FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Took HPT twice so far and ...

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    fetch
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Took HPT twice so far and ...

I appologize for the rambling in advance...

I thought I could wait until the morning before I go in for my beta to do an HPT, but something got over me at the pharmacy yesterday when I was there to puchase 2 months worth of Femara. I was putting off buying the Femara for the longest time, but since I"ve had cramps for the past few days, I figured AF was coming very soon (I was on no meds this current cycle).

Anyhow, I broke down and bought 4 cheapy HPT tests.
    Took one yesterday evening only about 1/2hr after peeing already -- so I'm sure the results were because the urine was diluted?? I got a very very very faint + line.

Couldn't take it anymore, so I took another HPT early this morning and got a slightly darker (but still faint) + HPT.

I'm 12DIUI today. I'm not sure if the HCG trigger is still in my system? Anyone know? Not sure how much I got of it either.
    My beta is on Monday (14DIUI - Feb 14th).

I'm going absolutely nuts not wanting to get my hopes too high if it's a 'false-positive. I honestly don't think this cycle worked and was pretty much convinced at this point -- until the dreaded HPT tests.

2. Advertisement

janslem
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think that the HCG is out of your system! It only takes about 10 days to get out of your system, for me it seems to take about 8 days. I think that you could trust the HPT's at this point! So CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please keep us posted

Janslem
    dx PCOS in 1995, hypothyriod in 1999
    6 injection cycles with 2 IUI!
    1 5/03, 1 chemical 10/01,
    1 blighted ovum 12/03

Braelyn Claire born 4/25/07

Carson Paul born 7/15/09

Jen
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you have to take another shot of HCG after your trigger? My RE sometimes has me take a "booster" shot 5-7 days after IUI.

It depends on what brand HPT you used. Some are more sensitive and may pick up leftover HCG from your trigger shot. (I had this happen a few times which is why I don't HPT anymore.)

I would honestly think that the HCG is out of your system if you only had the trigger shot.

My RE is doing my beta on the 15th (12dpiui) I triggered on the 1st and did a booster shot on the 7th. If my RE thinks that the HCG is out of my system then I would think that it's out of yours. (does that make sense?)

I hope that the tests are right and we see good news tomorrow.

Jen
    Me 35/DH 37
    ttc #1 for 3 long years
    Dx: Male Factor (vas reversal) and Elevated NK Cells

7/02-IUI w/Clomid cd5-9 - BFN
    2/03-IUI w/Clomid cd5-9 Chemical 4/04-4/04 - IVF#1 - BFN
    10/04-IVF #2 - BFP - Chemical
    1/05 - IVF #3 - Converted to IUI 2/3 BFN
    5/05 - IVF #3 - Currently stimming

Mom to Wrigley and Soldier- My furbabies
    Step Mom to two wonderful children

msr31md
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have always had neg HPTS 8-10 days post shot--I think it is out of your system by now. If you are 12dpiui you are 14 days post shot right?

I think you should be getting excited!

Woohoo!
    --Micol

fetch
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I only had one HCG shot the day before my two IUI's (shot on Jan28th, IUI's Jan 29th & 30th), which means the HCG shot was about 15 days ago.

The HPT's I did buy were the cheaper store brand, although they still say 99% accurate -- who knows.
    I have one ClearBlue Easy test left that I was planning on using tomorrow morning to see if it's consistant w/ the cheaper HPT's.

I've been feeling quite crappy today. Lots of cramps, possible mild nausea and still sticky discharge.
    If I'm not pg, I'm so upset about all of these strange signs pointing toward it. I was prepared for a neg beta day after tomorrow (Mon), but now my heart and head are confilcting and thinking WAY too much about a BFP, rather than preparing for a BFN.

This is SO hard.

fetch
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Took a 3rd HPT (15dpiui)

Okay, update today.
    I took another HPT this morning, but using ClearBlue Easy test instead of cheapy test and it immediately came back positive!

I don't know what to think. I'm speechless. I still have some doubts and don't want to get my hopes up if my beta comes back tomorrow neg or pos w/ very low numbers.

So nervous. Starting to feel kind of nausious but that could just be in my head now.

msr31md
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I understand not wanting to get your hopes up--but there is no way that is the Hcg shot! You are pg!!!

Congrats!
    Micol

dutchgirl
    is :)
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Wow!!! Sounds like a BFP to me. Congrats and keep us posted on your beta

Lisa