!!!!!

2. Advertisement

DrAussieMom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Monica - I am so sorry, I was hoping this was the one for you. Maybe the next one is it, and this month has been so much more enjoyable (maybe that isn't the right word), as we have chatted and had discussions here. You have made my last month bearable, and I thank you for it.

I hope you get the answers, and maybe this next month is the one.... best of luck and keep us posted on the CD3 scan.

China2007
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Oh hon I know exactly how you are feeling. We have done 7 IUIs ttc #2. I wish IVF were less expensive. I cannot see spending $20,000 on a less than guaranteed chance of sucess. I really hope you are not faced with that decision. My heart goes out to you.

Take your time and be good to yourself.

Beth
    ttc #2 on the bench
    B
    Dd 6 yo
    Dd LID April 19/06
    Just remember - if the world didn't suck, we would all fall off.
    http://addingaptothepod.blogspot.com/

chloe2
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    awww, monica.... BIG ((HUGS)) i cant imagine the heartache you are going through right now. i was so praying this was the cycle for you. nothing i can say will make it easier.... it just plain ol SUCKS A$$. gosh, the decision to do ivf????? have you looked into an IVF loan? or i had a friend who did ivf that paid so much and was allowed 3 tries. if one of the 3 tries did not end in a live birth then she would receive half her money back. the difficult decision there is its a little more than a normal IVF cycle, so if you get pg the first time it costs a bit more. something to ponder..... if you have never heard of it, let me know and i will see if i can get some more info from her. take care bud and i wish your valentines day didnt have to be so depressing.
    ~Bugs 8 yrs~
    ~Beanie 4 yrs ~

InGodsTime
    needs a mental vacation.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Monica, I am so sorry to hear about your heartache. I had my first IUI this morning, and the next two weeks will be very long for me. I myself feel that IVF is very expensive. I wish our health insurance would have to cover the procedure because even though they say it is elective, we didn't elect to have infertility problems! I wish you luck on your next try!

msr31md
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am sorry, Monica! I hope your CD3 U/S looks good.

--Micol

DH Lawrence
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry to read your news. I understand well all the aggravation - not only do we have to deal with infertility, we get bankrupted in the process.

defleis
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Oh honey...I am so sorry!!! I haven't been able to get online and check on you until now, and I was sooo hoping that I would see better news! I know you were hoping for it too....I just wish there was something I could say that would make things better, but I know there isn't. Know that I am praying for you on this last IUI! I know the feeling of wanting to just call it quits, and I wish I had an answer for you regarding the IVF issue, but I don't. You and dh have to do what you think is right for you. Maybe wait a bit to make that decision. I know it is hard to put that kind of money into something that may or may not work. That is why we have always said that we would go to adoption as our next option.

Hugs to you sweetie, and know I am thinking of you!!!!

Dorrie